PDA

View Full Version : Kel-Tec PF-9

BadOscar
04-13-2011, 05:38 PM
This is my little Kel-Tec PF-9 in a holser that Lane made for me.
I was thinking about getting that new Sig P290 but the MSRP is like 3x the Kel-Tec and I have not seen any good reviews yet on it.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~oceanpalace/badoscar/BadOscar_Holster_by_Lasco_Leather_2.jpg

kgh
04-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Nice PF-9. I looked at them the last time I had an itch to buy something. I ended up walking out with a LCP.

NAMVET72
04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Nice, BadOScar this is the COTEP.org at least you first Gun Thread could have been about DW's:):):)

I like that holster, patiently waiting for Lane, to get all the Holsters done to get one like that made for a CS 1911.............

Clyde

Lane
04-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Wow - I forgot about that little holster - does it still work? :confused:

Lane

douglas_knott
04-14-2011, 10:03 AM
very nice. my little brother just bought one of those. his very first pistol too. im proud of him. :)

69Charger
04-14-2011, 10:08 AM
very nice. my little brother just bought one of those. his very first pistol too. im proud of him. :)

LITTLE BROTHER?
He must be like 12?
You Young guy. LOL
Dave

BadOscar
04-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Wow - I forgot about that little holster - does it still work? :confused:

Lane

Lane I love this little holster. It works great. The only thing I would change would be the leather loop to a split double loop. Being so small it tends to walk around my blelt a little. A split bouble would let you snap it around the belt loop on your jeans.

VietVet68
04-16-2011, 01:31 PM
How do you like the gun? I'm looking for a compact 9MM pocket carry.

Lane
04-17-2011, 11:19 AM
How do you like the gun? I'm looking for a compact 9MM pocket carry.

I've had the PF9 for a couple of years. It's a great little carry gun, easy to carry concealed. It's not a lot of fun to shoot - when I go to the range, I usually only run a couple of mags through it just to stay practiced. Due to it's small size and heavy trigger, it's hard to be accurate past 10' or so.

Overall, for a $250 gun, it's definitely a worthy addition to the stable.

Lane

BadOscar
04-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Mine has worked pretty good. I broke an extractor once but Kel-tec sent a new one in the mail quickly. I agree with Lane, it's no fun to shoot but I'm sure thats because its so light and skinney. It's well worth the money when you compare it to similar sized guns. I dislike the franken bolt extractor and the fact that they put a stupid tac rail on it. But I say it's a solid buy.

If money was no object this is what I would get for pocket carry. http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RohrbaughR9-Kel-TecPF9comparison-1.jpg

VietVet68
04-17-2011, 03:10 PM
I've had the PF9 for a couple of years. It's a great little carry gun, easy to carry concealed. It's not a lot of fun to shoot - when I go to the range, I usually only run a couple of mags through it just to stay practiced. Due to it's small size and heavy trigger, it's hard to be accurate past 10' or so.

Overall, for a $250 gun, it's definitely a worthy addition to the stable.

Lane

Where can I get one for close to $250? I'd buy it in a New York minute.

BadOscar
04-17-2011, 08:12 PM
If you know an FFL I would have them check CDNN Investments. They used to have them for $229. On GunBroker they generally go for right around $250. If your not concerned about it being slim you should look at the P11. It's only a tiny bit thicker and you get 11 rounds instead of 8. Here is a comparison of the two.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/Kel-TecP11-Kel-TecPF9comparison-1.jpg

VietVet68
04-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info., those drawings are outstanding!:)

DScott
05-15-2011, 09:50 PM
When I got mine I thought the magazine extention would be good but found that if I tried to keep three fingers on the grip it crowded my middle finger up such that it hit the mag release when firing, so I took them back off. Twenty minutes with some fine sandpaper did wonders for the feel of the gun also.

The pf9 excells at concealability, and at everything else, it works. It's dependable, reasonably accurate, and while the trigger is long, mine is light and surprisingly smooth. When you factor in the price, it's a darn good gun.

Dave Bob
05-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I've had the PF9 for about a year now. I like my DW CBOB but when it gets hot the PF9 is whats always with me. I've shot over 750 rnds thru it with never a failure of any kind. I like it so much I recommended it to my sons, thats how much I like it. I have to say it is a hand full, but I can shoot it pretty well. With practice you can shoot respectible groups at 15 to 20 yrds.

Dave