PDA

View Full Version : Sig P238

bald1
04-13-2011, 07:15 PM
I've had a bunch of puny pistols over the years with a KelTec P11 and AMT 380 Backup II lasting the longest. The P11 had a lousy long trigger pull and was no fun to shoot but very very reliable. The factory belt clip was a great feature making concealed carry cheap and easy. My youngest son owns it now.

The old AMT was one of the good ones in that it not only went boom every time the trigger was pulled, the grip and thumb safeties worked very well. But despite the weight, it too was no fun to shoot. I also found I had to alter my grip to be able to thumb off the safety. Didn't make for the fastest to get into action at all. It's gone, traded in on a Mossberg 500 :)

These days I have but one puny pistol which serves as a BUG and in warm weather, when carrying a Dan CCO just isn't practical, a prime. It has familiar controls similar to the classic 1911 in many ways. Very sweet to shoot! Mine has proved reliable although like far too many guns these days this model had an initial recall and some teething issues. A 3rd iteration of both recoil spring and magazine designs seems to have finally solved things for the marketplace. Highly recommended!

Some eschew cocked 'n locked for any pistol carried in a pocket. Personally I see absolutely no problems especially with this pistol which has a VERY positive engagement of the thumb safety and sound internal safety design.

The 380 is no ones favorite round but as many have opined, it beats not having a gun at all. I favor flat nosed solids over JHPs and pack either Buffalo Bore 100gr +P hardcast lead or Winchester Q4206 95gr FMJ-FN.

A leather front pocket holster from RKBA or a "clipless" IWB from Remora handle the duties well. Sarge's Malle grips have displaced an earlier Brazilian Cherry set I picked up elsewhere.

http://rap.midco.net/bald1/P238.jpg
http://rap.midco.net/bald1/P238_RKBA.jpg
http://rap.midco.net/bald1/P238_Remora.jpg

herefordman1
04-13-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm with you. Around the farm the CCO is just too big when working. I carry a P238 in an IWB and at times it seems like I've lost it because it's light and comfortable.

Jim

Cap
04-14-2011, 10:23 AM
I bought mine for no other reason than i think it's cool...

and was pleasantly surprised at how well it shot.

I bought the HD model cause i figured "if" I'd ever carry it, I'd stoke it with heavy +P ammo and shoot a fair amount of it

I'm playing around with different grips now.
different thickness and stuff too

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/larycap/006-7.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/larycap/117-1.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/larycap/027-3.jpg

to date, I've shot appx 400 rnds thru it.
I've had no FTF with any ammo (that includes 100 rnds of various HP ammo)

but three times the trigger failed to reset :mad:

Because of that, I won't trust this pistol for carry til i detail strip and have a look at what's going on

..L.T.A.

BSea
04-14-2011, 10:34 AM
I bought 1 last fall just for warmer weather (I actually had 1 on order for almost a year). Now that summer is almost here, it will finally get to go places other than the range.

titanse05
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I bought one for my wife to shoot three months ago and I have to say that it is a neat little shooter. It is in dire need of some new wooden grips though (like that last set of buckeye burls of Cap's).

Between my wife and I we have put 200 rounds thru it so far with the only problem being that about a total of 10 times a round doesn't fire with the first trigger pull. But once you recock and pull the trigger the second time on the same round it goes BANG. Not sure if this is hard primers (PMC ammuniton) or if the mainspring is a little underpowered.

Mike45
04-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Here is a pic of my wife's sig

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/1976_07_26/SIG%20P328/SIG238C.jpg

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/1976_07_26/SIG%20P328/SIG238B.jpg

She really likes it but can not hit the side of a barn as she shoots right but is left eye dominant. I am buying her a Crimson Trace laser this week as they are running a $50 rebate on all lasers sold between April 2 and June 30th.

bald1
04-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Mike,

I too am right handed but left eye dominant. I simply hold handguns such that the sights line up with my left eye.... doesn't affect accuracy at all. Now with rifles it's different of course.....

