PDA

View Full Version : COTEP mag holder review

Grizzman
06-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Here's an initial review of a slim double magazine holder made by our own Eaglestroker. I used my 1 1/4" Milt Sparks gun belt, with each holder positioned at as close to 3:00 and 9:00 as my belt loops would allow. Both designs have gaps between the belt loops so they can actually straddle the pants loops. I used government sized Wilson and DW mags, fully loaded. I wore a fairly loose fitting t-shirt as a cover garment.

It is very well made, and works even better than it looks. I wore Eagle's on my weakside and a double holder by Milt Sparks on the strongside for 2 1/2 hours as an initial test. The belt loops are sized to allow the belt to slide through it without unnecessary difficulty. The mag holder stayed in place and didn't shift or slide one bit during the initial test.

Immediately, I noticed that Eagle's holder is designed to ride approximately 1 1/4" lower that the MS one. This higher loop position keeps the top of the magazines fully against my body, whereas the MS magazine tops sit away from my body. This difference is enough to allow the MS held mags to be easily seen, while the Eagle held mags were not visible at all.

Magazines fit very tightly in the holders initially. I'm certain that with some minor stretching, they will end up holding the magazines with the same tightness as the MS ones do now (the MS ones were also very tight initially).

Eaglestroker's holder was completely comfortable for the two and half hours or so I wore it today, and I'm certain that it would feel exactly the same after another 12 hours.

On the appearance front, the MS product is slightly superior with straighter edges and a glossier finish, but these details affect performance in no way (and MS wants over twice the $$ for theirs).

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the mag holder, and can't wait for the snap loop holder to arrive.

Here are a few photos.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/thegrizzman/Leather/PICT0077.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/thegrizzman/Leather/PICT0079.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/thegrizzman/Leather/PICT0078.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/thegrizzman/Leather/PICT0080.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot. Eaglestroker's mag holders have those badass COTEP stamps on them......makes them sooooo much better!!

Grizz

sdmc530
06-17-2012, 06:47 PM
photo's/......where.....I can't see them.....

Deleted
06-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Here's an initial review of a slim double magazine holder made by our own Eaglestroker. I used my 1 1/4" Milt Sparks gun belt, with each holder positioned at as close to 3:00 and 9:00 as my belt loops would allow. Both designs have gaps between the belt loops so they can actually straddle the pants loops. I used government sized Wilson and DW mags, fully loaded. I wore a fairly loose fitting t-shirt as a cover garment.

It is very well made, and works even better than it looks. I wore Eagle's on my weakside and a double holder by Milt Sparks on the strongside for 2 1/2 hours as an initial test.

Immediately, I noticed that Eagle's holder is designed to ride approximately 1 1/4" lower that the MS one. This higher loop position keeps the top of the magazines fully against my body, whereas the MS magazine tops sit away from my body. This difference is enough to allow the MS held mags to be easily seen, while the Eagle held mags were not visible at all.

Magazines fit very tightly in the holders initially. I'm certain that with some minor stretching, they will end up holding the magazines with the same tightness as the MS ones do now (the MS ones were also very tight initially).

Eaglestroker's holder was completely comfortable for the two and half hours or so I wore it today, and I'm certain that it would feel exactly the same after another 12 hours.

On the appearance front, the MS product is slightly superior with straighter edges and a glossier finish, but these details affect performance in no way (and MS wants over twice the $$ for theirs).

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the mag holder, and can't wait for the snap loop holder to arrive.

Here are a few photos.

Grizz

Sounds like a "WINNER" to me... To me Appearance is 2nd to performance(since no one will see it anyway). Thanks for the upfront and honest review, hope the rest of use that ordered the pouches will be as happy as you are????/

Ed

PS Stop teasing us and post the pics:D

Thanks for the pics!!! now after seeing them i should have gone with the COTEP stamp....Oh well

Grizzman
06-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Pics have been posted. If you'd like to see any other views (maybe I could locate a hot model for on-body photos) let me know.

Time to put the mags back in and continue the break-in. :)

Grizz

sdmc530
06-17-2012, 08:59 PM
I see em now...very nice.....hope they are all that beautiful!

Eaglestroker
06-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Ed, not to late to change.

Grizz, you'll be happier with the second and your snap piece, the edges waving were a result of how they dried. Have my oven up and running again now. The finish, well that's personal preference and I prefer low gloss :)

douglas_knott
06-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Pics have been posted. If you'd like to see any other views (maybe I could locate a hot model for on-body photos) let me know.

Time to put the mags back in and continue the break-in. :)

Grizz

I knew you were thinking of me Grizz. I can model for you to take some pics. what's days are you free again?

Grizzman
06-18-2012, 09:32 PM
I knew you were thinking of me Grizz. I can model for you to take some pics. what's days are you free again?

That wasn't quite what I was thinking, and most here would probably agree.

Riverpigusmc
06-19-2012, 08:06 PM

Talk about a thread killer:eek: