PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Bushing removal tool

ColMike
03-30-2012, 12:29 PM
With my thumbs, I have a hard time removing the barrel bushing. I bought a tool from Alchemy Custom Weaponry. Here's a video on its use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGxF2OWoZCg

When I got the tool, I tried it out on my Colt Combat Commander and it worked as designed. When I tried it on my Dan Wesson Valor, it didn't work. I contacted them and explained the problem. Rob shipped a new one out to me immediately. The thicker bushings on the DW's were the culprits and the new one was cut to accomodate those thicker bushings.

I recommend this tool and this company.

sdmc530
03-30-2012, 01:28 PM
I like it, but don't like the price so much. $35 shipped is a bit spendy but if you needed assistance with dissasembly I can see how this would be a savior...untill I need it I will stick with the standard bushing remover but well thought out tool.....bet they are selling them like hot cakes!

MajO
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM
I recommend this tool and this company.[/QUOTE]

+ 1:hail::hail::hail::hail:
I bought a couple of these from Alchemy for myself and my kids. They work great on 45 acp. It would not fit in the 10 mm. When I contacted Rob, he could not have been more helpful. They are having a different center post made that will fit other calibers. He will send me a new post and directions when they come in. I have found Alchemy to be a class act. For me, the $35 (about the Walmart price for a box of white box 45 acps) was money well spent. I am not all the handy anymore with arthritis, and a little carpel tunnel in my left wrist.

Riverpigusmc
03-31-2012, 05:22 PM
I just use the thick plastic bushing tool on my Wilson..don't really need to, but keep thinking "you'll shoot your eye out, kid" when I just use my thumb:D

ColMike
03-31-2012, 06:01 PM
I just use the thick plastic bushing tool on my Wilson..don't really need to, but keep thinking "you'll shoot your eye out, kid" when I just use my thumb:D

One day your hands will hurt. But the options are worse. :)

Riverpigusmc
03-31-2012, 07:00 PM
One day your hands will hurt. But the options are worse. :)

Yeah, like the bushing flying out and sticking in the kitchen ceiling. Ask me how I know:p

AutoMag
03-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Yeah, like the bushing flying out and sticking in the kitchen ceiling. Ask me how I know:p

I have one better than that!!:)

My plug flew out ad hit my wife's original Monet painting, luckily no damage was done to my plug!!!!:D:D

Riverpigusmc
03-31-2012, 09:33 PM
I have one better than that!!:)

My plug flew out ad hit my wife's original Monet painting, luckily no damage was done to my plug!!!!:D:D

What is a Monet and why was she painting it??:confused:

ColMike
03-31-2012, 09:55 PM
What is a Monet and why was she painting it??:confused:

When I was younger I knew a Monet, but the plug....

Roverron
03-31-2012, 10:39 PM
I knew Monet and the plug.