PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Again-Me Too

Steve CT
05-23-2012, 10:19 PM
My son has kind of pushed me back into reloading by mobilizing the people around me to "Birthday Gift" me back into reloading.

I reloaded many years ago on an RCBS Rockchucker, and my mission in life at that time seemed to be seeing just how far I could push a Dan Wesson 15-2. The DW won, and is still going strong.When I drifted away from shooting, the reloading obviously went by the wayside as well.

This past birthday I received all the components and dies for .38/.357, and my son is sending me a Lee Classic Turret kit (which was my preference).

I'll be loading for .357 Mag, .45 ACP, .223/5.56, maybe .380.

I've always said that I'd like to shoot .38 Super, but knew I really needed to reload to do that, so someday...

Pretty Damn Good Birthday :D:D

AutoMag
05-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Happy Birthday Steve and congrats on the new reloading gear!!!:)

douglas_knott
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
+1 to what John said. Happy birthday...

DaFadda
05-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Not that you need any help or advice Steve... but since you've been out of it for a few years... if you have any questions about setups, etc... .you know my number. Happy to come by for a visit. Of course... you could always come on back down here to Bridgeport area. btw... I also run a Lee Classic Turret... and my Rockchucker is still as strong as an ox!
DaFadda

Steve CT
05-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks, especially to my neighbor Michael (and we are gonna get together again soon). About a year ago I "authored" a Reloading Roundtable on my home forum, where I enlisted the help of 5 smart shooters/reloaders, asked them stupid questions, and edited their responses into a four part article about the process, equipment, special techniques,etc.

I learned enough in that process to help me understand how little I really know. I have some great guns, and I owe it to the guns to do my part and "feed" them properly.

The good news is that I have 300-800 each of factory .357, .45, and .223 that I need to turn into brass so I can reload them. My Mission is clear, I Need To Shoot More.

GoldenVolt
05-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Happy belated Birthday Steve.

Remember you don't reload to save money. You reload to shoot more.:D

Greg