PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 Glock 21 in 45ACP

sdmc530
10-02-2012, 08:07 PM
After a long day at the hospital today my wife though enough of me to send me to the range do relieve some stress so I thought I would do my range report for my new Gen4 Glock 21 in 45ACP

So you know if you would purchase this gun you would not get the three mags, that is a LEO deal. Nor will you get the armors tool. But you would get the loader and two mags. You will now get the interchangeable back straps like the XD's have a really nice feature. The pin that holds it in seems weak to me but will see if it holds up.

This by the far the biggest Glock I think you will find. This is a gun I would never carry but is a riot to shoot. Shoots very well, You can see in photo 2 that the first mag was pretty good at 13 yards. The mags are supposed to hold 13 rounds but I could only squeeze in 12 but when the spring looses up a bit I am sure the 13th will fit. I was easy on recoil and had good sight re-alignment for a 45. The mag release is now reversable from right to left handed people but I am hesitant to do this on one gun and not be able to apply to all my guns so I will leave it even though I am a lefty.

Hits:
Feels good in your hand, I have bigger hands and was easy to grip and hold. the Gen4 has a different pimple pattern on the grip. Cycled very well but all Glocks do. The sights are excellent and easy to find during drills. Nice to shoot. New manual is better than the old, color pics and better instructions not that anyone reads a dang manual.

Misses:
When shooting 230gn rounds the brass flew off the right just fine but when I tried some lighter reloads the brass flew very softly and some landed back on you. It seems to have a very stiff spring on needs heavy loads. No load under 200 grain could move the brass that well. It never FTF or jammed but seemed a bit lagged. Its really a big sized gun. This could be a pro or a con.

Sooo:
I really like it, this my second Glock and this is a better shooting gun compared to my Glock 23 but you could never carry this like the Glock 23. A true fun gun and shoots well. I got it at a pretty good deal so I like that well. Paid $399 before taxes....Like I said I got it through a LEO supply company.

I know...its still a Glock!!!!

skosh69
10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Good for you Phil. Great report also. Hope your son continues to get better.

sdmc530
10-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks doing good dr did good kiddo is well tonight