PDA

View Full Version : 10mm magazines, flat or round follower issue

dwsmithjr
10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I have a CBOB purchased used which I understand had work done by Severn's Custom, mostly reliability but also the slide catch.

The gun runs fine with Shooting Star, Tripp Research Cobra mags and Metalform mags which are the ones with which it came. However, the slide will not lock back on the last round with either the Shooting Star or Tripp Research mags, both of which have flat followers. It will not lock back either by hand or while shooting. On occasion it will lock back while shooting with the Tripp Research mags, only rarely.

The Metalform are fine; run fine, lock back every time.

So, what is the issue if it might be called an issue? Does the follower sharp have anything to do with this? Has anyone else had similar issues with with the CZ CBOB or other 10mm gun?

Thanks

douglas_knott
10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
I haven't had any issues with my 10.

BadOscar
10-08-2012, 12:45 AM
I don't have issues but I only use Metalforms with the round metal followers in my 10mm's.

dwsmithjr
10-08-2012, 08:17 AM
I haven't had any issues with my 10.

Have you used the flat followers? What magazines do you use?

dwsmithjr
10-08-2012, 08:21 AM
The spring tension on the magazines doesn't seem to be the problem. The follower seems to be contacting the slide catch, although it's hard to tell. Perhaps it's not really engaging it.

I'll probably have someone look at it.

Sheepdog
10-08-2012, 04:51 PM
I have never had any problems with mine. I shoot mostly Metalform in 10mm because i got a great deal on some from CZ-USA. Range mags. I use all kinds mostly Tripp.