PDA

View Full Version : TFO opinions ...

DirtyPipes
07-30-2012, 07:45 PM
I have a Gen3 Glock 23(2000) with night sights(3 green dots) that are beginning to expire, I can still see them but just not as bright as they should be ... about half as bright as my P238 night sights(with front TFO) that I recently purchased.

I figure that I still have some time left before they get really dim and thought I'd better start looking so I know what I want when the time comes.

I like the front TFO on my P238 but have not fired any handgun with the complete TFO setup so I'm looking for some opinions and possible other night sight options that any of you have used and LIKED !

Can you help a (COTEP)brother out ? :o

Hoss in IL
07-30-2012, 10:09 PM
My CBOB has Trijicon sights, yellow front and green dots in the back. I like them ok. Really makes it easy to see which way the pistol is oriented on the night stand. I guess if you dropped the pistol in the dark and didn't have a flashlight, you could find it easier too.

Trijicon (I only know because we have a couple of sets for Glocks on the shelf where I work), Kimpro (don't know if they use obscure dovetail cuts),and meprolight are the only ones that come to mind right now. There are probably more options.

Good luck.

Sheepdog
07-30-2012, 10:38 PM
My favorite is this Dave Severns gold dot, i use it with black rear sights. That big dot is hard to miss.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af142/swe1233/SEVERNS%20CUSTOM/_DSC4648.jpg

Hoss in IL
07-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Oh, hell Scott, I agree. Gold bead For The Win!! I've got SDM gold beads on two pistols and they're grrrrrrrrreat (Tony the Tiger). I thought he was asking about different tritium options.

ETA: I think you were just wanting a reason to post a picture of that sweet front sight. :D

DirtyPipes
08-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Yeah, Hoss is right. I am looking for Tritium but that is one HUGE gold dot Sheepdog ... something to think about.

My wife has a G26 and never really could see the stock sights very well. Her TFO replacement sights arrived today, so once they're installed I'll make a range trip to see how we both like them.

BTW ... I do have several different night sights on various weapons(Hoss ... yellow/green on my CCO being one of them) but the TFO's caught my eye as they seem to be the brightest sight for daylight/lowlight conditions.

Appreciate the suggestions guys !

Matt

DaFadda
08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Seriously... when the sights begin to go, its time to get rid of the gun. It's a Glock anyways... so no one here will really want it. Except me. You should send the entire gun to ME. Free of charge. Because I like you, I"ll even pay the shipping charges.

Trust me... I know what to do with it, While it may take some getting used to.... I will take it upon myself to see that your Glock is cared for in its old age. I promise, there will be no charge to you for me to take this aging relic off your hands.

With the extra room in your safe, you could purchase a new HiPoint 40 caliber.... or for just a few hundred more, you could get a new Springer XDm.

Just willing to help another Cotepian where ever I can. If you can stop laughing long enough to respond.... Just send me a private Message and I'll provide the address to mail your Glock to.

ROFLMBO
DaFadda

Jdl2
08-12-2012, 11:58 PM
I have swapped out my night sights on both my G19 and G23 with Large Dot XS night sights. Love them! Target acquisition is greatly enhanced. Another option worth considering.
Jim