PDA

View Full Version : So, what is wrong with a Kimber?

JBT
04-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Before I pull the plug on my friend's NIB Kimber TLE, what is exactly wrong with owning a Kimber? I'm no 1911 expert, but I have owned a few in my lifetime; Springfield, Colt, STI, Nighthawk, Baer, and now DW.

I see all these bad things said about Kimber; mim this, mim that, customer service stinks, etc, etc. Does anybody really know what mim is? If it is indeed inferior to steel? Granted, I would replace some components anyway to get it the way I want it, like most people do to any 1911. Have you dealt with their CS? Have you owned one? Or do you subscribe to the beliefs of what people say on the internet?

ColMike
04-01-2012, 10:57 AM
I had one. It was accurate and reliable. I got rid of it cause it poked me in the ribs.

douglas_knott
04-01-2012, 11:58 AM
I used to have a Kimber custom eclipse 2. Shot great and accurate. I sold it. I had it for 2-3 years and made $350 when I got rid of it. Beautiful pistol never had any issues with it either. I always buy and sell guns. It's a money making hobby of mine.

JBT
04-01-2012, 12:05 PM
I always buy and sell guns. It's a money making hobby of mine.

Tell me your secret. ;)

Riverpigusmc
04-01-2012, 01:03 PM
I've had a Tactical Pro II for quite awhile. After a trip to the smith, it now functions reliably and has always been accurate. In fact, I ran 100 rounds through it last weekend. I just seldom carry it, opting to carry the Wilson because I trust it.

Jdl2
04-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I used to have a Kimber custom eclipse 2. Shot great and accurate. I sold it. I had it for 2-3 years and made $350 when I got rid of it. Beautiful pistol never had any issues with it either. I always buy and sell guns. It's a money making hobby of mine.

Pls tell me that secret, too.:confused:
Jim

Jdl2
04-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I have a Pro Raptor II with 900rds through her. Had several problems during first 500: ftf, fte, failure to retun to battery. Sent her back to Kimber, they replaced a number of parts, returned pistol within two weeks. Pistol works fine now and can only say good things about their service. If you are compelled to give a gun to a family member I suggest you keep the VBob and give them the Kimber.
Jim

skosh69
04-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I've got one, love it. Despite what's been said about them on just about every website known to exist, they've outsold every other manufacturer ten fold. Must be doing something right!

Yeah, they've got MIM, so does every other production gun! Bottom line, all steel can fail whether forged, cast or mim.

Regarding customer service, I had an issue with the finish on mine and they took care of it. Even did some work to the frame ( swapped some SS parts for black ones ) without charging me for it, I had only inquired what it would cost to do it, they went and did it for me pro bono!

So, people are going to talk smack about owning a "mimber", but at least it's made in the USA!

By the way, what's the price on it?

JBT
04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
by the way, what's the price on it?

$600.00

skosh69
04-01-2012, 07:41 PM
$600.00

Buy it, that's a great price!

sdmc530
04-01-2012, 07:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with them. I have Stainless II and do like it. Its relaable, will shoot all type of shells, accurate as my SA's. Its a large production item so there are some varations on the gun to gun sometimes but they make a lot of guns. I like mine....but I like my Colt and my STI better.

Lane
04-01-2012, 09:50 PM
$600.00

I'd take it - even if all you do is resell it.

Lane

douglas_knott
04-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Really no secret to my madness guys. I see them as an investment. I just look for deals and pick them up. Then resell them. I dunno what I do but, I guess I make one hell of a salesman.

AutoMag
04-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Nothing at all wrong with a Kimber, after all it is a 1911!!!:)

Sunderbrew
04-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I have a polymer pro carry that shoots straight and is perfectly reliable I've had it since 2001. The only reason I bought my guardian was to have a single stack. I must say though the dw is still my favorite.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.332484,-85.704357

Thedragonslayer
04-01-2012, 11:24 PM
MIM... there is a difference.

Ive got a kimmy. Carry her everywhere. Shoots perfect.

Every good forum needs something to pick on. Kimber is the butt of most "jokes."

skosh69
04-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Every good forum needs something to pick on. Kimber is the butt of most "jokes."

No, that would be you my friend...hehehehe

RandallZ
04-02-2012, 10:29 AM
My own take on this is that MIM was invented to make tooling tough enough to cut the newer super alloys. If done right, MIM parts should be pretty much indestructible.

On the other hand, I don't like additional firing pin blocking systems in a 1911. Why add complexity (and possible failure points) you don't really need?

If I were looking to buy a Kimber, I'd look for a pre-II gun. On the other hand, for $600 I might learn to like a II. :D

Randall

Quick Draw
05-04-2012, 11:36 AM
$600.00

Buy it before he changes his mind.

TLE2
05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I know some people diss them because they have MIM (Molded in Metal) parts, but I have no issues with mine.

(OK, there is one thing wrong with it: it has an idiot scratch. But don't blame the gun, blame the idiot: me.)

Pawpaw
05-05-2012, 07:16 AM
I know some people diss them because they have MIM (Molded in Metal) parts, but I have no issues with mine.

Don't you mean Metal Injection Molding (http://www.mimaweb.org/)?

sdmc530
05-05-2012, 09:43 AM
we all know what he meant....forgive him...:p

MajO
05-05-2012, 11:22 AM
we all know what he meant....forgive him...:p

For he knows not what he does...he bought a mimber. :bdh::D

DaFadda
05-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Ok... let's get off the sacrilegious stuff before I make you all come to confession. At which time I will find out that you have ALL coveted a Kim*er (the name that shall not be named) sometime in your past. This poor misguided soul obviously has not yet been enlightened to the touch of a Dan Wesson softly stroking the web of his hand as he raises it to the target. But that is NOT his fault. He only knows that MIM is MIM... and he wonders if this is the way it was meant to be.... Those who have partaken of the Dan Wesson waters know the uplifting flavor of a life of gnosis! So, for TLE... no forgiveness is necessary. If he lives within shooting distance of a Dan Wesson COTEPIAN, we are bound to invite him to drink the waters of Wesson, at our expense... at our local range! ROFLMBO!

TLE.. if you are near CT... please, come shooting with me. I have all sorts of stuff to play with!

My story and I'm sticking to it!
DaFadda

JBT
05-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Forgot about this thread. I passed on the Mimber, or whatever name it goes by now. Thinking along the lines of a Ed Brown now.

sdmc530
05-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Can I get a amen from the congression!!!:D:D

MajO
05-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Can I get a amen from the congression!!!:D:D

Amen, or Uh huh! :D

Sheepdog
05-05-2012, 08:58 PM
amen!!!!

MajO
05-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Ok... let's get off the sacrilegious stuff before I make you all come to confession. At which time I will find out that you have ALL coveted a Kim*er (the name that shall not be named) sometime in your past. This poor misguided soul obviously has not yet been enlightened to the touch of a Dan Wesson softly stroking the web of his hand as he raises it to the target. But that is NOT his fault. He only knows that MIM is MIM... and he wonders if this is the way it was meant to be.... Those who have partaken of the Dan Wesson waters know the uplifting flavor of a life of gnosis! So, for TLE... no forgiveness is necessary. If he lives within shooting distance of a Dan Wesson COTEPIAN, we are bound to invite him to drink the waters of Wesson, at our expense... at our local range! ROFLMBO!

TLE.. if you are near CT... please, come shooting with me. I have all sorts of stuff to play with!

My story and I'm sticking to it!
DaFadda

I think that would be what is called job security. :toast:

DaFadda
05-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Hehehehe..... job security. I like it.
DaFadda

Thedragonslayer
05-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Hehehehe..... job security. I like it.
DaFadda

LOL!!!!!

Very well put!!!

