PDA

View Full Version : new medal outranks Purple Heart and BSM

ColMike
02-15-2013, 08:06 AM
This is BS. Write your legislators. I did and the Chairman of the JCS.
supports the VFWs efforts.

VFW WANTS NEW MEDAL RANKING LOWERED

VFW believes Distinguished Warfare Medal should not outrank the Bronze Star, Purple Heart

February 14, 2013

America’s largest combat veterans’ organization is in total disagreement with the Pentagon’s decision to have its new Distinguished Warfare Medal outrank the Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

“It is very important to properly recognize all who faithfully serve and excel, but this new medal — no matter how well intended — could quickly deteriorate into a morale issue,” said John E. Hamilton, national commander of the 2 million-member Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S. and its Auxiliaries.

In announcing the medal, the Pentagon said yesterday that modern technology enables service members with special training and capabilities to more directly and precisely impact military operations at times far from the battlefield. The Distinguished Warfare Medal was created to recognize such extraordinary achievement, regardless of the distance from the battlefield.

“The VFW fully concurs that those far from the fight are having an immediate impact on the battlefield in real-time,” said Hamilton, a combat-wounded Marine Corps rifleman in Vietnam, “but medals that can only be earned in direct combat must mean more than medals awarded in the rear. The VFW urges the Department of Defense to reconsider the new medal’s placement in the military order of precedence

Grouse
02-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Kerry is going to be fvcking pissed. he could have gotten his medal with out shooting himself in the ass.

Riverpigusmc
02-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I quit. These fools could screw up a soup sandwich

skosh69
02-15-2013, 10:24 AM
:facepalm2:

JimF4M1s
02-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Xxxxx

BlackKnight
02-15-2013, 01:57 PM
It's :bs: I would think any combat veteran feels this is bunk.
Even non-combat vets thinks it's BS.

Snipersnest
02-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Giving a medal that's rated above the Bronze Star and Purple Heart, for basically playing a video game? Unbelievable! :mad:

Boats
02-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Giving a medal that's rated above the Bronze Star and Purple Heart, for basically playing a video game? Unbelievable! :mad:

Welcome to the newer, gentler military.

Tom