Mike45
04-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Mike,

I too am right handed but left eye dominant. I simply hold handguns such that the sights line up with my left eye.... doesn't affect accuracy at all. Now with rifles it's different of course.....

Thanks bald1. We are going to try and get to the range this weekend, but we have been saying that for the last couple of weeks. :(

Mike

Neener Neener
04-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I have seiously been contemplating one of these. However, I am just not fond of .380. If, for some reason, the Kimber Solo I have coming in the near future doesn't work out, I may go ahead and get one.

Grizzman
04-15-2011, 10:18 PM
I have seiously been contemplating one of these. However, I am just not fond of .380. If, for some reason, the Kimber Solo I have coming in the near future doesn't work out, I may go ahead and get one.

I've been thoroughly satisfied with mine, and the odds are that you would also. With warm loads that aren't that far behind the 9mm, so it should do the job if I do mine.

There are a few potential caveats, but it's a quality little piece that shoots very easily.

Grizz

Mike45
04-16-2011, 03:20 AM
The current rebate does not include the P238 laser.

I purchase one today anyway as I feel that my wife would shoot more confidently with it. When I am a way from home I want to make sure if she has to use it she can put one on target.

anchor44
04-16-2011, 10:47 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with the positive comments. I bought two of these because I was so impressed. Reliable, accurate, fits my hand well, great sights, great trigger, VERY easy to conceal and nowadays the .380 SD ammo is much improved over just a few years ago.

It's probably the ONLY pocket gun I would ever carry cocked and locked. I carry it in a DeSantis Nemesis holster and don't think it's possible to come off safe accidentally.

wxl
04-16-2011, 01:16 PM
The 238 has also been high up on my wish list

Mike45
04-24-2011, 02:09 PM
So as noted I purchased a CT laser for the wife and her Sig as before she could not hit the side of a 67 story building.

Here is the CT on the Sig:

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/1976_07_26/SIG%20P328/CTLaser.jpg

And here are her results, her hits are all the small holes on the right. :D

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/1976_07_26/SIG%20P328/Target2.jpg

I am soooo happy with the results and she is so much more confident. The best $200 I have ever spent.

Mike

PS: Also bought her a knife to match her gun. :D

Thedragonslayer
04-24-2011, 05:04 PM
That is why the old timers dont like them! They make a bad shooter decent! The 1911 setup from CT is perfect. They make it so easy to get on target quick!

I do like the P238 too!;)

Grizzman
04-25-2011, 07:29 PM
I just got back from putting 150 rounds through my P238 with a pair of the new extended magazines, so here's a little range report.

I fired 75 rounds with each one for a grand total of........150 rounds. 100 of them were Winchester white box FMJs and 50 were my handloads using Sierra 95 grain FMJs driven by 3.9 grains of Unique.

It ran just like I'd hoped it would. The only two issues experienced were caused by my strong side thumb sitting on the slide stop. The slide stop didn't catch the slide at an empty mag, and the slide returned to battery, catching the empty brass before it could clear the slide. I presume the lack of the extra drag of picking up the next round increased the slide speed enough to cause it. I might as well just stop trying to shoot it with 2 hands. It ran great at all other times, with all other hand holds.

It did chew up the mouths of about 8 pieces of brass I was able to retrieve (not including the two that were caught), but the gun kept on running. It makes me a little nervous.....but no huge deal.

An oddity is in the pattern of brass ejection. Basically, there is no patten, and there never has been. Some fly straight forward, some straight up, some straight to 3:00, and some bounce off my head.

I shot two handed strong-side and weak-side, and single handed strong and weak pretty much equally through the ammo supply. The range was between 7 and 10 yards at approx a round a second.

The pistol was very comfortable to shoot with the extended magazine, but it's also comfortable for me with the standard magazine.

