PDA

View Full Version : finish holding up?

CalWhit33
05-16-2011, 02:25 PM
I really want a stainless VBob but have heard stories of the finish not lasting with use. While I bet the duty coat is great I dont want another black gun. I really want a stainless. Does anyone have a stainless VBob with some serious use that can chime in about the finish and how it holds up? It will be a shooter but also want a purddy gun to look at thanks guys.

orrwdd
05-16-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't have an all stainless gun but you can get one and if the scratches get too bad have it Hard Chromed. I hear that finish is very durable.

Bill

Hail Caesar
05-16-2011, 05:17 PM
It's just a bead blast finish, it will show wear...if you actually use it. Great thing about it if you want to touch it up you can buy one of those 100 dollar blast kits and touch get her pretty again. But a gun is supposed to get used and any finish or treatment will show usage.

Ever see a carpenters hammer?? Does it look brand new after years of use.

CalWhit33
05-16-2011, 06:12 PM
I would plan it to be my main shooter, and love the worn look of a blued gun just wasnt sure if the stainless would wear the same way. Just didnt want it to look abused from simple shooting. The more I think about it the more I really want it.

Lane
05-16-2011, 06:24 PM
I've had my stainless CBOB for almost 2 years and other than a scratch or two (one of the idiot variety), it's not showing any wear - from daily carry or being used for the occasional holster mold.

Lane

titanse05
05-16-2011, 09:19 PM
HC said it well, if its going to be carried it will show wear. Although I have heard that Hard Hat and DW's new Duty Coat show little to no wear with daily carry. After another couple hundred test rounds my new CCO will be replacing my CBOB as my daily carry piece and will be curious to see how it wears (or doesn't).