Noel

fjweems3
05-07-2012, 08:51 AM
I sold my Super Carry Pro Custom Shop K**ber to buy my CBOB. The weight of the Pro was nice, it was a bobtail, and was very accurate. However, the alloy frame and using hollow point bullets was a concern to me, so I opted for the DW. Both guns are 70 series, no FPB, but I prefer the stainless frame.

glider
01-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Hey, all things being equal I'd rather have a D.W. but some Kimbers can't be beat for the money. You can buy a custom II for around 800 maybe alittle less, that's alot of gun for that price. Is Kimber as good as a D.W., no, is D.W. as good as a Wilson, well I really don't know I can't afford a Wilson. Or a Brown for that matter, might swing a baer someday but to tell ya the truth I'm pretty happy with what I have.

skosh69
01-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Hey, all things being equal I'd rather have a D.W. but some Kimbers can't be beat for the money. You can buy a custom II for around 800 maybe alittle less, that's alot of gun for that price. Is Kimber as good as a D.W., no, is D.W. as good as a Wilson, well I really don't know I can't afford a Wilson. Or a Brown for that matter, might swing a baer someday but to tell ya the truth I'm pretty happy with what I have.

Glider,

Don't take all the Kimber bashing you see around here to heart. The guys just like to razz people about owning Kimbers. It's mostly just jokes.

There are some gun snobs here that really do believe their guns are the best on the planet and that all others suck. So be it, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Remember this is the internet and this forum is just like all the others, it's filled with opinions and you know what they say, opinions are like azz*****, everyone's got one!

I love my Kimber. I'll sell my Dan Wesson before I sell my Kimber.

douglas_knott
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Glider,

Don't take all the Kimber bashing you see around here to heart. The guys just like to razz people about owning Kimbers. It's mostly just jokes.

There are some gun snobs here that really do believe their guns are the best on the planet and that all others suck. So be it, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Remember this is the internet and this forum is just like all the others, it's filled with opinions and you know what they say, opinions are like azz*****, everyone's got one!

I'll buy your DW. :) just bring it in May.

Grouse
01-10-2013, 04:28 PM
the fact of the matter is, It is darn hard to run across a total piece of crap modern manufactured gun.

yeah you may end up with a lemon, but if you grab another of the same model, it will likely work.

what it comes down to for most people is usually these things. I might be wrong on the order

1) name recognition. Kimber 60k 1911's DW 4500. Yeah it is hard to beat that name recognition.

2) price point. If you have 700 bucks you only have 700 bucks. So you look for things in that price point. 1000 dollar HK's are out.

3) aesthetics Yeah yeah all guns go boom but some just look cooler to you. That differs person to person other wise we would not see those glorious tiger striped 50AE Desert Eagles.
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Desert-Eagle-Tiger-Striped.jpg

4) comfort including grip and weight. I think more people are looking at what feels good as opposed to one that had 19 rounds like a noticed in the 90's.

5) Capacity. people want bullets man. the more, the safer they feel.

My two cents in a world of 20 dollar bills.

glider
01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Well my PM9 is very well fit and it's a tack driver. If they're all like that I want another. I really don't see the need to spend more than a D.W. cost, I don't see how anything could be better made. If there is something better made I don't want to know. I've sold a few Kimbers but the ones I still have are keepers. The Gold Match goes to the range with the PM9, the compact is a carry and the Custom II is just a real good plain jane work horse. If I would decide to do some custom work on a 1911 that would be the one.

Grouse
01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Well my PM9 is very well fit and it's a tack driver. If they're all like that I want another. I really don't see the need to spend more than a D.W. cost, I don't see how anything could be better made. If there is something better made I don't want to know. I've sold a few Kimbers but the ones I still have are keepers. The Gold Match goes to the range with the PM9, the compact is a carry and the Custom II is just a real good plain jane work horse. If I would decide to do some custom work on a 1911 that would be the one.

They are great guns but like all things. They can be done better. Read Severns custom's two shoot out threads on the big forum.

I have guns I like, guns that i think people here would laugh at. Hell one of my best accuracy groups from today was with a CZ-82. damn fine pistol for what it is, a Chech comm-bloc pistol that is beat to hell.

Buy what you like, give it a go, and don't let people get under your skin.

i have my list of what i want. An HK P7 was on that for over 10 years. I picked one up this last year. Not a bad gun, but after 3 mags it was to hot to do anything with. I shoot other guns better. so I traded it.

