PDA

View Full Version : .22 TCM Ammunition.

Old Draftsman
04-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Where the $%^& can I get some?

I'm all dressed up and nothing to shoot in my new (EMPTY) .22 TCM.

Anyone?

Slim.

I'm gonna have to shoot 9mm I guess. :mad:

NAMVET72
04-09-2012, 08:44 PM
PM AutoMag or look at the 1911 Forum if I remember correctly someone found some....................

Clyde

Grouse
04-09-2012, 08:55 PM
hmm interesting where do i find out more ?

my daily carry before my pm7 was a fn 5.7

Old Draftsman
04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
hmm interesting where do i find out more ?

my daily carry before my pm7 was a fn 5.7

Armscor website.

.22 @ 2000fps+ :D

AutoMag
04-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Centerfire Systems should have some in stock, $19.99 for a box of 50!!

Old Draftsman
04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Centerfire Systems should have some in stock, $19.99 for a box of 50!!

Yep, looks like the "ONLY" place. Currently backordered but wadda ya gonna do?

I guess I'll just go and break in the 9mm barrel ;).

Thanks Mike (etux)

:wf:

Roverron
04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
http://www.advancedtactical.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=181&category_id=6&option=com_,=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53 (http://www.advancedtactical.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=181&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53)
Advanced tactical shows they have some

Old Draftsman
04-10-2012, 03:24 PM
http://www.advancedtactical.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=181&category_id=6&option=com_,=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53 (http://www.advancedtactical.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=181&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53)
Advanced tactical shows they have some

Thanks Ron,

Now there are only 6 boxes left. :D

/s

AutoMag
04-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Old Draftsman, I am sorry, I thought that you had already checked the RIA web site for the ammo!!:)

Old Draftsman
04-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Old Draftsman, I am sorry, I thought that you had already checked the RIA web site for the ammo!!:)

Naaaahhhh, I'm an idiot! I didn't even think about the RIA site. Old age gaining on me I guess.;)

Thanks though, I did order some and left a few for someone else too. :D

/s

BTW The 9mm spring, barrel and ejector all work perfect (no surprise) out of the box.
Dead on accurate at 25 yards and I'm liking it. I'll love it if I can get used to the 2x4 in
my hand with the fat mag. ;)

herefordman1
04-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Educate me. What does TCM stand for?

Jim

AutoMag
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Educate me. What does TCM stand for?

Jim

Tuason - Craig - Micromagnum.

Martin Tuason, owner of Armscor.

Fred Craig, gunsmith and developer of the round.

NAMVET72
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Naaaahhhh, I'm an idiot! I didn't even think about the RIA site. Old age gaining on me I guess.;)

Thanks though, I did order some and left a few for someone else too. :D

/s

BTW The 9mm spring, barrel and ejector all work perfect (no surprise) out of the box.
Dead on accurate at 25 yards and I'm liking it. I'll love it if I can get used to the 2x4 in
my hand with the fat mag. ;)

Well where are the pics of you shooting it from your Rocking Chair??????

Clyde

Old Draftsman
04-26-2012, 01:02 PM
and all I can say is WOW!! I was expecting an improved muzzle flash but not the whale sized BOOM. Man this thing is loud. 10 rounds and I was ready to sell it then I took it back to the range today and I think I'll keep it.

In "my opinion" the quality of the receiver is lacking in the pistol compared to it's .45 and .38 super RIA siblings.

For the quality, and price I'll not be looking for another TCM. I don't care for the thickness of the higher quantity magazines so when I find another receiver, I'll fit the slide to it and I'll be a happier TCM capable 1911 shooter. I did place the 9mm barrel in my .38 super and love the "new 9mm" I now have. ;)

Now I'm not throwing any rocks (no pun intended) at RIA, I bought the TCM after inspecting and field stripping it at a LGS so I knew I didn't like the fat grip but thought I could get used to it. Where I'm disappointed is in the frame parts. (ymmv) IMO they just are not of the quality I expected from RIA.

I got a "T" shirt in size small (free with my order) if anyone here can fit it, it can be yours. (gratis of course)

So there you have it my friends. Shoot straight and be safe.:D

DaFadda
04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
If its all metal... no worries... you can use it as a club until you get ammo. You can still do real damage!!!
DaFadda

MajO
04-26-2012, 06:17 PM
It currently says that they have 62 boxes.

Old Draftsman
04-26-2012, 06:49 PM
If its all metal... no worries... you can use it as a club until you get ammo. You can still do real damage!!!
DaFadda

Getting the ammo is now (for a while anyway) is solved. :)

The TCM has a flash/bang (more of a boom) comparable to a .44 magnum. Should I shoot and miss the perp, I can simply search for the "blind/deaf" guy (with brown stained trousers) and turn him over to the authorities. The TCM is simply amazing and captures the immediate attention of those nearby.

:D

MajO
04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Getting the ammo is now (for a while anyway) is solved. :)

The TCM has a flash/bang (more of a boom) comparable to a .44 magnum. Should I shoot and miss the perp, I can simply search for the "blind/deaf" guy (with brown stained trousers) and turn him over to the authorities. The TCM is simply amazing and captures the immediate attention of those nearby.

:D

As more of us age, there might be more than one person fitting that description.nanner

Old Draftsman
04-26-2012, 11:35 PM
As more of us age, there might be more than one person fitting that description.nanner

I guess I really should have said..."the OTHER" "blind/deaf" guy (with brown stained trousers)

;) :D

Yes, i fall into the geezer group according to my grandchildren.

/s

MajO
04-27-2012, 11:09 PM
I guess I really should have said..."the OTHER" "blind/deaf" guy (with brown stained trousers)

;) :D

Yes, i fall into the geezer group according to my grandchildren.

/s

It's our kids who push us into geezerdom, :rolleyes: but we do get our revenge with our gradchildren. Going down to Virginia in the morning to see our latest grandbabies.