PDA

View Full Version : DW Valor replacement sights

Jeeves
08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried to replace the Heinie Ledge sights on their Valor? I don't really like the straight 8 setup and decided to get some Novak style sights. Took it to my local gun smith who has been struggling to find anything that actually fits. He's tried meprolights, trijicon's etc all with no luck. He even managed to get some from DW which also didn't fit!!

Any hints or suggestions would be really good as its been a few weeks since I've seen my Valor!!

Sheepdog
08-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Try the Henie website. They have other styles other than straight 8. I think they are the ultra low ledge.

Jeeves
08-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks Sheepdog.

I had looked at the 3D version already but as a last resort, the Heinie night sights I don't feel are the best out there. The original that came with the Valor where not very bright in the dark, especially when I compared them to my Sig and Meprolight tru dots.

Just wondering if anyone had found any Novak style ones that do fit.

Sheepdog
08-21-2012, 03:33 PM
The other place you ma try is Champion. Allot of companies tat were using Novak are now using Champion. I have several sets I have been very happy with.

Jeeves
09-19-2012, 02:01 AM
Ok just to give an update on replacing DW sights, as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of info out there.
In my original post I mentioned that my gunsmith had tried DW sights, there was some confusion here and that was not the case. He had tried Trijicon, Meprolights and one other, not sure of brand, but none of these fit the DW cut. All of them seemed too small even though the original Heinie is supposed to be a standard Novak cut.
In the end we finally managed to get hold of DW and they supplied the sights which, as you would hope, did actually fit.
Hope this helps anyone trying to replace the sights on their DW. Also if you try to call DW, try early in the morning as they dont seem to answer the phone for the rest of the day. If that fails go to their Facebook page and post a comment, CZ-USA will pick up on it and provide assitance.

Grizzman
09-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Can you provide some further information regarding the DW night sights that fit? A part number would be very cool.

I also greatly prefer a three dot setup.

Thanks.

Grizz

SCORPIO
12-13-2012, 06:06 PM
My Valor came with Tirjicon sights, at least thats what it says on the rear sights, fronts are tritium so I assume Trijicon also.

BigAm
12-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Anything other than Mepro light is probably going to be trijicon. I think that Mepro makes a rear sight that will fit in your Valor, but as far as a front sight you SOL. Have you ever thought about getting a 10-8 rear sight? I love the plain black sight instead of the dot rear sights. Helps me focus on the front sight more. Just a thought. Also any Novaks you get are gonna have the same brightness as the Hienie sights. Just the way Trijicon is. I wish more manufacturers would get onboard with Mepro light like Sig and Kimber have.