PDA

View Full Version : I need your help

Roverron
03-10-2013, 11:39 AM
I want a .38Super.......
I'd prefer a commander sized length. I have an RIA in 9mm so either convert to .38S or a whole new one? I don't want to spend over $1200.........what's the consensus ? Pluses and minuses?

sdmc530
03-10-2013, 01:35 PM
We are in the same boat I too want a 38 some day....but that is a bucket list gun I just want one because I want one and won't ever really have a need for it...some day...some day....If I had the 1200 laying around I would buy one....

Old Draftsman
03-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Ron,

My .38 super was just over $500 with tax. (RIA)

It's a GI model and I did upgrade some of the parts and sights but it was a shooter out of the box. I absolutely love it and I find ammo locally available if I choose but I do reload.

I also had a TCM, loved the TCM, hated the double stack so sold it as a 9mm doublestack and built a TCM single stack.

However, the super is a load of fun to shoot and if you reload, the ammo is cheap as 9 mm :)

I have 4 RIA's mad a Gold Cup. I prefer any of the RIA pistolas over the cup mainly because the cup has too many sharp edges for this old geezer to handle.

I also swapped the 9mm barrel in the super and it performed quite well. Don't forget to change the spring.

Maybe you could just get a spring and barrel...

/slim
:D

DaFadda
03-11-2013, 12:05 AM
me too,i want a 38 super. ria may make some l8r this year?