PDA

View Full Version : anyone hoarding brass?

MSNM
01-27-2013, 10:53 AM
i am a new manufacturer, and my local supply is DRY!! i need pistol brass, mainly 9mm/40/45! he has drums and drums, but doesn't have time to sort it out, nor do i lol. i am looking to pick up some brass for a decent price, i see some people charging like 75 bucks for 1k 45 brass, its crazy! my goal is to load 30-40k and then start my sales up again, selling by the thousand or two is killing me, i loaded 5k 9mm and it all sold in the weekend last week. now im dry. if you can help out let me know what we can do, thanks!

sdmc530
01-27-2013, 12:58 PM
i am a new manufacturer, and my local supply is DRY!! i need pistol brass, mainly 9mm/40/45! he has drums and drums, but doesn't have time to sort it out, nor do i lol. i am looking to pick up some brass for a decent price, i see some people charging like 75 bucks for 1k 45 brass, its crazy! my goal is to load 30-40k and then start my sales up again, selling by the thousand or two is killing me, i loaded 5k 9mm and it all sold in the weekend last week. now im dry. if you can help out let me know what we can do, thanks!

Yep, everyone is hoarding right now...you have too with Obama doing what he is doing. I have about 1K in my stockpile and it would take 4 times the value to get me to sell it. Just can't risk running out....not worth it....Good luck though!! I feel your pain buddy.

Boats
01-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Yep, everyone is hoarding right now...you have too with Obama doing what he is doing. I have about 1K in my stockpile and it would take 4 times the value to get me to sell it. Just can't risk running out....not worth it....Good luck though!! I feel your pain buddy.

Me too. Got a couple thousand 45 and similar for several other calibers. But unless someone here needs some for personal reloading, they stay right here.

We're mostly pretty self-reliant here. I like that.

Like Phil, I feel your pain.

Boats

MSNM
01-27-2013, 01:23 PM
only thing i really load for personal pleasure and never sell is my 357 for my bisley vaquaro, and 45 colt for my henrey big boy! :) god, i love those two guns.

Lonestar grips.
01-27-2013, 01:42 PM
yankee2500 seems to have a lot of brass for sale, but he's sold out of Large Primer 45acp for now.

here's a link-----> http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=385738

Zane.

DrHenley
01-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Am I hoarding brass? I've been hoarding brass for 40 years. :D

MSNM
01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
yankee2500 seems to have a lot of brass for sale, but he's sold out of Large Primer 45acp for now.

here's a link-----> http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=385738

Zane.

good looking out! ill check that out now!

sdmc530
01-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Am I hoarding brass? I've been hoarding brass for 40 years. :D

You were two when you started :p

NAMVET72
01-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Only way to be able to shoot alot is to reload. I also am Hoarding,

Clyde

DrHenley
01-27-2013, 07:09 PM
You were two when you started :p

Uh, you are missing a ZERO at the end of that number :D

I haven't acquired much brass since Obama was elected (the first time), I've been working off brass acquired over the years, so I can't be blamed for the current shortage. :p

BTW I have over 1200 pieces of 223 brass

I've never owned a 223...

MSNM
01-27-2013, 07:20 PM

I haven't acquired much brass since Obama was elected (the first time), I've been working off brass acquired over the years, so I can't be blamed for the current shortage. :p

ive never owned one either, but i loaded my last 25k rounds, guy out here in tx prepaid me for it... hell yes. that ran me dry. prob have less than 5k brass left of 223

Boats
01-27-2013, 07:23 PM

Know what you mean... maybe someday you will own one. Or maybe you'll want to barter. Or something.

Tom

glider
01-27-2013, 08:24 PM
I've been reloading more than I've been shooting, I think that's a first. At this rate I'm going to have to shoot some so I'll have some brass. I think I've got things turned around here.

DrHenley
01-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Know what you mean... maybe someday you will own one. Or maybe you'll want to barter. Or something.
Tom

I was thinking of getting an Encore barrel in 223, I still might one day. I actually tried to give the brass away and nobody wanted it at the time so I just hung on to it.

I was a member of the civilian gun club at Fort Benning a number of years ago and people were leaving piles of 223 brass behind. I couldn't stand to see all that brass go to waste, so I would pick up a little every time I went to the range and throw it into a bucket at home.

Maybe I'll do a Karma with it :D