PDA

View Full Version : My Reloads go BOOM!!!

skosh69
02-24-2013, 10:30 PM
OK all you guys with the jokes about me being Squbs Mcnubbits, I am vindicated.

Just test fired my reloads for 9mm and 44 mag.

Guess what? The Pino' learned to reload!!!! All went boom and had zero issues.

The 9's were accurate and couldn't tell the difference between my reloads and factory ammo.

I did run my 44's a little hot, according to master guru Dave, but never the less, they went down range and may I say, with a quickness!!! Palm was a little sore, but man is it fun shooting a 44 Mag!!!

The best part of today's range session was all the extra brass I came home with. I went to the range an hour before they closed and was allowed to stay after to pick all the brass I wanted!!! WOO HOO. I got buko brass for myself and for my neighbors.

Oh and my buddy at the range let me in for free since it was the end of the day! What a great day!

deputybpfife
02-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Sounds like you had a good time! Good to hear they all went bang!

NAMVET72
02-25-2013, 02:58 AM
Good for you Ellison, but you will never loose the title of Squib Prince:D::D:D

Clyde

Riverpigusmc
02-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Good job

Grouse
02-25-2013, 07:24 AM
congrats
nanner

AutoMag
02-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Congrats Ellison.........I would cut down on those hot loads especially just for range use, no need to waste powder, beat up your gun not to mention your hand!!!!:)

ColMike
02-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Congrats. Good shooting and free brass!

DaFadda
02-25-2013, 08:16 AM
NO PICTURES? Didn't happen. Please post a YouSquib video to prove you have learned the craft!! LOL... congratulations! But I'll agree with John, watch the hot loads. Shooting isn't supposed to hurt your hand

DaFadda

sdmc530
02-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Awesome job buddy, but I agree with Clyde your name squib king is here to stay....it could be worse at least we don't call you stinky or tinkerbell or somthing:D

Boats
02-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Nice, Ell! Congrats!

Better to start at or below the "standard" load and work up to hot loads.

Tom

douglas_knott
02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Congrats Ellison.........I would cut down on those hot loads especially just for range use, no need to waste powder, beat up your gun not to mention your hand!!!!:)

I am sure he does enough of that at home.......:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Riverpigusmc
02-25-2013, 03:12 PM
I am sure he does enough of that at home.......:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

funny funny

BadOscar
02-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Please post a YouSquib video ... funny

skosh69
02-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Sure is hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys...:facepalm2: Just kidding brothers, love y'all, even the pig and knotthead!

For those with positive feedback, thanks!

OBTW, the hot loads where the result of misinformation given to me, I would've never intentionally have gone and ran hot loads through my gun.

As far as pics or a "yousquib video", I forgot the camera.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it!:rolleyes:

AutoMag
02-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Who gave you that misinformation!!!!:confused: (No Names)

That could have been catastrophic!!!

Boats
02-25-2013, 05:52 PM

OBTW, the hot loads where the result of misinformation given to me, I would've never intentionally have gone and ran hot loads through my gun.

Danger danger!

ALWAYS use the book. You do have a book, don't you?

Never use a recipe that someone has given you without verifying it in the book first!

I want you to remain my friend for a while :)

NAMVET72
02-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Sure is hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys...:facepalm2: Just kidding brothers, love y'all, even the pig and knotthead!

As far as pics or a "yousquib video", I forgot the camera.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it!:rolleyes:

So Ellison tell us which reloader on here gave you the info. for the hot loads, then we can send him to the corner, until he learns that you are a NEWBIE at Reloading and don't have any common sense yet.........:D:D:D

Clyde

skosh69
02-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Not going to throw anyone under the bus. Heck, I might've written down the info/charge data wrong. Also, the charge wasn't that hot, just a smidgen. ;)

That is all, now back to your regular scheduled programming! :cool:

Dave Waits
02-25-2013, 10:39 PM
22.5grains of LILgun is more than a smidgen ell. It's a T/C, Blackhawk only load. It was stout in my SuperBlackhawk.

Like I told ya Bud, 20 grains max.

skosh69
02-26-2013, 12:20 AM
Actually, it was only 21.5 grs Dave. No worries. No harm, no foul. :D

Riverpigusmc
02-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Danger danger!

ALWAYS use the book. You do have a book, don't you?

Never use a recipe that someone has given you without verifying it in the book first!

I want you to remain my friend for a while :)

Yeah I gotta get a book too