I bought that cz 82 to get free shipping on an order 3 years ago. It is the only gun of the original 4 i still have.

glider
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I know what you mean, that Custom II is kinda special to me and it's the cheapest 1911 I have. I've got a Sig P229 that is a very fine weapon, never a problem of any kind, it just runs and it's a tack driver.

Riverpigusmc
01-10-2013, 05:59 PM
I own a Kimber, I own a Wilson. Is the Wilson better built, with a better fit and finish, more accurate, with a lifetime warranty for whoever owns it? Yup. Was it worth the extra 1800 bucks? Again, yup. Did I have to take the Kimber to the smith to make it run right out of the box? Again, yup. Still have the Kimber though, and it still hits MOD (minute of dead) on steel targets. Carry it from time to time, too. But I carry a j frame BUG when I do.

Tango3
01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
I own Kimbers, I own Wessons. Like both manufacturers; Wessons trump Kimbers, and wouldn't sell any of them.

E.

DaFadda
01-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Here's my take:
Purists do not like MIM parts. Ever.

there are dozens up dozens of anecdotal experiences of MIM parts failing. But I haven't seen any.

Most, if not all the major manufacturers have gone to MIM parts for non stress / low stress parts. Some have even gone to MIM for some higher stress parts.

It's metal injection molded. It's been around a long time. It works. Until it doesn't. If there is a bad batch made, its going to affect the guns that use that batch of parts. Doesn't happen with bar stock. Strength? Got to say that from what I've read, mim is as strong as machined parts. But I WILL catch flak for this opinion.

Kimber? I'd go SIG 1911 before I went Kimber. But that's just me. KImber DOES sell a whole bunch of guns... so someone likes them. I do like my DW CCO a whole lot tho. And the Sigs are beautifulugly in their own way. You love em or you hate em... Personally... I love them.

Just my 2 cents.

BlackKnight
01-21-2013, 07:23 PM
I've come to the conclusion that discussing calibers and manufacturers is akin to the old Ford vs GM vs Mopar or Harley vs others. People are just going to stick to their favorites.
I'm a big Kimber fan. I own two, but also a fan of Glock.
To that end, my first duty was a Sig (229) and loved it. On the contrary I hear Sig quality control has tanked these past few years. While I do know if this is true or not I do not like their latest model of pistols they have been putting out. Although, I have no experience with their 1911 line.

Boats
01-21-2013, 07:27 PM
I've come to the conclusion that discussing calibers and manufacturers is akin to the old Ford vs GM vs Mopar or Harley vs others. People are just going to stick to their favorites.

I agree.

And I think someone else said it in this thread. Buy what you're comfortable with and don't let anyone tell you different.

Lacking real, verifiable evidence for one against another, it comes down to personal preference.

But don't come crying when your MIM part breaks!

Sorry, just a joke. Couldn't resist :)

Boats

Zilmo
01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
I've only owned one Kimber, but it was a really nice pistol.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Zilmo/Guns/DSC_0365.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Zilmo/Guns/DSC_0364.jpg

dwsmithjr
10-05-2014, 12:53 PM
I've owned a number of Kimbers; a Custom II was my first, then a Stainless Target II 10mm, then a Tactical something and that was the last one. The Custom II was actually my first 1911.

I honestly never had a single issue with any of them. They were flawless out of the box, never failed a single time and were more accurate than I was at the time. The LGS here is big on Kimber although they are starting to branch out. Few or no Colts, more STIs now, some Ruger and Remington, virtually no Dan Wessons, which I just don't understands, the Springfields. Many of the 1911s they sell are easily as expensive as the Dan Wessons.

As for MIM, I just don't know. Cheaper, yes, less durable, don't know. That has been an argument going on for a very, very long time. I'm sure there are some cast and barstock parts that are lower quality than the MIM parts in many guns.

If you like them and they work for you, then go for it. I have only Dan Wesson right now, some pre-CZ Patriots, a CBOB and an early Valor. I also have two early SIG GSRs for which I have an unreasonable fondness. I really have not desire, for some reason, to own a Kimber. I look, but they just don't evoke any excitement. Springfiels somewhat more excitement.

