PDA

View Full Version : Sig C3

DrHenley
01-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, any opinions on the Sig C3?

Two tone, alloy frame, 4" barrel.

I like the balance, but the trigger seems a bit creepy. I thought Sigs were supposed to have great triggers....

douglas_knott
01-12-2013, 10:42 PM
I have never owned a Sig but hopefully someone can chime in.

ColMike
01-13-2013, 06:31 AM
I don'thave that model but do have a sig 380 BUG which is a wellput together weaponand I have had no
issueswith it shootsgreat,reliable.

Razorwire
01-13-2013, 09:27 AM
I have the SIG 1911 Ultra two tone, and it has become my EDC. I would not change the trigger on this one for anything, crisp, breaks clean. One of my better shooters.

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii634/oldcav1sg/fb69a9b4.jpg[

DrHenley
01-13-2013, 10:53 AM
I know some people don't like external extractors, but I have to wonder whether that is because of Kimber's botched attempt at external extractors. I have the utmost confidence in the external extractor on my DW Panther. I've only read good things about Sig's extractor.

Deleted
01-13-2013, 01:28 PM
All I want to know is where have you been ?

Hadn't seen you on here or at any IDPA matches lately.

Olympus
01-13-2013, 05:34 PM
My brother bought the C3 last fall and I've been extremely impressed with the quality of the gun. I've spent a good deal of time shooting it and it's been equally as impressive. I would HIGHLY recommend the C3.

DrHenley
01-14-2013, 06:09 PM
All I want to know is where have you been ?

Hadn't seen you on here or at any IDPA matches lately.

The last rimfire match I was in, they were still allowing centerfires but I had brought earmuffs that were for shooting rimfire and didn't have nearly enough noise reduction for centerfire. A couple of guys were shooting 40 S&W's under the roof and my ears are still ringing. I laid off a while hoping my ears would get better.

I've hardly shot anything since, just a few rounds to sight in my deer rifle.

Boats
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
I've got a Sig Carry 1911 with about 2000 rounds through it and never had a problem. It's my daily carry and is accurate and reliable. For the $$, Sig puts a lot of extras in their pistols.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat, and as a matter of fact, I'm considering a P938 later this winter.

Tom

DrHenley
01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Well, I want back to the gun store with the intention of buying the C3. But balked when I found out they didn't have any Officer mags and didn't know where they could get them.

So I decided to look for mags first. But looking around I saw a 5" Nightmare. That intrigued me, but I was really looking for a carry gun and wanted a 4" barrel. And the trigger on the Nightmare was worse than the one on the C3 real long creepy gritty pull.

I asked them what the prospects were of ordering a 4" Nightmare and they said the prospects weren't good.

Then I spotted another Sig and lo and behold, it was a 4" Nightmare. The slide was slicker than snot, and the trigger was exactly what I imagined a Sig trigger should be. No creep, no grit.

I already have enough Gov/Commander length mags to outfit a private army...so I pulled the trigger on it...so to speak :D

Yeah I know...Pictures Pictures Pictures. They are coming...

Boats
01-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Dirty pictures, hopefully!

Tom

DrHenley
01-14-2013, 10:46 PM
http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=97&pictureid=573
http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=97&pictureid=574
http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=97&pictureid=575

Olympus
01-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Good looking gun there. Did you change out any of the small parts? It's the first Nightmare I've seen without the stainless controls and small parts.

Boats
01-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Nice looking gat, Dr. And your description of the slide and trigger match my Sig Carry. Couldn't be happier.

Now, how does she shoot?

Boats

Boats
01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Wow nice .u haven't seen4" kewl. Only seen 5.been thinking of 2nd gun just don't know what. I do know SIG s awesome. congratulations on a great piece and sharp looking.:D :D

Posting from the mobile again, are you :D

Boats

DrHenley
01-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Took it to the range today and put a hundred rounds through it. One box factory hardball and one box hardball handloads.

Accuracy was great with both, but the handloads were definitely more accurate than factory. The were loaded a bit lighter than factory, and the brass all went to the same place. It went everywhere with the factory loads. I kept sending the target back, back back all the way to 20 yards and was still hitting a ShootNSee I had plastered in the middle of the backer.

One thing though, the handloads sometimes failed to go into battery. I did not have that problem with the factory loads. The rounds are in spec, so I don't know what was going on. Most of the time I was able to nudge it into battery, but there were a few that would not go. When I tried chambering them a second time, they all went into battery without a problem.

The thing is so tight, it's a bear to take down and reassemble. I guess it needs a lot of breaking in...

DrHenley
01-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Good looking gun there. Did you change out any of the small parts? It's the first Nightmare I've seen without the stainless controls and small parts.

Nope, didn't change a thing. I think the gun is all stainless though, just "Nitron" coated.

DrHenley
01-15-2013, 09:09 PM
I just figured out what was going on with the reloads. It wasn't the loads, it was the mags the reloads were in. Wilson Combat and, oddly, Sig mags drag the slide, but Colt mags (Checkmate) and Chip McCormick do not.

Here is a picture with a Sig mag holding the slide back.
http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=97&pictureid=576