PDA

View Full Version : Cotep/Calguns meet and shoot

skosh69
12-02-2012, 05:29 PM
So a few brave souls from around the bay area braved the monsoon like weather this morning and met up at USI in Concord. It wasn't really that bad, but it was a bit nasty.

One member decided that it wasn't worth it and left before the festivities began. Jim was excused because he said that he'd spent enough time shooting in the this kinda hell in Vietnam. That my friends is definetly reason to be excused.

Here is what part of the range looked like:

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/skosh1/calgunsshoot001.jpg

The five of us that stayed were from left to right: Mitch aka Chiselchst, Ivan aka Ivanimal, John aka dunndeal, Brian aka bubkus and me, Ellison.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/skosh1/calgunsshoot008.jpg

Plenty of guns were to be shared amongst the 5 brave souls. There was representation from Glock, Bersa, Springfield Armory, Dan Wesson, Colt, S&W and Kimber.

Ivan brought out his new Glock 10 mm (G20?) and it was my first time shooting both a Glock and a 10mm. YES I SHOT A GLOCK, hehehe. Let's just say I was impressed and now a 10mm is on my want list. Everyone else that shot it felt the same. Everyone walked away saying WOW and DAYUM, that thing had some PUNCH!!!

Other highlights were Mitch's S/A FBI Pro and his Dan Wesson PM7 that was customized by the one and only Dave Severns of www.severnscustom.com. Both of these guns are accurate as all hay'll. Crisp, clean and smooooooth is all I can say. Thanks for bringing these Mitch.

The S&W M&P Shield was a hit. Everyone that shot it, including the RO's loved it. I'm so glad I bought it. I guess good things do come in small packages!

The Colt Python 357's, one blued and one SS were fun to shoot. A lot of punch in those 4"ers!

Here is a pic of some of Mitch's handiwork. I think I had a few shots in the too, hehehehe.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/skosh1/calgunsshoot009.jpg

All in all, these guys that shot together this morning are a fine bunch of fellows that I would loved to get together again with soon. Thanks again for braving the weather and sharing your guns!

Also, a big thanks to Mitch for organizing this meet & shoot and also for all your brass. I love shooting with guys that don't reload!!!!

NAMVET72
12-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Very Good Range Report Ellison.

One question though did you invite them to Join our Fourm the ones who aren't members yet????????????????

Clyde

Roverron
12-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Nice, Ell!

Riverpigusmc
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Ivan looks like he wants to tear someones head off and sh** down their neck. I like that. Was he in the Corps? :D

Glad ya had a good time

Sheepdog
12-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Where is your target? Did you shoot the plastic gun in the rain? Any squibs?

sdmc530
12-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Where is your target? Did you shoot the plastic gun in the rain? Any squibs?

Any squibs funny

AutoMag
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Cool Ellison........it looks like you all had a great time!!!:)

Heck, the weather does not bother me..........I have shot and been in worst scenarios than a little rain in my time!!!:D

JimF4M1s
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Xxxxx

Deleted
12-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for Sharing Ell...Looks like you guys had fun.

Real men do shoot i the rain.. So why was you there Brass Boy.:D

DaFadda
12-02-2012, 08:51 PM
did you bring your Christmas pen Ellison??

girphoto
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Very nice report...Happy to see someone else posting reports in the section.

Gary

Snipersnest
12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Looks like a great time was had by all!