Sheepdog
10-05-2014, 01:27 PM
A thread about the name that shall not be mentioned! WOW! All joking aside my problem with Mimbers is they make 40,000 guns a year and quality control sometimes suffers. That is why you get people that love them and hate them. My other problem is they use mim for their sears. While mim may be good for some parts the sear is not one of them. IMHO

Xbonz
10-05-2014, 01:40 PM
My only complaint about them was take down and reassembly. Launched too many dang springs into the atmosphere. Hated having to use the paperclip to keep things from going "sproing". But other than that it ran flawlessly and was extraordinarily accurate.

BlackKnight
10-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Well, if the Marine Corps Special Ops guys are willing to carry it during missions...

DrHenley
10-05-2014, 01:49 PM
they make 40,000 guns a year and quality control sometimes suffers. That is why you get people that love them and hate them.

Exactly.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump, Kimbers are like a box of chocolates...:rolleyes:

A historical reason to bash Kimbers is how they totally screwed up on their external extractors and couldn't figure out that the problem was simply that they made them too short. So instead of correcting the problem, they ditched them. That legacy still lives on in their 22 Conversion slides...

S&W and Sig both screwed up on their first go at external extractors too, but they corrected them.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=869

milkmanjoe
10-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Kimber lost me way back with their at the time external extractors screwing up...

That and I dated a girl named Kim in high school, still haunts me.:D

Sheepdog
10-05-2014, 05:05 PM
I have never bee a big fan of their marketing " Kimber Custom" when nothing could be further from the truth. If you start out with a lie it's difficult to trust them.

Big gary
10-06-2014, 11:32 PM
RCP, compact, pro HDII and a USA Olympic match with the Swartz and external extractor. I have put over 3000 thru the match with no problems. And it can shoot very straight, better than me. None of these 4 have had any problems. I shoot them allot, carry the RCP allot. I own over 40 firearms and have never owned a turd. Must be one lucky person. I will keep my kimbers till I die, would like 2 more 1911's. An ECO and a 6''. My all time favorite pistol is a S&W model 41. I have shot thousands of rounds thru it over 30 years.

Sheepdog
10-07-2014, 12:18 AM
RCP, compact, pro HDII and a USA Olympic match with the Swartz and external extractor. I have put over 3000 thru the match with no problems. And it can shoot very straight, better than me. None of these 4 have had any problems. I shoot them allot, carry the RCP allot. I own over 40 firearms and have never owned a turd. Must be one lucky person. I will keep my kimbers till I die, would like 2 more 1911's. An ECO and a 6''. My all time favorite pistol is a S&W model 41. I have shot thousands of rounds thru it over 30 years.

Me too. Love them.

Rick McC.
01-04-2015, 11:55 AM
I have never bee a big fan of their marketing " Kimber Custom" when nothing could be further from the truth. If you start out with a lie it's difficult to trust them.

That's what was an eye opener for me.

Then I noticed that the other brand 1911's I was buying at that same time were all running great immediately. No "500 round break in " BS required; waiting for MIM parts to smash themselves together, rather than being properly fitted BEFORE the gun was shipped out.

That was when I got over the Kimber Kool aid.

For the last few years; Colt has been the only production 1911 I'll still buy.

zukinut
01-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Kimber lost me way back with their at the time external extractors screwing up...

That and I dated a girl named Kim in high school, still haunts me.:D

Thank goodness I'm not the only. Gaud she was a .......... funny

Sheepdog
01-04-2015, 07:50 PM
That's what was an eye opener for me.

Then I noticed that the other brand 1911's I was buying at that same time were all running great immediately. No "500 round break in " BS required; waiting for MIM parts to smash themselves together, rather than being properly fitted BEFORE the gun was shipped out.

That was when I got over the Kimber Kool aid.

For the last few years; Colt has been the only production 1911 I'll still buy.

Kimber makes 60,000 guns a year Dan Wesson makes around 1000. That being said, they are going to have more problems. I know a lot of people that have Kimbers and have been happy with them after a trip or two back to the mothership and some that have sold them instantly after return. I don't have anything against them, there are other guns I would buy before a Kimber.

