PDA

View Full Version : Non Resident CCW

MajO
06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Even though I have a Pennsylvania CCW, two weeks ago, I attended a 6 hour class taught, primarily by Dr. Bruce Eimer. The class walks you through the application process for the Florida, Virginia and Utah nonresident CCW license process. This includes ID photos, fingerprints and notarized forms. All you have to do is put in money orders and affix postage. While some of the states accepting the permits are redundant, the 3 permits cover 33 of the 50 states. The Florida permit is good for 7 years, while Virginia and Utah are 5 years.

http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net/articles.htm

Anybody else have experience with nonresident licenses and reciprocity?

Best wishes.

Sheepdog
06-30-2011, 12:06 AM
I have CCW licenses for TX and FL.

nightal
06-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Even though I have a Pennsylvania CCW, two weeks ago, I attended a 6 hour class taught, primarily by Dr. Bruce Eimer. The class walks you through the application process for the Florida, Virginia and Utah nonresident CCW license process. This includes ID photos, fingerprints and notarized forms. All you have to do is put in money orders and affix postage. While some of the states accepting the permits are redundant, the 3 permits cover 33 of the 50 states. The Florida permit is good for 7 years, while Virginia and Utah are 5 years.

http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net/articles.htm

Anybody else have experience with nonresident licenses and reciprocity?

Best wishes.

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/pennsylvania-ccw-state-laws.php

Thedragonslayer
06-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Very good idea, i cant see were it wouldn't hurt to be familiar with other state laws. I travel a good bit!

Thanks again!

Noel

Mike45
06-30-2011, 12:31 PM
I have thought about picking up a Utah non-resident permit. But in truth I would only pick up a couple of states, Washington and Ohio I think. Not sure if it is worth it as Texas seams to have reciprocity with the majority of the state, at least the states that I would carry in.

MajO
06-30-2011, 02:09 PM
According to the training, the permits are recognized as described below:

The FL Non-Resident CCW permit is recognized by 31 States:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming

The VA Non-Resident CCW permit is recognized by 22 States:

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia

With the Utah CCW, you also pick up Minnesota, which you don't get with the Florida or Virginia CCW. Another 29 states are redundant with the other permits.

Wouldn't a "national" permit simplify things significantly? :bs: :mob:

bvkdphillips
07-24-2011, 02:38 PM
I just got my New Hampshire non-resident permit. It covers the following states:

New Hampshire
Alabama
Michigan
Alaska
Missouri
Arizona
Mississippi
Arkansas
North Carolina
Colorado
North Dakota
Florida
Oklahoma
Georgia
Pennsylvania
Idaho
Tennessee
Indiana
Utah
Kentucky
Wyoming
Louisiana

All you have to do is fill out the application and mail it along with a copy of your current state's permit and a check for $100. A personal check is fine. No classes to take. I recieved it in about 2 weeks. The main state I needed coverage on was Georgia cause my SC licence is not honored there. I wish I would have sent off for it a year ago when the fee was only $20. Oh well!

Bob

skosh69
07-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Wouldn't a "national" permit simplify things significantly? :bs: :mob:

Yes that would, but could you imagine how screwed up the data base would become with our current gov't in charge of it?? Permits would get issued to illegals and dead people, just like social security checks are now.....

It's amazing here in Kalifornistan, I can get basically the same permit that Bob just got, a Utah CCW that's recognized in 30 states, but forget trying to get a permit to carrry within my own state...:confused::confused:

Thedragonslayer
07-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes that would, but could you imagine how screwed up the data base would become with our current gov't in charge of it?? Permits would get issued to illegals and dead people, just like social security checks are now.....

It's amazing here in Kalifornistan, I can get basically the same permit that Bob just got, a Utah CCW that's recognized in 30 states, but forget trying to get a permit to carrry within my own state...:confused::confused:

Ellison, you need to move my friend!!! Come here to SC!!!

TDS

Thedragonslayer
07-24-2011, 03:13 PM
I just got my New Hampshire non-resident permit. It covers the following states:

New Hampshire
Alabama
Michigan
Alaska
Missouri
Arizona
Mississippi
Arkansas
North Carolina
Colorado
North Dakota
Florida
Oklahoma
Georgia
Pennsylvania
Idaho
Tennessee
Indiana
Utah
Kentucky
Wyoming
Louisiana

All you have to do is fill out the application and mail it along with a copy of your current state's permit and a check for $100. A personal check is fine. No classes to take. I recieved it in about 2 weeks. The main state I needed coverage on was Georgia cause my SC licence is not honored there. I wish I would have sent off for it a year ago when the fee was only $20. Oh well!

Bob

Thanks Bob, that is helpfull as well!!!

bvkdphillips
07-24-2011, 03:28 PM
New Hampshire non-resident application link:

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/documents/dssp260.pdf

Copy and paste to your web browser.

Bob