I'd say that I'm 100% happy and the extra round of capacity is welcome.

Here's a pic to prove it happened.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/thegrizzman/Firearms/IMG_1105.jpg

Here's a pic of the P238 with X-Mag in my hand to show my pinky purchase.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/thegrizzman/Firearms/P238X-Maginhand.jpg

Grizz

Darn, put it in the wrong section.....:(

Mike45
04-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Cool Grizz. Where did you get them?

I purchased some from the local gun show and they seam to work good but I would like to have some Sig mag's.

Thanks
Mike

Grizzman
04-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I got a three pack directly from Sig.

Grizz

Cap
04-26-2011, 01:46 AM
I have two SIG OEM 6 rnd'rs .
The slide rarely ever locks back with one mag and only 2/3rds of the time with the other
Doesn't matter what ammo...light or hot, ball or HP.
so maybe it's common???

Mine flings the brass pretty consistently .
To the right and forward between 2 and 3 O'clock .
Distance depends on the ammo's octane rating ...

Is this the first time you've shot yours, Grizz??

..L.T.A.

Grizzman
04-26-2011, 10:23 AM
I've probably put between 750 and 1000 rounds through it so far. I've been using two Sig (one 1st gen & 1 2nd gen) and two Colt Mustang (1st gen design) magazines that I believe are made by Metalform. I ground off the front tab of them so they don't protrude past the frame.

Yesterday's session was the first one in which I used Sig's new 3rd Generation X-Mags, the primary reason for the range report.

Following my standard grip positioning with a right hand strong side 2-handed hold, my right thumb sits on the rear half of the slide stop. I can place my right thumb on top of my left thumb, indexing the tip of my thumb on my left thumb's basal joint or up in the air, but this doesn't feel especially natural.

I don't like relying on different hand positions with different handguns, as in a fight situation I'll just subconsciously put it right where it belongs....on the slide stop. With a strong side only grip, my thumb naturally rests between the magazine release and slide stop, and the slide locks back 100% with all my magazines.

Because it's doubtful I'd use it with a 2 handed grip in a fight, this is not a problem. Naturally, I shoot it 75% of the time one handed for the practice.

Grizz

oak1971
04-27-2011, 02:49 AM
I tried to like .380 and I tried to like the 238...but I just can't. Love Sigs and have several, but just not feeling it. Sorry.

bvkdphillips
04-27-2011, 09:43 AM
The P238 is a great little weapon. My wife and I both have one. Actually I bought myself the first one and my wife liked it so much she claimed it, so now I have two. It's very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. My keltec 3AT now rests in the safe.

Bob

anchor44
04-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Oak,
I hear you. We all have our likes and dislikes.

I shot a friend's Ruger LCP and I wouldn't own one unless it was the only firearm on earth. I disliked everything about it, but tens of thousands have sold so somebody thinks they're great.

oak1971
04-27-2011, 05:17 PM
I hear you. They are very popular and I'm sure Sig does a fine job.

allrockabilly
06-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Oak,
I hear you. We all have our likes and dislikes.

I shot a friend's Ruger LCP and I wouldn't own one unless it was the only firearm on earth. I disliked everything about it, but tens of thousands have sold so somebody thinks they're great.

I feel you on that comment. I actually bought a RUGER LCP when they came out then I even put a CT laser on it. Other than being nice and lite in my pocket I hated the dang thing. Very heavy trigger pull the sites are horrible (well there really are no sites) even after I put the CT laser on it and added a pinky extension to one of my mags I still hated the thing so I sold it.

But your right people bought and are still buying them things like crazy. I can't stand them but to each his own.

I hear you. They are very popular and I'm sure Sig does a fine job.

Yea like I said above to each his own I guess. I have gone through a lot of pocket pistols (380's) and yea I still battle with do I like the 380 round or don't I. Well like someone already mentioned in my mind it's better to have a nice 380 than to not have anything at all. I don't think I would go any smaller in caliber for a personal defense gun.

