PDA

View Full Version : RIA In 10MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AutoMag
11-18-2012, 10:18 AM
OK, for all of you that have been asking for an RIA chambered in 10MM your wish has come true!!!:)nanner

Cheaper Than Dirt will be running a Black Friday deal on the first shipment of the RIA 10MM. I do not know a price point but I am sure that it will be priced well.:)

BRAND: Armscor/Rock Island Armory
NUMBER OF MAGAZINES: 1
MODEL: Rock Island Armory M1911-A1 FS Tactical II
SAFETY: Ambidextrous Thumb, High Sweep Grip
TYPE: Semi-Automatic Pistol
SIGHTS: FRONT- Fiber Optic REAR- Tactical Style Adjustable
CALIBER: 10MM
BARREL LENGTH: 5"
FINISH: Parkerized
OVERALL LENGTH: 8.5"
ACTION: Single Action
STOCK: VZ Grips
CAPACITY: 8+1
FEATURES: Series 70 Type Firing System, Supported Ramp Barrel
FEATURES: Combat Hammer, Skeletonzied Trigger
RECEIVER: Parkerized Steel Frame
_

sdmc530
11-18-2012, 10:38 AM
OK, for all of you that have been asking for an RIA chambered in 10MM your wish has come true!!!:)nanner

Cheaper Than Dirt will be running a Black Friday deal on the first shipment of the RIA 10MM. I do not know a price point but I am sure that it will be priced well.:)

BRAND: Armscor/Rock Island Armory
NUMBER OF MAGAZINES: 1
MODEL: Rock Island Armory M1911-A1 FS Tactical II
SAFETY: Ambidextrous Thumb, High Sweep Grip
TYPE: Semi-Automatic Pistol
SIGHTS: FRONT- Fiber Optic REAR- Tactical Style Adjustable
CALIBER: 10MM
BARREL LENGTH: 5"
FINISH: Parkerized
OVERALL LENGTH: 8.5"
ACTION: Single Action
STOCK: VZ Grips
CAPACITY: 8+1
FEATURES: Series 70 Type Firing System, Supported Ramp Barrel
FEATURES: Combat Hammer, Skeletonzied Trigger
RECEIVER: Parkerized Steel Frame
_

NICE...I do want to get a 10mm...see what the price is though..

Zilmo
11-18-2012, 11:17 PM
I love my DW 10Bob. But if the price is right, I may have to get it a partner.

Sheepdog
11-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Just because it's a 10mm.:D

Olympus
11-19-2012, 10:05 PM
This may make another good "project" gun. Upgrade the sights, some internals, and give it a nice high gloss finish. I think checkering the front strap will be in order also consider the caliber. I can't imagine that the gun will already come checkered.

Zilmo
11-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Any guesses as to cost?

Olympus
11-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Anything under about $900 and they will own the 10mm market probably.

AutoMag
11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
With a MSRP of $701.00 I think they may just have a good run at the big name 10MM 1911's out there.

Olympus
11-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Wonder if I need to be calling Cheaper than Dirt to see if they dealer pricing.

Olympus
11-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey Auto - do you know what happened with these guns? I called the 800 number and was told that if the gun wasn't on the website, it wasn't available. Nobody knew anything about a 10mm RIA. So I did some searching and found another thread on the XDTalk forum about the same thing. Apparently CTD has a rep that is a member there. He confirmed on the forum that the RIA 10mms would only be available at the McKinney TX store on Friday. I talked to an employee at the McKinney store and he said he didn't know anything about any 10mm RIAs. He said he worked all day yesterday (Black Friday) and they did not sell a single 10mm RIA. He said he was not aware that the store ever received any.

Just wondering if you any new information?

AutoMag
11-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Hey Auto - do you know what happened with these guns? I called the 800 number and was told that if the gun wasn't on the website, it wasn't available. Nobody knew anything about a 10mm RIA. So I did some searching and found another thread on the XDTalk forum about the same thing. Apparently CTD has a rep that is a member there. He confirmed on the forum that the RIA 10mms would only be available at the McKinney TX store on Friday. I talked to an employee at the McKinney store and he said he didn't know anything about any 10mm RIAs. He said he worked all day yesterday (Black Friday) and they did not sell a single 10mm RIA. He said he was not aware that the store ever received any.

Just wondering if you any new information?

I got the same info. From what I was told the McKinney store has them, they were delivered about 4:00 Thursday. They may not have received them in time to be logged in for the sale. I am going to call again tomorrow and see what is going on. They might be saving them for the cyber Monday sale. Either way there are a lot of disappointed and agitated people looking for them.

Olympus
11-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Well, now that I have my FFL account set up with a variety of distributors, I see what wholesale cost is going to be. They are not available yet, but I've already got two on my watch list. I will probably hold off and save myself quite a bit of money on one. One for me and one to sell hopefully.

Thanks for the info though!

Dred
11-30-2012, 05:19 AM
They are up on the CTD website. $599!

I'll be a buyer come Feb. That is -- if I don't decide to cancel as for everybody but myself and take a drive to Mckinney on Sunday.

titanse05
11-30-2012, 07:04 AM
I just might buy myself one of these. Hard to resist getting a 10mm for $600. It is a cartridge that I have always wanted to try especially once I started reloading.

Olympus
11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm having a hard time resisting buying from a retailer at that price. But I think I may hold off until one of my distributor gets a shipment and I can save a little more money.

But $600 is a damn good price for a 10mm with a FO front sight.

AutoMag
11-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm having a hard time resisting buying from a retailer at that price. But I think I may hold off until one of my distributor gets a shipment and I can save a little more money.

But $600 is a damn good price for a 10mm with a FO front sight.

Yes indeed...........you will not find any in my opinion that are better for that price!!!:) But then again that is just my opinion.........:D

Olympus
12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
I just can't seem to make up my mind on this gun. Just about the time I'm ready to buy it, I start talking myself out of it. I went to Midway's website last night and just started adding up all the parts I'd want replaced on the gun. And even with my FFL discount, I was at $200 in aftermarket parts. Not counting the cost for gunsmithing. So call it $100 to fit and install all the parts I want replaced. $600 for the gun, $200, for parts, and $100 for labor and I would have $900 in the whole thing. It would just be too hard for me to just shoot the gun like it is. Too many things I would want changed.