PDA

View Full Version : No S&W sub forum so I'll post here!

BigAm
12-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Had a major impulse buy today. Saw this gem sitting at a LGS, and I couldn't let it sit any longer. Even worse the worker told me someone traded her in on a glock! A GLOCK?! Such a heart wrenching story had to have a good ending. So I decided to be this lil orphans Daddy Warbucks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/dentonadam/Guns/swpro9mm2.jpeg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/dentonadam/Guns/swpro9mm1-1.jpg

Pro Series 9mm that I added 10-8 18lpi black and grey grips too.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm going tomorrow! This might be the first gun I name...If I do, its going to be Annie...maybe I should get some red grips for it then?

douglas_knott
12-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Beautiful pistol.

NAMVET72
12-13-2012, 06:41 PM
That is a Pretty looking S&W, let us know how it shoots,

Clyde

BigAm
12-13-2012, 07:37 PM
I will for sure. I'm very stoked. This has been one of my "grail guns" for a long time. I'm gonna go run it hard tomorrow and see how it stacks up, and I'll do a detailed range report some other time as well.

Boats
12-13-2012, 07:38 PM
That is a Pretty looking S&W, let us know how she shoots,

Clyde

Fixed it for you, Doc!

Boats

AutoMag
12-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Very nice BigAm!!!:)

Someone traded it in for a Glock...................well I can say that you got the best deal on that trade!!!:)

Zilmo
12-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Great looking Smith.

BigAm
12-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Very nice BigAm!!!:)

Someone traded it in for a Glock...................well I can say that you got the best deal on that trade!!!:)

Boy did I. I told the guy he had better have got at least two glocks for that trade. Oh well. His loss my gain.

Roverron
12-14-2012, 04:42 AM
Nice lookin' Smith!

Grouse
12-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Nice lookin piece. I checked in with a LGS and they are having handguns dumped for ar15's. Interesting.. but hey

Riverpigusmc
12-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Nice. That should have been a down payment on owning the Glock FACTORY

Snipersnest
12-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Nice!

BigAm
12-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Well I found out why it got traded, but the guy is still a goofball for doing it.

It has absolutely ZERO extractor tension at all. Rounds are not even loosely held the breach face. They aren't held to it at all!

Lucky for me this is an external extractor gun. Should be an easy fix if something wasn't drilled out of spec or something like that.

Todays range trip was a little disappointing, but holy crap does this gun shot soft and accurate. Even going fast at 7 yards me, and a friend managed to make a nice ragged hole after a bit with the random flyer here and there.

Extractor be dammed! This gun is gonna run! someday...

KeystoneWeaponBK
12-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Very nice looking pistol and I really like your grips, makes it look quite elegant... looking forward to your "after you work the bugs out" range report!

BigAm
12-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Thank you. I was really pleased with the way the grips looked on the pistol as well. Also if you haven't ever used the 10-8 grips before, they are very very tacky as far as grip goes, and the scoop makes mag changes beyond easy!

They are made custom for 10-8 by VZ. They even say VZ custom on the back of them along with the 10-8 stamp. Im considering getting some of the 10-8 smith and wesson 1911 U notch sights for that gun as well.

As far as accuracy goes I can comment on that right now. This thing is TIGHT. Even with fast shooting and not really taking my time I managed to make about a 2 1/2" ragged hole at 7 yards with the random flyer here and here. I can only imagine that resting it will make very tight groups all the way out to 25. Beyond stoked for my purchase! Not to work out the demons!