Anyways everyone has there likes and dislikes.

-Ryan S

allrockabilly
06-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Wow I need to keep looking through this forum more, I have been missing out on some good threads.

Anyways I too have fell in love with the little Sig P238. I purchased there very basic model (two tone with the ugly grey fluted grips and no night sights...etc) when they first started to become available in local gun shops. It was a great little shooter nice crisp trigger and all in all the little gun shot very well. Well I ended up trading that gun for something else mainly because I knew I wanted a newer and different model of the p238 and would get one someday soon after.

Anyways I wont keep rambling about that older one let's get to my new one that I really love.
Actually I purchased this one just a few months ago. I went out to purchase the all Black Nitron version they have with the night sights already on the gun...etc Well I ended up buying the Sig P238 SAS edition (for those who don't know the SAS edition has the carry melt treatment done to it) and it supposably comes out of there custom shop.
For being a little Mini 1911 style pistol this gun is 100 percent. The SAS edition I purchased is very well made, the carry melt treatment is a nice touch, the SigLite night sights are very nice and the Sig Sauer wood grips are actually pretty nice too. I was very surprised after buying this gun and taking it home and checking out the night sights - they are Very bright.

The function of the gun, just like my older one is very top notch and I have not had one failure of any kind shooting this little guy. I really love this gun.

One other thing is I too have no problems carrying cocked and locked in my pocket or IWB. I have read nothing but bad comments in other forums about having to carry this type of "pocket pistol" cocked and locked "Condition one" inside a pocket. Most people are not really willing to do it but I feel that this pistol and it's functions are just fine for carrying cocked and locked inside my pocket in a pocket holster or in a IWB holster.

Ok here are a couple of pics I have already but I think I need to take more so I will end up posting a couple more later. I am a little jealous - everyone here seams to have nice custom grips but I am still running the stock Sig wood grips which I think are actually pretty nice. I will eventually want to get some from Sarge. Anyways here it's is =

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/allrockabilly/6055e683.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/allrockabilly/329523f8.jpg

Sorry for the green sticky over the serial, I took this picture a while ago to post on another site and really didn't want my serial out there.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/allrockabilly/b9e9c26a.jpg

I will try and post some better pics later and next time I hit the range I will do a range report and take some pics.

Thanks,
-Ryan S

bald1
06-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Ryan,

Do you find yourself carrying your P238 more than your Kahr PM9? Just curious :)

allrockabilly
06-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Ryan,

Do you find yourself carrying your P238 more than your Kahr PM9? Just curious :)

Actually yes. I use to carry my Kahr PM9 everywhere but once I bought this new P238 if I am in a situation where my new CCO is just a little much I carry the P238. The PM9 has just sat in the safe for a couple of months now. I am almost always wearing cargo pants or shorts and the P238 inside the DeSantis Nemisis or Galco leather pocket holster just fits in my front pocket perfect. I do have a DeSantis Pocket holster for my Kahr PM9 but in my opinion at least for me it's a little big for my pocket. When I carry my PM9 I carry it in a cheap blackhawk IWB holster that fits it perfect and I carry appendix position and I can't really tell its there. I sometimes carry my P238 appendix position as well if my pockets are to full.

I have probably been picking the P238 to carry over the PM9 because of it's 1911 style and all alloy frame...etc

Don't get me wrong for a DA only striker fire little polymer 9mm (Kahr PM9) I really like it. It's very small, slim and reliable which is great for conceal carry. And I think the Kahr pistols have some of the nicest DA triggers IMO. I also Have the little Kahr P380 and it is just as smooth and is very accurate, it's a little smaller and lighter than the P238 but I have been trying to stick to the 1911 style gun just to keep up with my muscle memory...etc.

