PDA

View Full Version : 38 super ria fail-zero edition

girphoto
06-22-2012, 08:27 PM
I just up loaded to the 1911forum and thought you all might be interested

As some of you know, (NIght AL) I did a lot of work on my RIA 38Super in Gloss Nickel finish.
The gun had a lot of Bling and every time I went to clean it I ran into a problem with the finish.
I thought it would be Cool to change out the small parts for Black Small parts, which I did. But every time I would talk the gun to an outdoor match, I would Blind he other shooters plus my Self:rofl::rofl:

As some of you know, I build Custom Glocks and I use Fail-Zero to finish the slides and barrels.
I decided to have them do a job on my RIA 38Super.
The gun was stripped, the factory plating was removed, all Black small parts were stripped and than the entire gun was glass bead blasted.
The gun was than re-finished by Fail-Zero (never needs oil, can run dry for ever and to clean just use an alcohol wipe).

I changed the front sight that was staked and cut in a Novak cut and added a Dawson 185 Black front blade sight to go along with the Fiber optic RED rear.

The result is a rather cool gun, that runs nice and smooth, and will get a complete workout next week.

I PRESENT THE 38SUPER RIA FAIL-ZERO EDITION:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/girphoto/RIA38SFZ2.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/girphoto/RIA38SFZ1.jpg

ENJOY!
Gary

skosh69
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
That looks awesome!!! If I ever get a Rock, I'll send it to ya and have you do the same thing.

NAMVET72
06-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks Gary for Posting the Pics and the Report on your 38 Super..........

Really Nice............

Clyde

Sheepdog
06-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Nice job! She looks great.

AutoMag
06-22-2012, 10:59 PM
It looks great Gary!!:)

ColMike
06-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Very stylish Gary!

DaFadda
06-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Fail Zero is a Nickel Boron coating.. no? Can they coat in other colors now? I'd be interested in doing my Rock in Black... but that's just me. I know... I know... it's already parked... but I actually like the duty finish on my DW, and when you put the two side by side... the Rock just isn't as pretty.

girphoto
06-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Correct...

Fail-Zero is a Nickel Boron coating.
It is done at Fail-Zero , It does not come in colors and you can not do it on your own (trying to answer a few questions at once).

The finish is harder than a chrome finish, and there is no need for any oil on the gun. It runs dry and runs great.
When it gets dirty, just take an alcohol wipe and clean it off.

Thanks for the nice comments on the gun.

Gary