PDA

View Full Version : Wife's first trip out....

skosh69
04-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Ok, the wife finally decided it was time to get to the range. Seems every since I got her pistol awhile back, something has come up every weekend. Well, last night she said, "it's time, I want to shoot tomorrow!".

So I packed up her Ruger SR22 pistol, the Cbob and all the necessities and we headed out to the range this morning.

Not just because she's my wife, but I think she did a great job for a rookie on her first trip. We kept the target at 5 yds, so that she would feel more comfortable and accomplished since this was her first time. Nothing like feeling frustrated because you can't hit anywhere near center mass 'cause the targets to far away!

Now I'm no instructor, I just gave her the very basics of shooting 101....Keep the "booger hook" off the "bang switch" until you're ready to shoot, keep the muzzle up and down range, relax and have fun. And boy did she.

After she warmed up with a quite few mags through her Ruger SR22, I handed her my Dan Wesson Cbob .45 cal. She loved it! I gotta admit, I afraid she was gonna drop it after she felt the recoil of the first round, but she didn't, she was like, "WOW"...that's awesome! She then joked, " I don't like mine anymore, I like yours better...". Yep, there's something about a .45 that just brings a smile to your face! Hmmm, might have to look into a 1911 for her now, woo hoo. She did say it felt a little heavy, so maybe an alloy frame for her with some thin grips.

She ended up shooting around 250 rds through the SR22 and around 40 through the Cbob. And for all you S/A's out there, yes each one went BOOM!

The only mishap she had was a couple of hot shell casings to the boobs...hehehehe. :D I didn't think about it before we left the house and she was wearing a low cut, loose fitting t-shirt under the grey shirt. OOPS... :eek: But I was proud of her, she calmly set the pistol down before jumping around little a mexican jumping bean trying to dislodge the spent brass! She was like, "why didn't you tell me about this?" and I responded, I don't wear low cut shirts and I ain't got boobs for shell casings to get stuck in! Live and learn.

With her Ruger SR 22
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/skosh1/42812004.jpg

One of her many targets..
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/skosh1/42812014.jpg

With the Cbob ( yes, her hand placement needs work, I had to keep reminding her not to hold it like they do in the movies. )
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/skosh1/42812005.jpg

Her first 7 rounds of .45 ( there's 2 holes right on top of each other at the bottom off the pic..look close )
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/skosh1/42812012.jpg

Riverpigusmc
04-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Good deal buddy. Sometimes hot boobs can be a bad thing. Not often, though:D

AutoMag
04-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Great looking targets Ellison!!!:)

What, no pictures of the burn marks!!!!:D:D:D

Deleted
04-29-2012, 01:11 AM
Must have been factory loads if EACH ONE WENT BOOM!!!!

Nice shooting....Looks like you'll be hand over the DW before too long.

DaFadda
04-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Let's understate the obvious:

Factory loads usually go boom Ellison!

Glad your wife had a good time at the range. Wish we lived closer, I guess its strange to be the only woman at the range.

DaFadda

Snipersnest
04-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Now that's what I call quality time with the Bride!

sdmc530
04-29-2012, 10:21 AM
just awesome!

jmlutz
04-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Looks like ya'll had a great time, thanks for the pictures! Mike

skosh69
04-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback family! She really had a great time and is looking forward to our next visit.

My sister and husband are coming for a visit next weekend and my wife suggested that we go to the range instead of the doing the same ol' thing.

Woo Hoo, gotta love her enthusiasm!

Thedragonslayer
04-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Good deal buddy. Sometimes hot boobs can be a bad thing. Not often, though:D

Gee after I read your post Ellison, it was like I was running to see how Mike commented about the boobs!!!!:D:D:D:p And looksie... of course he couldnt just let it go, could he???? funnyfunnyfunny

Great Thread Ren... Glad she had fun!!!

Stimpy
Noel

Snipersnest
04-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Ellison didn't say anything to the Bride about wearing a low cut, cause he knew what was gonna happen and was hoping she'd let him kiss them better!:p

Riverpigusmc
04-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Gee after I read your post Ellison, it was like I was running to see how Mike commented about the boobs!!!!:D:D:D:p And looksie... of course he couldnt just let it go, could he???? funnyfunnyfunny

Great Thread Ren... Glad she had fun!!!

Stimpy
Noel

Nope. I ain't lettin' go of boobs, either.

Feathermerchant
04-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Way to go Mayla! Great job taking her out Ellison, I wish she could have come to our Women's Only this weekend. NRA First Steps, the Personal Protection in the Home - my favorite to teach! And all of us get "branded" sooner or later with those pesky little hot cases! I have my share!!

Riverpigusmc
04-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Way to go Mayla! Great job taking her out Ellison, I wish she could have come to our Women's Only this weekend. NRA First Steps, the Personal Protection in the Home - my favorite to teach! And all of us get "branded" sooner or later with those pesky little hot cases! I have my share!!

I think I just got the vapors thinking of that class :p

Dave Waits
04-30-2012, 09:21 PM
I thought the pics of Mayla with her new CBOB were especially interesting.