WELL, sorry I know this is just a bunch of my thoughts and ramblings. I am not sure if this helped answer your question :confused:. Are you thinking of getting a PM9 or just wondering my preference.
I am sure I will still bounce between the 2 in different situations they are both great guns. But hey I just love 1911's and the style of the small P238. I wish someone would figure out how To make something like the 238 but maybe a little bit bigger (not much) but have it chambered in 9mm.

-Ryan S

allrockabilly
06-15-2011, 06:33 PM
I still only have 2 of the 6 round mags. I really need to break down and find one or some of those new Xgrip 7round mags.

MajO
06-15-2011, 11:17 PM
I bought my Sig 238 for easier concealed carry. I carry in in a pocket holster. At the range, I did have several stovepipe's with winchester whitebox (Walmart), but not so much now. Overall, I am happy with it, for what it is.

Best wishes,

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=106

allrockabilly
06-16-2011, 07:48 AM
I bought my Sig 238 for easier concealed carry. I carry in in a pocket holster. At the range, I did have several stovepipe's with winchester whitebox (Walmart), but not so much now. Overall, I am happy with it, for what it is.

Best wishes,

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=106

Sweet someone else with the SAS edition. :toast:

MajO
06-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Sweet someone else with the SAS edition. :toast:

Apparently, great minds, and people with excellent taste, think alike. :D ;)

bald1
06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Ryan,

Thanks for that detailed response. It's much appreciated. I asked because at one time I packed a P11 9mm as my BUG. Had it for over a decade. With the factory belt clip it slid nicely inside my pants. Very reliable as it went bang every time I pulled the trigger. BUT it was an absolute POS to shoot.... long heavy trigger pull despite being fluffed 'n buffed. It simply didn't lend itself to any decent range time so although reliable it wasn't a second nature BUG. My son has it now and with his bigger hands loves it. Go figure :)

I also had an AMT 380 Backup II which was one of the good ones they built. But it too was not ergonomically friendly for my hand requiring a major grip shift for my thumb to be able to snick off the safety. It also was a POS to shoot at the range. After well over a decade of ownership it got traded in on a Mossy 500.

The P238 is a different kettle of fish. Fun to shoot. Very accurate. Great ergonomics. Easy to carry concealed condition one and deploy quickly. An excellent BUG. I too use it as a prime when my CCO (stoked with Winchester Ranger RA45TP 230gr +P JHP) doesn't make sense to carry. It may not be a 9mm but the little 380 works as a close range defensive caliber especially with Buffalo Bore 27A 100gr +P hardcast flatnose or Winchester Q4206 95gr JHP-FN. BTW mine is a basic Nitron without nite sights with a build date of May '10. I'm quite pleased with the CCO/P238 combination. I had flirted with the notion of the new Kahr CM9 (cheaper version of the PM9) simply for the 9mm chambering but that has long since passed. Your experience simply reaffirms that my thinking was spot on!

allrockabilly
06-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Ryan,

Thanks for that detailed response. It's much appreciated. I asked because at one time I packed a P11 9mm as my BUG. Had it for over a decade. With the factory belt clip it slid nicely inside my pants. Very reliable as it went bang every time I pulled the trigger. BUT it was an absolute POS to shoot.... long heavy trigger pull despite being fluffed 'n buffed. It simply didn't lend itself to any decent range time so although reliable it wasn't a second nature BUG. My son has it now and with his bigger hands loves it. Go figure :)

I also had an AMT 380 Backup II which was one of the good ones they built. But it too was not ergonomically friendly for my hand requiring a major grip shift for my thumb to be able to snick off the safety. It also was a POS to shoot at the range. After well over a decade of ownership it got traded in on a Mossy 500.

