PDA

View Full Version : Getting into reloading

Deleted
11-11-2012, 01:55 AM
So today I picked up my first Reloader.

Got a Lee Classic 4 hole Turret press with auto index,and some other goodies.

also picked up a Carbide die set for 9mm now to get some powder and i'll be set up.

Pics to come as soon as it is set up

douglas_knott
11-11-2012, 03:28 AM
Congrats Ed... Learn from Ellison's mistakes please..... Lol.

SCORPIO
11-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Sounds like a nice setup. I use a Dillon XL 650 and these progressive presses are great, high quality ammo and high volume speed. Lots of fun too.
Somebody want to explain the digs about someones mistakes I keep seeing?
Did somebody make something go BOOM?

Boats
11-11-2012, 07:21 AM
So today I picked up my first Reloader.

Got a Lee Classic 4 hole Turret press with auto index,and some other goodies.

also picked up a Carbide die set for 9mm now to get some powder and i'll be set up.

Pics to come as soon as it is set up

Congrats! Now you've got another expensive hobby :)

Don't expect to save a lot of money, but I bet it allows you to shoot more.

Like you, I started out with 9mm, and now have lots of supplies for 9mm, .45, .223, and .308.

When I'm not shooting, reloading keeps me busy!

Bet you'll be the same soon. Enjoy it!

SCORPIO
11-11-2012, 08:34 AM
I got into reloading not so much for cost savings as its the only way I can get ammo for my wildcat cartridges. I have always liked obscure things and wildcats fit that mold well and are some of my favorite calibers to shoot. I currently load 357 Supermag, 375 Supermag, 445 Supermag, and soon adding 414 Supermag. I also load 32-20, not a wildcat but not super popular either. Also do 41 mag as none of the stores around me ever carries ammo in stock and I love shooting 41. I also load the run of the mill stuff like 380, 9mm, 357mag, 10mm/40S&W and 44mag. Soon adding 223 as well.
Its a fun way to spend winter evenings in the loading room.

Riverpigusmc
11-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Sounds like a nice setup. I use a Dillon XL 650 and these progressive presses are great, high quality ammo and high volume speed. Lots of fun too.
Somebody want to explain the digs about someones mistakes I keep seeing?
Did somebody make something go BOOM?

Nope...more like a "poot" Squibs McNubs , also known as E llison, our Filipino reloading master :D

We love him:p

Deleted
11-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Here it is.
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx22/springfield45/100_0968.jpg

NAMVET72
11-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Good Job Ed, now you need to Learn how to hoard bullets, and brass. Yes, sometimes it can be expensive. But it will let you work up your own load for your guns. Remember these words, Read The Instruction Manual, Measure everything until you get it down pretty good. Then just measure every couple rounds.

Clyde

Deleted
11-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Good Job Ed, now you need to Learn how to hoard bullets, and brass. Yes, sometimes it can be expensive. But it will let you work up your own load for your guns. Remember these words, Read The Instruction Manual, Measure everything until you get it down pretty good. Then just measure every couple rounds.

Clyde

Thanks Clyde, I have over 1,500 pieces of brass and 200-300 115 gr round nose bullets thanks to my COTEP brothers. 300 primers.

Lacking in the powder but will get some soon, I'm going with a 148gr molly bullet for competition and can get for $88 per 1k.

Not getting onto a rush will take my time and make sure everything is right, so some of you experts may get a few PM's from me.

and yes if i mess up i will post it here if my brudder Ellison can handle the Smokeing then so can I.

Sheepdog
11-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Looks good Ed. You really do need a bigger hammer. WHat are the mollys you are shooting?

Deleted
11-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Looks good Ed. You really do need a bigger hammer. WHat are the mollys you are shooting?

Yes Scott a bigger hammer is in order.

Going with Black Bullet International 148gr

AutoMag
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Very nice set-up Ed!!!:)

Watch out when Clyde gives advice on reloading.........after all he is still using his Fisher Price reloading set!!!!!:D:D

Deleted
11-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Very nice set-up Ed!!!:)

Watch out when Clyde gives advice on reloading.........after all he is still using his Fisher Price reloading set!!!!!:D:D

That's a good one John, But I thought his reloading was picking up a rock for his Sling Shot?

AutoMag
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Funny Ed!!!

But I think it was a sling just like David used to slay Goliath!!! Heck, they might have used the same one!!!!

skosh69
11-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Looking good brother!

DaFadda
11-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Nice setup ed.do u also shoot 45?

TBerger27
11-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Check out bayou bullets. You may be able to get some 147grn moly bulleys at a better price... they are right in my neck of the woods and make a lot of shooters happy.. congrats on the loading setup!

Deleted
11-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Nice setup ed.do u also shoot 45?

Yes I do shoot .45 will start reloading for that and .223 in the near future.

TBerger27 Check out bayou bullets. You may be able to get some 147grn moly bulleys at a better price... they are right in my neck of the woods and make a lot of shooters happy.. congrats on the loading setup!

Thanks !! Bayou Bullets was another choice to go with.

DaFadda
11-15-2012, 05:46 AM

Clyde

Good choices Ed. Take a look at my setup for the same machine. I have several posts in the reloading section. I use the turret for batch production. Explanations are in the posts and pictures. ANY questions about what I do.... please send a PM and I'll walk you through my process. You will develop yours as you go along.

Horading bullets and brass? I'm told I'm a Master at that. I can even give you indoor range tricks for ranges that don't really like you to scrounge. Think the large Midway Range bag with the removal insert bag..... Pull the insert, dump brass, put insert back in.... almost like being "Bond.... James Bond."..... lol

KeystoneWeaponBK
12-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Ed, that's exactly what I started on... It's a great reloader for New and experienced loaders alike which is why I still have it! I have made a zillion 9's 45's and 38's on that little baby and it keeps on ticking... In fact I even made a pedestal so I could take it to the range when I wanted to fuss with tweaking reloads :) hope all is working well, if not just email Lee, their support is awesome if you ever break anything!