PDA

View Full Version : Very Large Collection Of Vietnam Photos

Snipersnest
04-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Am passing this on to you only after I explain it is the biggest, longest, time-consuming piece I've ever seen. Within is found the largest collection of Vietnam pictures (mostly from the 60's) you are likely to ever see (captioned & credited) & I personally clicked through'em, one by one. Yes of course, there are some that repeat - or taken from a different angle - that will frustrate you cause whomever put this massive thing together had the opportunity to NOT repeat & failed. And about the time you see three or four that you've already seen and you are thinking 'hell with this', up will pop a wonderful, important, telling photo, and you gleefully continue. Some are fascinating, others not, some with apparelled beauty, others stark & plain; a few fantastically thoughtful, others tame but grim, now & then one surprising, but always, always interesting. General civilian city/country day-to-day life; temples, air parks, battle damage scenes (us & them), water-ways, military posts, combat bases & amo dumps, tons of aerial shots, aircraft, watercraft, known highways you've heard of, other simple 'take your chances' roads, and of course the wondrous Vietnam area terrain that you perhaps were unaware of. I guarantee these are pics of a country you never knew existed - only thought you knew or imagined - and all are from many, many, many different sources. But know absolutely no facet of life there untouched in these - and we were there, as you are reminded continually of American presence.

So be forewarned - I do not know how many photos there are; could be 660, 880, or well over a thousand, but you are not down-loading anything - only going to 'their link' (elsewhere). It will be only You, those who were there, who quietly go through this terrific collection, and a lot may well recognize some of these places; memories of long-forgotten "aromas" will come back with these shots and you may find this to be a 'keeper' collection of unique Vietnam photos. Of course you can hit the forward button and go through them fast until you see something recognizable or of interest, but do note that if you move your mouse towards the upper left-hand corner the picture will appear again, & if you place your mouse on the white rectangle and move it towards the + sign - said pic will enlarge.

But you could not have set foot in this beautiful, crammed, somewhat backward, simple yet dangerous, far-away country, for what-ever reason, and NOT find these the most interesting, intriguing, thought-provoking pics of a war-torn country that we all have experienced in this very life-time. These in total are quite something.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=80&with_photo_id=84020523&ss_play&order=date_desc&user=1643333 ://

zukinut
04-11-2013, 08:15 PM
That was really cool

thank you I forwarded in on to my dad

Riverpigusmc
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I had some Staff NCO's that went through Khe Sanh, some were at Hue...thanks, Herb

MTD
04-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Thanks Snipersnest; for the link AND for your Service! 'Bring back lotsa memories!

TLE2
04-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Yea, thanks. Something else to do instead of cleaning.

Since there's no counter, I have no idea how far I am, but....