PDA

View Full Version : Prepare to be angry if you read this.

BadOscar
04-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Turn Tail and Run Law Guidlines
1) You are criminally attacked, run away!
2) You see others being criminally attacked, run away!
3) You are threatened with violent crime, run away!
4) You see others being threatened with violent crime, run away!

WTF!!!

http://www.pgnh.org/turn_tail_and_run_law_proposed

NAMVET72
04-26-2012, 03:55 PM
I agree Alex, however comma.............I won't run, if I have the time and chance to I will always defend myself..............

Clyde

jmlutz
04-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Surely that is just satire.......................I hope:confused: Mike

Roverron
04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
This SOB needs to run away quick! I think he needs to move to GB so that he can kiss the crooks butts when they. One for him

Big Smoke
04-26-2012, 05:07 PM
It's a typical stunt to draw bad exposure to the Stand Your Ground law that had nothing to do with the Trayvon Martin case. But don't tell the knee-jerks that. Then they wouldn't have any symbols to grandstand with.

Riverpigusmc
04-26-2012, 05:12 PM
In our platoon we used to say "you can run, you'll only die tired" Plus it's a good way to get shot in the back. Plus, I hate running..if you see me running, you damn sure better catch up, coz something real bad just happened

DaFadda
04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
"if you see me running, you damn sure better catch up, coz something real bad just happened"

I've never heard it said quite like that before. I like it. A lot.
DaFadda

mjkortan
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
My history may be a big rusty but last time i checked this country was not founded on turning are backs and running away. I'm pretty sure we stood are ground to win are freedom.

Dave Waits
04-26-2012, 08:24 PM
What is so telling about using that song for their idiocy is that the song was a satire. It was sung to make fun of and humiliate Sir Robin. It's a song about Cowardice.

http://www.stmoroky.com/sirrobin/song.htm

GoldenVolt
04-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Unbelievable. :mad:

There's no way they could pass that bill.

Greg

Sheepdog
04-26-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't think so!

fjweems3
04-27-2012, 11:08 AM
In our platoon we used to say "you can run, you'll only die tired" Plus it's a good way to get shot in the back. Plus, I hate running..if you see me running, you damn sure better catch up, coz something real bad just happened

Sounds like good advice to me.Clyde

interpol
04-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Guys this is obviously a joke. I seriously doubt that the POTUS would quote Monty Python in support of anything.

Secondly, Captain John Parker didn't say what was quoted in the article.

The article claims he said - Turn tail and run. Don't fire even if fired upon. If they mean to have a war, let it begin somewhere else.

He actually said - Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

ALSO at the bottom of the page it clearly says-
Editor's note added Friday, April 27: In less than four days, this article has gathered more internet hits than anything else we've published on this website. We're amazed, however, at how many people don't recognize the article as parody -- political satire -- and instead take it seriously. Reversing famous quotations ("If they mean to have a war, let it begin somewhere else [instead of 'here']"? Using a Monty Python song? Mayor "Bloomingidiot"? Come on! (In addition to being a brilliant and successful lawyer, Evan's got a great sense of humor!)