PDA

View Full Version : Sig Traditional Compact

Brandana
11-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I have ordered a Sig Traditional Compact SS. It was one of the few all stainless CCO's I could find. Does anyone have one of these models? I plan to use it mostly as a range and truck gun, not as a carry piece. Planning on putting a magwell msh and new grips, plus removing the fpb. This is my first Sig, any suggestions?

Razorwire
11-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Just one question: Why a compact for a range gun? I understand the part about a compact as a truck gun. My "truck gun" is a Mattel, or Wham-O, or Glock, yeah thats it, Glock. Just don't feel like throwing my Sigs or DW on the seat of the truck and heading out.

Boats
11-21-2012, 08:49 AM
So I have their Carry (commander sized) model. Also all SS, though finished with their Nitron coating so looks black.

It's about as tight, reliable, and accurate a gun I have seen at the price point.

I carry it sometimes, like today. The only thing I have done to it is change the grips and better polish the feed ramps. It reliably feeds anything I load up, including hand loaded JHPs. Trigger is awesome right out of the box.

I bet you'll be happy with that pistol!

Boats

Brandana
11-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Just one question: Why a compact for a range gun? I understand the part about a compact as a truck gun. My "truck gun" is a Mattel, or Wham-O, or Glock, yeah thats it, Glock. Just don't feel like throwing my Sigs or DW on the seat of the truck and heading out.

I have two government Models and they are great for the range and for some reason have not bought a Commander, yet. Since buying a DW CCO it has become my favorite 1911. I bought the all stainless Sig because it is heavier and adding a magwell will extend the grip about 1/4" which should do well at the range. The alloy CCO's and Officer's are great for carry but too light for extended range shooting. This is something I have been thinking about for awhile, kind of an experiment for me. Besides I needed another shiny BBQ gun and I sold all of my plastic for metal. Well, I do have one plastic rig, a FNP-45 :D , just can't get rid of that big ole 14+1 gal.

Razorwire
11-24-2012, 02:22 PM
I agree. I have more of an attachment towards my metal guns than I do with my plastic ones. I do believe though that the plastic guns serve a purpose. I have actually gotten to the point that I carry my Sig 1911 more than my Glock 27. I only carried my Glock 22s on duty, and of the 4 that I owned, have sold or traded off 3 of them.

Brandana
11-25-2012, 05:51 PM
If I had to carry a duty pistol weight and capacity would be a consideration. Plastic does have a purpose and seems to be dominating the market. My preference for metal started with CZ's in 9mm and has drifted towards the 1911 45's over time. When warm and in shorts and t-shirts my LCP (oops, two plastic guns) is a matter of convenience, but do feel under gunned. Since winter is here I am making a point of carrying my ECO. It is easy to carry, but don't generally need to carry for long periods of time as you. I am curious to see how this Sig CCO carries. Also have a CZ compact 9mm which is comfortable to carry and should weigh about the same as the Sig. Should be picking up the Sig tomorrow and take her to the range later this week.

BadOscar
11-25-2012, 06:46 PM
I have one of the original 2004 DW CCO's that is all Stainless Steel. I shot an alloy CCO just the other day and it makes a big difference, I was actually surprised how much more controlable my all steel CCO is.

Brandana
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
I have one of the original 2004 DW CCO's that is all Stainless Steel. I shot an alloy CCO just the other day and it makes a big difference, I was actually surprised how much more controlable my all steel CCO is.

I'm glad you shared that, just supports my feelings about the allloy frame cco's which are great for carry but not so great if shooting a lot of rounds at the range. Too bad DW doesn't offer both in the cco. The only choice for an all ss cco I could find was Sig and of course Colt if you can find one. I will find out the difference this week.

Brandana
11-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Well, I picked her up yesterday and of course had to strip her down, clean and do a lube job. While apart I had to tweak the grip safety spring because it was loose and had an irritating rattle. The trigger was fairly good at 5.25 lbs. so I tweak it down to about 4.25 lbs. which feels more like my other 1911's. The weight was around 34oz. which is exactly what I wanted. This gal is really tight, took a bit of racking to smooth the action. To my surprise the mags are the same as my DW's, Checkmate 7 rounders, which I already had extra's. The Sig mags are unmarked but have the same patent# on the follower. I'm liking this one already. :D

These are the factory grips.
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y451/jpeale/DSCN3107_zps89ffa433.jpg

These are a set of magwell grips that look good without the magwell. I perfer these style grips on 1911's.
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y451/jpeale/DSCN3108_zps52406676.jpg

The mag on the left is a DW Checkmate and the right is factory Sig. Blurred pic.
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y451/jpeale/DSCN3110_zps9bdc92b3.jpg

Hope to make it to the range this week. :target:

Brandana
12-01-2012, 10:58 PM
My S&A magwell/msh came in today. I'm REALLY liking this CCO now that the grip is 1/4" longer. :D :D :D

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y451/jpeale/DSCN3160_zps5f8e3201.jpg

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y451/jpeale/DSCN3162_zps267800f9.jpg
Thanks to a post on the 1911forum by old-lefty I was able put this together.

Boats
12-02-2012, 08:27 AM
That started out as a good looking pistol, and now it's even better.

Range report? Dirty pictures?

Boats

Brandana
12-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Plan on going to the range this week.
:target:

Brandana
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM

I was able to run four mags thru the Sig cco today without a hitch and it was noticably more controlable than my DW cco. It is definitely a keeper. Exactly what I was hoping for.