PDA

View Full Version : Got another Sig...

DrHenley
02-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Went looking for the Para Warthog, saw several 3" CCOs and a Para LDS, but no Warthogs.

I ran across two CCOs that I liked. One was an ATI and the other a Sig. The ATI was a solid gun, nothing fancy, good and tight, good trigger, etc. and I probably WOULD have gotten it had I not spied this:

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=593

It was love at first sight. $400 more than the ATI, but OOOOHHHH so sexy!

(this is my first "Sexy" 1911)

Hey, when are we going to have a Sig forum???????

douglas_knott
02-05-2013, 07:47 PM
very nice find there. good looking pistol

Grouse
02-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Good looking pistol. 1st question, does it have an ex.......nah. glad you are happy with it.

ronpaul50
02-05-2013, 08:19 PM
(this is my first "Sexy" 1911)

If it's sexy where are the nekkid gurl grips?http://www.cotep.org/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

DrHenley
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Good looking pistol. 1st question, does it have an ex.......nah. glad you are happy with it.

I've had better success with external extractors than with internal. Well, except for my Mimber 22 conversion slide...:eek:

My DW Panther has an external extractor, and it just works. I know there is nothing I can do to tune it, but so far there is just no need. I've used it in IDPA competition, so it's been *thoroughly* field tested.

I hear the Sig extractors just work too.

Boats
02-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Nice heater!

We need a range report now, with pictures.

Unless that extractor fails. Then you should find another forum to join.

:mob:

Grouse will take care of all he details for ya :D

Just kidding (really!)...

Dirty gun pictures always welcome, though!

Boats

DrHenley
02-05-2013, 10:40 PM
And just like with my last Sig, I can't find it on the website, so I don't know what model it is. This one is not in the 2013 Catalog PDF, which is where I found the Fastback.

Close to an Ultra Two Tone, but with black plunger tube, G10 Piranha Green G-Mascus grips and a magwell. Can't really see any other differences. Same night sights as the Ultra Two Tone.

Razorwire
02-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Do you have the box it came in? The exact model number should be on there, something like 1911U-45-XXX

DrHenley
02-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Do you have the box it came in? The exact model number should be on there, something like 1911U-45-XXX

Yeah I found it. In fine print beneath the 1911U-45-NBS13 that I can barely read:

"1911, 45, ULTRA COMPACT, NITRON, SLITE, G-10 BLKGF"

So I guess the official model name is "Ultra Compact."

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=603

The first Sig, which I first thought was a "Nightmare", and now presume to be a "Fastback" says:

"1911FCA-45-BSS"
"1911F, 45, CARRY, NITRON, SLITE, SAO"

So does the "F" stand for "Fastback"???

Razorwire
02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Hard to keep track of their markings. The two tone Ultra is: 1911U-45-TSS
The nitron Ultra is: 1911U-45-BSS
Both have siglite sights (tritium night sights)

My next Sig will be either the 1911FCA-45-NMR or 1911CO-45-TSS-RCS

DrHenley
02-09-2013, 12:05 AM
We need a range report now, with pictures.

Unless that extractor fails. Then you should find another forum to join.

Second day at the range...still no extractor failures...

Today I checked these types of Mags for function:

7 Round GI
7 Round Colt Officer, stainless
7 Round Sig (came with)
8 Round Sig (came with the Fastback)
8 Round Colt stainless
8 Round Chip McCormick Shooting Star
8 Round Wilson Combat
10 Round Chip McCormick Power Mag 10 (failed to hold open)

Other than the one failure to hold the slide back with the Power Mag 10, there were no other malfunctions of any kind.

Boats
02-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Second day at the range...still no extractor failures...

Other than the one failure to hold the slide back with the Power Mag 10, there were no other malfunctions of any kind.

Good, then you're still here :)

I like that it doesn't mind what it's fed from. What have you been feeding it?

My experience is that except for the very first mag, it will feed anything reliably. Ball, JHP, PHP, various self-defense ammo. It always goes bang.

About the only thing I did to mine was polish the feed ramps to mirror-like shiny.

Unfortunately, my Sig is soon to be relegated to 2nd string as my custom build is on the way back from ion bonding. As soon as I get a thousand rounds through it and it is proven accurate and reliable, it becomes my EDC.

Tom

DrHenley
02-09-2013, 10:44 AM
What have you been feeding it?

230 gr RN cast (straight WW)
4.5 gr Trail Boss

In a 5" barrel it's just above the power floor for IDPA, CDP division. I don't know what the velocity is in the 3" barrel. I may try to chrono it this afternoon. If it makes the power floor for IDPA CDP, I may try to use this pistol in the next match.