PDA

View Full Version : Another New Belt From A&G

Jdl2
06-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Hi Al. Received my new belt today. Just beautiful. Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Jim

douglas_knott
06-26-2012, 12:13 AM
NO pics? NOthing? Great belts for sure.

Riverpigusmc
06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Al's the best...course, I'm biased coz I have one of his belts:D

ABC3
06-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys. We appreciate the comments.

Jdl2
06-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Hey Al. Would you have a photo of my belt for Doug?
Jim

bvkdphillips
06-26-2012, 11:16 PM
I agree - Al make great belts. I have two of them and wear them every day.

Bob

ABC3
06-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Jim.

The only pic's we have are the ones on our website.

Al

Roverron
06-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Al, here's my new A&G Basket Weave belt. It came in a few weeks back, and I've had it dressed up a couple of ways. . . . .

COTEP Casual, with my silver buckle!
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r631/roverron6/IMG_0005.jpg

Cowboy Dressed Up!
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r631/roverron6/IMG_0001-1.jpg

ABC3
06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Great looking rig. I love those grips. Thanks for posting.

Big Smoke
03-15-2013, 12:25 PM
I just ordered a belt a few weeks ago. Great customer service. Not being very knowledgeable about belts, I ordered a belt with a stiffener, AND velcro. He called me and explained to me the difference, and that having both would not be a good option. I appreciate that. A lot of people would have just made it and shipped it, and I may have not been very happy with it. So I am thankful I ordered it from here. :) Thank again, and I look forward to receiving my belt.

Big Smoke
03-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I just ordered a belt a few weeks ago. Great customer service. Not being very knowledgeable about belts, I ordered a belt with a stiffener, AND velcro. He called me and explained to me the difference, and that having both would not be a good option. I appreciate that. A lot of people would have just made it and shipped it, and I may have not been very happy with it. So I am thankful I ordered it from here. :) Thank again, and I look forward to receiving my belt.

Got it in the mail yesterday! nanner Very nice belt! Just wondering how to put a different buckle on it, though. The escutcheons that are bolted on just spin when I try to unscrew them. Not sure how to hold it, and unscrew it, without marring the belt. Any tips? :confused:

Riverpigusmc
03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Mine didn't spin..are you loosening them from the back? They are Chicago fasteners...unscrew from the back. In fact, I put a drop of PURPLE threadlocker on mine to hold them in place. I gotta order a black belt from Al soon

Big Smoke
03-18-2013, 01:35 PM
I was holding it with my thumb as I tried to unscrew it, but it just spins. I can't put enough pressure to keep it from spinning with my hands. I'll have to try something else. I'll get it, though. I'm determined. :)

The buckle I want to put on it is a very special one. It was made by my great-Uncle, who gave it to my dad, who left it to me when he passed away. My great-Uncle was a welder, and he only made 7 of these, one of which was presented to President George H.W. Bush in the early '90's. It's a beautiful buckle, and would look awesome on this belt. It's been put away for over 15 years now.

Big Smoke
04-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Can I ask what size these fasteners are? I found a place that sells them, and I want to buy some replacements in case I mess these up. I'm thinking the only way to get these off is to cut them, and put in new ones. They are cheap enough, so it's no big deal, but there are so many sizes, I'm not sure which ones to order.

ABC3
04-07-2013, 02:09 PM
The Chicago Screws are 1/4" long and the new shippment we got in are giving us fits. We do tighten them down as tight as we can get them, so they won't back out but these, once tightened, are almost impossible to remove.

Rather than taking a chance on messing up the belt why don't we just make you a new one and leave the buckle off. Let us know.

Big Smoke
04-08-2013, 11:20 PM
That sounds great, but if there's a safe way to cut these and put in new ones, I'd be perfectly happy. If not, I'll take you up on your very generous offer.

ABC3
04-09-2013, 06:41 AM
We have taken a dremel with a flat disk blade - ( any Hardware store has them) and on the front of the slick side of the screw very carefully cut a notch in the Chicago Screw, just enough to get a flat head screw driver in. Now you have two slotted screws that you can use, and that might do the trick.

Big Smoke
04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Good tip. I have a dremel, and the disc of which you speak, so I'll give it a shot. I hope my hand is as steady as it used to be. ;) I'll give it a try this evening after work.
Thanks for the tip.

Big Smoke
04-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Just an FYI~ I wasn't able to get to it until today, but it worked like a charm. I cut a slot in the head, and was able to put a screwdriver in both ends, allowing it to come free. Thanks for the screws. Looks good as new! :)

Riverpigusmc
04-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Al is a champ.