PDA

View Full Version : conclusions

Riverpigusmc
03-10-2013, 05:18 PM
You cannot weigh powder with a six year old in the shed with you..ain't happening

Powder sticks to a new powder funnel

For some reason loading the cases in the loading blocks ends up with most of the powder IN the loading blocks

The digital scale I won from Alex is t*ts...checked every charge with a beam scale, dead on (only loaded 8 rounds to test fire)

All went bang and hit the pine tree stump. Found 3 out of 8 cases..tall scrub and a rabbits nest in the area..in North Florida, where there's rabbits there will generally be timber rattlers.

Dirtiest ammo I ever fired...even worse than those 100 round Federal value packs...but they work. I took a Lee powder scoop that says it scoops 5.2 grains of W231 and patiently ran the top over a diamond file in a Leatherman till it pretty consistently scooped 4.8, which is where I wanted to be..Hodgen online load data called for min 4.3 and max 5.3 with a 230 grain lead bullet..so..I set my test point dead center of the two. Dear Jesus it's slow going, though :D

Thanks for the help, fellers.

sdmc530
03-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Nice...I loaded 150 rounds of 10MM today because the weather is just lousy out. Snow/rain/snow all weekend. I have a gun I have not even fired yet and I am making rounds for it....pretty nauseating...but I am getting some reloading time so that is good....

Yes Kids and relaoding don't mix at all...tried and failed!

Dave Waits
03-10-2013, 08:06 PM
It's firing dirty because the charge-weight is low. Bump it up to 5 or 5.1 and it'll shoot cleaner. More complete burn.

SCORPIO
03-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Nice...I loaded 150 rounds of 10MM today because the weather is just lousy out. Snow/rain/snow all weekend. I have a gun I have not even fired yet and I am making rounds for it....pretty nauseating...but I am getting some reloading time so that is good....

Yes Kids and relaoding don't mix at all...tried and failed!

Better to have a gun with ammo that you haven't shot than to have a gun you haven't shot and no ammo.

sdmc530
03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Better to have a gun with ammo that you haven't shot than to have a gun you haven't shot and no ammo.

Oh I know, I should not complain...but I owe my brothers and sisters here a range report:D

Riverpigusmc
03-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Oh I know, I should not complain...but I owe my brothers and sisters here a range report:D

give me a donut to make amends for your sins

yeah, I went there :D

sdmc530
03-11-2013, 07:44 AM
give me a donut to make amends for your sins

yeah, I went there :D

just one doughnut? That is pretty light....I would go for the bakers dozen if I were you:p

Roverron
03-11-2013, 09:07 AM
I'd take a Bearclaw this morning. . . . to go with my coffee. . . !!

BadOscar
03-11-2013, 09:13 AM
I have a potart this morning. I'm going to chew it into the shape of a gun in a minute here.

Riverpigusmc
03-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I have a potart this morning. I'm going to chew it into the shape of a gun in a minute here.

work will expel you and your coworkers will seek therapy. Try it funny