PDA

View Full Version : New Colts

Dave Waits
05-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Just a note to all you fair-minded posters, you can't buy any new Colt 1911, especially the Lightweight, they all have MIM-Internals.

Cap
05-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Just a note to all you fair-minded posters, you can't buy any new Colt 1911, especially the Lightweight, they all have MIM-Internals.

did they change something, Dave??

they've always had a couple MIM parts ...sear and disco.
There might be one more too, but I can't think of it

everything else is steel or cast as i understand

..L.T.A.

Sheepdog
05-01-2011, 11:26 PM
The only mim part in a colt is the disconnect. That comes from the top at Colt. General Keys has played a huge role in turning the company around and to bring the quality of Colt back to what it once was.

Cap
05-03-2011, 12:25 AM
The only mim part in a colt is the disconnect. That comes from the top at Colt. .

i doono, Brother
I just did a trigger job on my new Colt, the sear sure looks like MIM to me.
Got the little round injection mold "dot" on the side like every other MIM part I've seen .

It doesn't look like my aftermarket tool steel sear (Berryhill's Ultimate Ignition set)
Or my '85 Springer which is pre-MIM production

The sear in my New Agent looks MIM too

Here's the sear in my 2010 Gold Cup

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/larycap/002-7.jpg

..L.T.A.

SemperFi1977m
05-03-2011, 12:40 AM
that does look like a MIM dot....I thought I heard the sear and disco were MIM also. I dont know what, if any, other parts are....would have to have someone mail me ythier Colt to see haha

Cap
05-03-2011, 09:36 AM
that does look like a MIM dot....I thought I heard the sear and disco were MIM also. I dont know what, if any, other parts are....would have to have someone mail me ythier Colt to see haha

i'M 99.9% sure the sear and disco are MIM.
Maybe it was a misunderstanding on the part of who ever told Sheepdog?
(or the person at Colt just didn't know the product)

OR..their latest production pistols are indeed "MIMless" with the exception of the disco

I don't think any of mine are post CNC production .
I know most of 'em aren't.
The only one I'm not sure of is the TALO Colt I picked up a coupe weeks ago

..L.T.A.

Two Guns
04-30-2012, 11:50 PM
The sear on my 2010 Stainless GCT doesn't look MIM.

sdmc530
05-01-2012, 12:01 AM
my 2012 CGC doesn't have the "pimpe" either, I don't think its MIM...but will do some more looking on the parts in the morning! :mob: