PDA

View Full Version : Fun times...

Lane
05-13-2011, 02:09 AM
...not.

The last two weeks I've been spending most of my time cleaning out my parent's house so that we can get it on the market and get it sold. I've been dreading having to do this since my Mom died 2 1/2 years ago. Not only is it a difficult chore just from the amount of stuff that we have to go through (and my Mom didn't have that much) but it's emotionally draining as well. And, on top of it all, we need to deal with nieces who've decided to take stuff without asking... :(

Anyway, we're almost done, and have a potential buyer, so hopefully I can get back to business on the holsters and belts.

Lane

Grouse
05-13-2011, 07:55 AM
my sympathies. My wifes parents collect everything. Not in a hoarding way, but collect as in a passion. we are dreading that day. just dreading it.

Horse'nround
05-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Lane,

I feel for Ya! You take all the time you need to get the job done, and take a few days after to shake it off a bit. It's the 1 job in life that messes with you all levels no matter how you come at it. It's hard enough even when the family can come together to help, but it just sucks when some don't want to play fair!

Hang in there Bud, we'll pray for Ya!:cool:

tubbs
05-13-2011, 11:44 AM
I hope things get better Lane. I know how hard things like this can be.

NAMVET72
05-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Lane,
My thoughts are with you, and keep your head up and things will turn out right for you.........

Clyde

jmlutz
05-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Good luck Lane, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Daedalus
05-13-2011, 07:33 PM
As with others - been there, have that T-shirt.

So far as the relatives - if you don't want it yourself let them have it. It may grate on you now but in the long run it's just not worth the battle. It never ceases to amaze me how little honor and respect are displayed by some I thought were OK folks.

Priorities, Lane, priorities.

-Jack

PS: I feel sorry for my kids when the time comes: my wife has suddenly become a world-class 'keeper of everything'. Yet another battle I have decided I don't need to win!

dsparkie
05-13-2011, 11:23 PM
There is nothing anybody can say or do, that will make your job any easier! Wish we could! But you will be in our prayers!!!!

Lane
05-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. After re-reading my OP, I realize that I sounded a bit whiney... I was tired. :) It's not really that bad, and it'll soon be over. I did bring home my Dad's .22 bolt action rifle - the first real gun that I ever shot. It's one that his dad gave him. Pretty cool.

The sad thing is, we can't find his .30-30 Winchester. It was his as a boy, and each of me and my brothers took our first deer with it - sort of a right of passage. I don't think it's been taken, my Dad had Alzheimers, and got pretty bad at the end and started hiding stuff. He was sure that "some punk" was taking stuff. I really hope we can find it before the house sells (it's the only thing of my Dads that my older brother really wants)

Anyway, thanks guys. It's nice to have my COTEP brothers around to support me. :lama:

Lane

titanse05
05-16-2011, 11:58 AM
That's a tough thing to have to go thru but it will be alright. Hope you find that .30-30.......I can only imagine where he might of hid it.

Sheepdog
05-21-2011, 11:45 AM
My prayers are with you.