PDA

View Full Version : Techie Guidance Please

Daedalus
04-11-2011, 05:20 PM
My techno-fu is weak.

Two things I cannot figure out:
1. I have a problem reading black font on a blue background. Is there a way I can change it?
2. Are avatars enabled? If so, I can't seem to make it work.

Nits - not a big deal in the overall scheme of things.

Again, Thanks very much for setting us up!
Jack

BadOscar
04-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I enabled avatars for COTEP member. Goto UserCP at top then Edit Avatar on the left.

How is the text now?

NAMVET72
04-12-2011, 02:22 AM
That should make him Happy.

That is why I like Our Own Website, just a reminder gents NO,off the Wall Avatars............

Clyde

douglas_knott
04-12-2011, 07:35 AM
That should make him Happy.

That is why I like Our Own Website, just a reminder gents NO,off the Wall Avatars............

Clyde

i wish i could get mine to work. :( it is a picture of me holding a flathead i caught a couple years back. just keeps saying my photo failed to download. i tried a few different ones too.

SemperFi1977m
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
maybe your image is too large Knott? Or it could be the connection is cutting out where you're at. IDK

SemperFi1977m
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
just a reminder gents NO,off the Wall Avatars............Clyde

Does that mean I have to change mine to a pink mimber with just an anchor to keep from being banned?:confused: lol

Daedalus
04-12-2011, 08:55 PM
I enabled avatars for COTEP member. Goto UserCP at top then Edit Avatar on the left.

How is the text now?

Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks for the Avatar enable.

The test is still black on blue, at least for me. No biggie

douglas_knott
04-12-2011, 09:30 PM
maybe your image is too large Knott? Or it could be the connection is cutting out where you're at. IDK

possibly too big. ill try again

BadOscar
04-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks for the Avatar enable.

The test is still black on blue, at least for me. No biggie

Yes, some of it. I changed the message body background. Maybe I can add another color scheme at some point and people can choose what they like.

Daedalus
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Yes, some of it. I changed the message body background. Maybe I can add another color scheme at some point and people can choose what they like.

No worries. It's just my aging eyes. You should see some of the strange pants/shirt/tie color combos I wear to work. It gives the girls something to laugh about:)

douglas_knott
04-12-2011, 09:54 PM
possibly too big. ill try again

still didnt work. i dunno how to change the size.:(

SemperFi1977m
04-12-2011, 10:28 PM
still didnt work. i dunno how to change the size.:(

Hmmm, idk then Knott. You can open the pic with the "paint" program that comes free on your pc and change its size in there then save it. Copy the pic first so you dont jack up the original.

Might need to check what format the pic is in also...make sure its a "jpeg" and not some other type of file. If it's the wrong type, just open it with paint or some other program and then "save as" it and change it to jpeg in the save-as window.

douglas_knott
04-12-2011, 10:37 PM
thanks ill look into it, your so smart with your college edjemicuation.

i went for a semister but always skipped class and played hacky sack. :eek: