PDA

View Full Version : finally got my website up.

Lonestar grips.
04-12-2013, 05:14 PM
i'd sure appreciate some feedback on it, you know things i should add or things i should change.

after all i do trust you hooligans.:D

http://www.lonestarcustomgrips.com/index.html

BadOscar
04-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Site look great, very impressive and professional looking. I would consider moving Contact Us to one of the top level buttons and Testimonials to the More fly out. It wasn't immediately clear to me how I would order something.

jmlutz
04-12-2013, 06:21 PM
It looks like you've got a really nice web site set up,I'll bet you do just fine.

sdmc530
04-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Nice job...

Lonestar grips.
04-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Site look great, very impressive and professional looking. I would consider moving Contact Us to one of the top level buttons and Testimonials to the More fly out. It wasn't immediately clear to me how I would order something.

thanks Alex! i'll change it over.

Lonestar grips.
04-12-2013, 06:41 PM
It looks like you've got a really nice web site set up,I'll bet you do just fine.

thanks mike!

Nice job...

thank you Phil!

Carl in GA
04-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Personally, I'd make those walnut burl grips resting on the knife more prominent in the display, 'cause they're some kinda purty! :D

Otherwise, very attractive website.

NAMVET72
04-12-2013, 06:51 PM
About time, Very Nice,

Clyde

Riverpigusmc
04-12-2013, 07:00 PM
i'd sure appreciate some feedback on it, you know things i should add or things i should change.

after all i do trust you hooligans.:D

http://www.lonestarcustomgrips.com/index.html

Kewl beans, but don't trust me. I can barely check my email

Roverron
04-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Very nice Zane! Where do you click to order? Also, a place to register? Similar to a lot of sites where if you wanted you could send updates on new items?

sdmc530
04-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Very nice Zane! Where do you click to order? Also, a place to register? Similar to a lot of sites where if you wanted you could send updates on new items?

Great idea...I like this!

BadOscar
04-12-2013, 08:56 PM

Great idea...I like this!

Agree, that would be cool. You could set up a blog page and have it email subscribers when you update it. It's a bit of work to set up. I found this page on you hosting site with details on how to get it working.

http://kb.weebly.com/blog-subscriptions.html

TLE2
04-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Hope you get e-payment up soon. And no fair tempting us with beautiful grips you don't have for sale!

AutoMag
04-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Zane, the site looks good to me!!:)

Lonestar grips.
04-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Personally, I'd make those walnut burl grips resting on the knife more prominent in the display, 'cause they're some kinda purty! :D

Otherwise, very attractive website.

i believe i can make that happen,:)

thanks Carl!

About time, Very Nice,

Clyde

well a wise old officer from the bomb squad once told me i should never make a move too fast.:D

thanks Clyde!

Kewl beans, but don't trust me. I can barely check my email

well Marines are automatically trustworthy;)

thanks Mike!

thanks Ron!

right now i have it set up like here on the forum, if you want to order something you just email me via the "contact us" page and we'll work it out that way,

i'll try to set up a something like a blog or newsletter so subscribers can find out when i've got new grips posted or new grip material.

Agree, that would be cool. You could set up a blog page and have it email subscribers when you update it. It's a bit of work to set up. I found this page on you hosting site with details on how to get it working.

http://kb.weebly.com/blog-subscriptions.html

thanks for that link Alex! i'll try to work on that this weekend.

Hope you get e-payment up soon. And no fair tempting us with beautiful grips you don't have for sale!

i need to try and get paypal or something, it would make things easier.:)

Zane, the site looks good to me!!:)

thank you John!

herefordman1
04-13-2013, 06:44 AM
I like it, easy to navigate.

Jim

ABC3
04-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Looks very nice and easy to nav. I know it took me about 6 months to correct everything when I put mine up. But it looks like you've done it just right.

Congrat's and I'm sure you will do well.

Snipersnest
04-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Quality +, Zane!

Lonestar grips.
04-13-2013, 03:10 PM
I like it, easy to navigate.

Jim

thanks Jim!

Looks very nice and easy to nav. I know it took me about 6 months to correct everything when I put mine up. But it looks like you've done it just right.

Congrat's and I'm sure you will do well.

thank you very much!

Quality +, Zane!

thanks Herb!

Lane
04-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Looking good. When I'm back in production mode, I want to get with you to make a combo grip/holster set in Diamondback Rattlesnake.

Also, it's real easy to set up PayPal - they charge 2% per transaction, but it's worth it. They also make it real easy to print and pay for shipping. Check 'em out.

Lane

Lonestar grips.
04-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Looking good. When I'm back in production mode, I want to get with you to make a combo grip/holster set in Diamondback Rattlesnake.

Also, it's real easy to set up PayPal - they charge 2% per transaction, but it's worth it. They also make it real easy to print and pay for shipping. Check 'em out.

Lane

that sounds like a cool idea!:cool:

i need to contact the guy i got my skins from and see if he has any more.

JimF4M1s
04-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Xxxxx

Lonestar grips.
04-14-2013, 10:01 PM
On the "Contact Us" page, I sent in a note the other day. I haven't heard back. Is it working yet?

hi Jim,

i got your email and replied back, maybe it went in your spam folder, i'll try again.

Zane.

deputybpfife
04-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Zane,

I've been out for a while, so I haven't spent much time on COTEP. Just life - too busy! I like your website. It does look very professional. If you can find a shopping cart program, I think that will get your sales going.

Good luck and good job!
Anthony

skosh69
04-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Zane, website looks great!

One thing, not having a label on the grips, wood type ( I know it's time consuming for you ) is gonna make it hard for customers to pinpoint what wood they would like. Do you agree?

Just a little constructive advice.

JimF4M1s
04-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Xxxxx

Lonestar grips.
04-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Zane,

I've been out for a while, so I haven't spent much time on COTEP. Just life - too busy! I like your website. It does look very professional. If you can find a shopping cart program, I think that will get your sales going.

Good luck and good job!
Anthony

Thanks Anthony!

after reading what Lane said about paypal i started looking into it and found out i can get an paypal account with with just a bank account, so once i do that i should be able to set up shopping cart program which would make things 1000 times easier for the customer and me.

Lonestar grips.
04-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Zane, website looks great!

One thing, not having a label on the grips, wood type ( I know it's time consuming for you ) is gonna make it hard for customers to pinpoint what wood they would like. Do you agree?

Just a little constructive advice.

thanks Ellison!

do you mean the grips in the photo gallery? you're absolutely right, it will make it hard for customers to point out the kind of wood they want me to use, i don't know why i forgot that.

Lonestar grips.
04-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Zane,

I received that note to my personal email. I had nothing in my spam though. Sent you a reply.

Thanks,

Jim

i got it a little while ago Jim and replied back.

thanks!

Zane.

skosh69
04-15-2013, 02:07 PM
thanks Ellison!

do you mean the grips in the photo gallery? you're absolutely right, it will make it hard for customers to point out the kind of wood they want me to use, i don't know why i forgot that.

Yup, :D Thanks for not taking my comments on the wrong note!

Lonestar grips.
04-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Yup, :D Thanks for not taking my comments on the wrong note!

i'm happy for all the advice and help i can get! :)