PDA

View Full Version : Leather Holster marring finish on my CBOB

fjweems3
04-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Used a Milt Sparks leather belt holster yesterday to carry my CBOB. The leather strips for the sight channel left noticeable marks on the finish on top of the slide. Should I just get rid of the holster? Or, is this going to happen no matter what?

wxl
04-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Stainless finish or other? My opinion if you plan on carry, you will wind up with holster marks OR WORSE! Sparks are generally top holsters and sounds like you may be new to the game. Most of us wind up with box full of different holsters looking for the perfect one. GAME ON!

Lane
04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Can you post a picture? I'm surprised that the leather is marking your pistol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mike45
04-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Be proud of your worn CBOB. nanner

I own a lot of MS holster and have never had the problem you are describing.

Are these permanent mark or will it clean up?

Lane
04-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Be proud of your worn CBOB.

Seriously - my 'BOB looks like it's been in a war. It's been molded a couple hundred times.

Are these permanent mark or will it clean up?

I'd be willing to bet its something from the leather dye and/or oil - and will clean right up.

Lane

fjweems3
04-27-2012, 03:57 PM
I'll post some pics later on today. I have a huge box of holsters. been picking them up over the lat 20+ years. I was just surprised that a quality holster would make these marks.

DaFadda
04-27-2012, 06:32 PM
No Pastor.... that's not right. You need to send me your holster immediately. Don't put your CBOB in it again. Trust me... I'm also a Pastor. Just send it to my home address and all your problems will be solved. Seriously... trust...

ahhhhhh.... I can't say this stuff without laughing! Try a little gun oil and a soft cloth. I'll bet the marks will wipe off with a little care.

chuckling....
DaFadda

Thedragonslayer
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
No Pastor.... that's not right. You need to send me your holster immediately. Don't put your CBOB in it again. Trust me... I'm also a Pastor. Just send it to my home address and all your problems will be solved. Seriously... trust...

ahhhhhh.... I can't say this stuff without laughing! Try a little gun oil and a soft cloth. I'll bet the marks will wipe off with a little care.

chuckling....
DaFadda

funnyfunnyfunny

Freeman, he beat me to it... that was going to be my smartypants answer. :D

Try to clean it... hope it comes off.

Noel

Roverron
04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
If it doesn't then just send me the gun, and send Michael the holster. We'll take care of them for you

Thedragonslayer
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM
If it doesn't then just send me the gun, and send Michael the holster. We'll take care of them for you

hehehe!!!!

Sorry Freemen... we get a little goofy around here when we have nothing better to add!!!!:D:D:D;):p

Zilmo
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Keep the holster, send me that nasty marked up gun!