Now I did it! I used the word that shall not be mentioned.:mob:

TLE2
01-04-2015, 09:02 PM
I've had a TLE II for several years. It's had several thousand rounds thru it even +P. It's never been to the gunsmith.

It just works.

aqualungs
01-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Glider,

I don't believe you, lol! :mob:

pony up
01-06-2015, 02:17 PM
It seems everyone has a Kimber story. I bought my first one, a CPD 15 or 20 years ago. It was a fine little 1911, well built, accurate and dependable enough that I carried it for over 10 years. Sure I couldn't find much Custom Shop about it but it fit my needs perfectly. I sold it for what I had paid for it and thought that was a fine thing. So I bought another Kimber, this one with doodads like a round butt frame and it too was pretty, accurate and dependable. This is turning into a long story on the end of a very old thread so to save ink lets just say the first part of the story has repeated 3 times to my present Kimber Eclipse II Pro. You know that one. Out of the box, first evening, initial take down, unfired. Genius! My very first idiot scratch after more than 55 years of dicking around with 1911s. It is still handsome, still new in the box and unfired and still has the grand canyon looking faint scratch on the frame. I do not know why I am punishing the pistol except bad juju. That is the only Kimber "story" I have. Nice pistols that worked, returned my cash for other "investments." This Eclipse II needs a trip to Kimber for a scratch fix and a home where it can play. I have read the Kimber bashing pieces, have no doubt that those folks were indeed disappointed but my experience has been completely positive and I have no doubt that the Eclipse in my safe is as dependable as the others have been. My carry piece will continue to be my DW ECO until something shoots better and pushed it out of my holster.

MPDC
01-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Better a member with a Kimber than a dolt WIF a Colt! :eek: :mob: :D

RKP
01-06-2015, 06:03 PM
...... I'll sell my Kimber l-o-n-g before I sell my Dan Wesson.....

Fixed it ...... ;)

skosh69
01-06-2015, 07:49 PM
I don't believe you, lol! :mob:

Yep, it's true. I will not part with the first gun I ever bought. Sentimental value is worth more than dollar value.

That and I've done a bunch of things to the CDP that are "personal" touches and that makes it hard to sell to someone else, meaning tastes vary.

Fixed it ...... ;)

Wrong :D

aqualungs
01-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Yep, it's true. I will not part with the first gun I ever bought. Sentimental value is worth more than dollar value.

That and I've done a bunch of things to the CDP that are "personal" touches and that makes it hard to sell to someone else, meaning tastes vary.

Wrong :D

Nice! That I can understand. My M&P 40C was my first. I would have loved to have a Kimber 1911 as my first., and I would keep it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick McC.
02-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Kimber makes 60,000 guns a year Dan Wesson makes around 1000. That being said, they are going to have more problems. I know a lot of people that have Kimbers and have been happy with them after a trip or two back to the mothership and some that have sold them instantly after return. I don't have anything against them, there are other guns I would buy before a Kimber.

Now I did it! I used the word that shall not be mentioned.:mob:

That's my point "after a trip or two back" to get them right.

I owned four. Two went back to Kimber. Both came back with problems I still had to fix myself.

Of the other two; the Custom TLE II was fine.

The Custom CDP II worked, but barely. It fed with a very noticeable "ka-chunk" you could hear and feel, and any rounds that were chambered but not fired exhibited very noticeable setback.

Every other brand I bought ran right out of the box.

I quit reading all the gun mag ads; and faced reality.

The one from my wife that I kept was made totally reliable by me, and the high stress MIM parts were replaced and fitted (by me) for a total cost of $135.00.

For what they sell them for; they ought to come with decent parts, and be reliable.

But as long as new buyers come along that believe the BS ads they read; Kimber will keep shoveling their poorly fitted, MIM filled crap out the door.

But hey; they are pretty.

TLE2
02-19-2015, 10:16 PM
I have a Kimber TLE II. It works, period. I have a few thousand rounds thru it.

I have a DW VBOB. It's already been back for repairs. I have less than 50 rounds thru it.

I carry my Kimber.