PDA

View Full Version : From another forum

Riverpigusmc
02-17-2013, 04:49 PM
There was recent discussion on another forum that I sometimes visit that suggested signing a petition with Whitehouse.org to encourage the Whitehouse to honor CPO Kyle by lowering flags to half staff in Kyle's honor. While I agree with the sentiments of the original post, I have a different idea to honor Kyle, one that doesn't involve the Federal Government, and doesn't need the current administrations "permission" or "blessing" Here are my thoughts on the subject, as posted elsewhere...

"I would be honored to sign this petition, if it were sponsored by any other organization. But like several other petitions that I have completely supported, I will not sign up with Whitehouse.org. They have no business knowing any more about me than at all possible.

Perhaps instead of an on-line petition going to an uncaring, unpatriotic president (little p in his case) we should start a nationwide campaign to establish our own CPO Kyle day and fly our flags at half staff even without the government's authorization.

His birthday was April 08, 1974. I suggest we spread the word to every person, every organization, every forum, etc., to make every April 8th an unofficial CPO Chris Kyle day, showing our respect for this great American Warrior by flying our flags at half staff. Maybe even some unofficial 21 gun salutes."

If you agree with this action, we have almost 2 full months to spread this idea as far as possible. I'm starting my contacts tonight.

Boats
02-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Ok. Good idea. I'll spread the word best as I can.

Do we need a central place where people can see some results or some organizing principle?

I sure as heck don't want them here :)

Until I hear different, I'm sending them to your house, pig

:D

Tom

Riverpigusmc
02-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Ok. Good idea. I'll spread the word best as I can.

Do we need a central place where people can see some results or some organizing principle?

I sure as heck don't want them here :)

Until I hear different, I'm sending them to your house, pig

:D

Tom

Nope. Just spread the word to Vets, Tom. Those that get it will do it. Those that don't...never will. God bless the Sniper and fair winds and following seas

ronpaul50
02-17-2013, 09:26 PM
April 8th is my father's birthday also. He is a WWII vet and he likes this idea. We will spread the word to our vet friends and other like minded people. Ron.

Snipersnest
02-18-2013, 05:49 PM
I'll pass the word as well.