PDA

View Full Version : Freeeeeeeeedom!!!!!!

deputybpfife
02-09-2013, 10:06 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-H-wxSdgb_Fc/URcNmLvhF9I/AAAAAAAAADM/zdnm3heqJP0/w640-h480-p-k/Freedom.jpg

So liberating... Just got my first order of boolits. Will still be a while before I can reload since I'm waiting for the press, parts and other components to come in. :D

DrHenley
02-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Ammo shortage?...WHAT Ammo shortage? :D

Welcome to the FREE WORLD!

Now, if you really want to be liberated, start casting your own! I started casting for my 45 ACP the first time Obummer got elected and I couldn't find reloading bullets.

Boats
02-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Nice, Barney!

Maybe we need to start casting like the good Doctor says. Might be fun.

Tom

Riverpigusmc
02-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Yeehaw

DaFadda
02-10-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm actually thinking about casting too... But I'm also thinking how time consuming it can be....2 boolits per cast takes a long time to get 1000 or so made... doesn't it? Don't know for sure, I've never gone down that road.

DaFadda

DrHenley
02-10-2013, 02:13 PM
If you start with scrap lead like wheel weights, prepping the lead is the least enjoyable part. The actual casting goes pretty quickly once you get the hang of it, and to me, the mere act of creating useful objects out of scrap lead is rewarding in of itself.

I usually do about 500 at a time, which is sufficient for me. If you want to do 1000 at a time get a 6 up mold.

I can go faster with the cheap aluminum Lee molds, although they don't last forever like an expensive mold. I can't seem to get the same rhythm going with the heavier expensive molds.