PDA

View Full Version : ECO vs CCO?

SCORPIO
11-14-2012, 07:58 PM
What are the main differences between these two guns? Any advantage to one or the other? I'm looking for a carry gun and was thinking of a CCO but I see more ECOs for sale and similar in price.

SCORPIO
11-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Should have said, I already know the ECO is a shorter barrel (3.5") than the CCO (4.5"). Besides the obvious size difference, are there any advantages/disadvantages to either?
Right now I'm leaning towards an ECO based only on its smaller size.

Grizzman
11-14-2012, 11:56 PM
One difference is that the CCO has a mild chain link texture on the front strap and MSH, while the ECO has 25 LPI checkering.

Another difference is that the CCO has Novak-style three dot night sights, while the ECO has Heinie Ledge Straight-8 two dot sights.

One more difference is that the CCO uses a standard GI guide rod and barrel bushing setup, while the ECO has a bull barrel and full lenght guide rod.

I'm sure there are more, but these seemed to be the biggest differences I can think of at the moment. I really don't consider any of these differences to be definite advantages in favor of either pistol....merely differences that may be either an advantage or disadvantage on personal preferences.

I just thought of one more, that's not overly important, at least to me. The top of the ECO's slide incorporates a rib.

Grizz

Brandana
11-15-2012, 10:39 PM
I have both and new to DW. My only prior experience is full size 1911's and certianly not an expert. The ECO is more comfortable to carry by a small margin and I am leaning more towards the strait eight sights. Maybe after a few hundred more rounds I will have a favorite, but not yet. The thicker CCO grips feel better and has a little less recoil. The ECO grips feel too thin for me and an easy fix. With the same grip they are very similar and the triggers are identical. They are both keepers. It would be hard to buy the CCO and not end up with both, unless you just don't like the shorter barrel. I bought the CCO first but could not resist adding the ECO after reading so much about it. Also use the same iwb holster for both. It would help if you could handle each first. No lgs in my area stock DW's. If I could only have just one, it would be the CCO.

SCORPIO
11-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks, that helps. I was leaning towards a CCO and I think I'm going to go that route. Besides, I can always get the ECO later.:)

Brandana
12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks, that helps. I was leaning towards a CCO and I think I'm going to go that route. Besides, I can always get the ECO later.:)

Good choice, can't go wrong with the CCO.

Zilmo
12-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I sold my CCO. Not sure what it was, the shorter grip, the balance, or what, but it just didn't suit me. That said, I am considering an ECO in 9mm.

Brandana
12-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Zilmo, just a suggestion, if it felt short try a S&A magwell/msh, adds 1/4". Makes a difference. Also, just tried the Xgrip spacer for an eight round mag for my ECO and CCO which adds 1/2", plus will catch your pinky. Both work well if the grip is too small and hardly has an effect on carry.