PDA

View Full Version : M&P Shield 9mm for the wifey

skosh69
07-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Was with the wife at Wally World yesterday and got bored....you can only look at so many funny dressed, in-breds in one day. Yes, the Wally Worlds in California are no different than anywhere else in the USA.

Anyway, we were planning to hit the LGS after we left WW, but she said why don't you go now while I'm still shopping...big mistake!

So I go to the LGS and I"m browsing the cases for compact 9's. I'd been picking Ed's ( USPSA Shooter ) brain about S/A XD's and S&W M&P's lately and then I saw the new S&W M&P 9mm Shield. I had been planning on getting the DW Guardian 9mm, but came to my senses and couldn't justify the nearly $1700 to bring one into Cali, so a "plastic gun" became the substitute!

As soon as I picked it up, I couldn't put it down, literally I held it for almost 10 minutes-racking it, dry firing it, etc. and I knew I had to have it. It just felt right and the trigger pull feels lighter than the 6.5" advertised on the S&W website.

Best part, when I go back to WW to pick up my wife, she ask's me "what'd you buy?", all I could do is smile. She asked again and again all I could do is smile...so she said ok and left it alone. We got out to the car and she's looking around to see what I bought, so then I said look in the glove box ( receipt ) and she's like you did what? Her next words were, "well good for you, you've been working so hard lately and you deserve it!". Man I love my wife! I told her it wasn't just for me, but for her also...what a suck asssss!

So in 10 days, the wifey will have another pistola....hahahaha My logic is if this one is for her, I can still buy another later!

Here's a stock photo for now....

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/skosh1/mpshield.jpg

ColMike
07-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Was at my LGS yesterday and saw the new S&W M&P 9mm Shield. As soon as I picked it up, I couldn't put it down and I knew I had to have it. It just felt right and the trigger pull feels lighter than the 6.5" advertised on the S&W website.

So in 10 days, the wifey will have another pistola....hahahaha

Congratulations to the woman of the house.

Riverpigusmc
07-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Lucky I don't email the girl and tell her to take your DW and you can keep the Tupperware:eek:

Good score brudder

Hoss in IL
07-29-2012, 01:50 PM
ellison, you picked a good one, wife and pistol!

We have all kinds of compact and sub compact 9mm's come through the gun store where I work. Of course, I mess with all of them see which ones I like the "best".

I think the Sheild, both 9mm and .40S&W, beats all of the others. They have MUCH better triggers than the LC9 and the Shield's thumb safety is more user friendly. The one on the LC9 switches off ok but is a little cumbersome to switch it up into "safe". It's made in America (so is the Ruger), which beats the XD and XDS, for me.

I shot a customer's 9mm shield and really liked it. I'm sure I'll end up buying one for my wife since she likes her S&W M&P 9c so much, the Shield will be much easier for her to conceal. They don't stay in the display case more than 4 or 5 days, somebody comes in, looks at them, and buys them.

You won't regret the purchase.

Take care

AutoMag
07-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Very nice Ellison, congrats!!!:)

MPrimo
07-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Very cool! If I could find one around here, I would buy one too!

skosh69
07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks for all the positive replies my brothers!

Terry, your informative details about the Shield make me even more confident in my purchase!