The P238 is a different kettle of fish. Fun to shoot. Very accurate. Great ergonomics. Easy to carry concealed condition one and deploy quickly. An excellent BUG. I too use it as a prime when my CCO (stoked with Winchester Ranger RA45TP 230gr +P JHP) doesn't make sense to carry. It may not be a 9mm but the little 380 works as a close range defensive caliber especially with Buffalo Bore 27A 100gr +P hardcast flatnose or Winchester Q4206 95gr JHP-FN. BTW mine is a basic Nitron without nite sights with a build date of May '10. I'm quite pleased with the CCO/P238 combination. I had flirted with the notion of the new Kahr CM9 (cheaper version of the PM9) simply for the 9mm chambering but that has long since passed. Your experience simply reaffirms that my thinking was spot on!

Yea it's kind of funny because after that response I thought I would carry my PM9 today and it is a very nice carry gun. I do think that Kahr makes some of the nices DA Triggers in these types of pistols. It is actually really pleasant to shoot. I don't think I will get rid of it anytime soon since it is such a nice and small CC pistol in 9mm and well let's just say I paid a pretty penny for it. Kahr is proud of there little pistols but they do scream quality IMO. I would like to check out one of the MK9's which is basically the same as the PM9 but with a SS frame...etc but I don't think I have ever seen one in a gun shop before. Yea the new CM9 is definitely a good buy for the price compared to the PM9, of course the PM9 has the little quality differences.

Anyways it's all about personal preference I guess. I do really like my P238 and with some of the 380 ammo (9mm short) they have these days it will definitely do the job if you do yours.

Alright I gotta run. I will chat with you again soon.

-Ryan S

allrockabilly
06-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Couple different pics of my Sig P238 SAS edition.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/allrockabilly/Misc%20Gun%20pics/P238SAS6.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/allrockabilly/Misc%20Gun%20pics/P238SAS2.jpg

Just Was going through my pics and found a couple more.

-Ryan S

JimF4M1s
02-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Xxxxx

Grizzman
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
I recently read on the big forum that Partsproduction has begun working again on the Aluminum mainspring housings.

I've got one of his stainless triggers in mine, and it works very well.

Grizz

titanse05
02-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Here is mine with the stainless steel trigger and painted grips.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk

MajO
02-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I was just purusing the Sig website, looking for the 238, when I stumbled across this information:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p938-blackwood.aspx

With the introduction of the P938, SIG SAUER now offers the ballistic advantage of the 9mm cartridge in a platform similar in size to the best-selling P238 pistol. A single-action-only trigger, coupled with full-size SIGLITE® Night Sights makes the P938 handle like a much larger pistol, yet is still easy to carry concealed.

With dimensions just slightly larger than its .380ACP counterpart, the P938 packs six plus one rounds of
9mm into an all-metal frame. The cocked-and-locked single-action trigger gives the P938 unmatched
accuracy in a pistol its size.

Very interesting....
:wave:

Grizzman
02-29-2012, 08:48 PM
I was just purusing the Sig website, looking for the 238, when I stumbled across this information:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p938-blackwood.aspx

With the introduction of the P938, SIG SAUER now offers the ballistic advantage of the 9mm cartridge in a platform similar in size to the best-selling P238 pistol. A single-action-only trigger, coupled with full-size SIGLITE® Night Sights makes the P938 handle like a much larger pistol, yet is still easy to carry concealed.

With dimensions just slightly larger than its .380ACP counterpart, the P938 packs six plus one rounds of
9mm into an all-metal frame. The cocked-and-locked single-action trigger gives the P938 unmatched
accuracy in a pistol its size.

Very interesting....
:wave:

Yes it is very interesting, and I've been thinking about them for a while. If the 938 price is similar to that of the 238, I'll likely pick one up also.

Grizz

MajO
02-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Yes it is very interesting, and I've been thinking about them for a while. If the 938 price is similar to that of the 238, I'll likely pick one up also.

Grizz

Grizz,

Pictures can be deceiving, but the gun and specs do look remarkably like the 238, with the added kick of 9 mm. I am not in the market. I am thinking that my next project will be either a Dan Wesson, or an AR platform.

Have a great day. :party:

Grizzman
02-29-2012, 10:14 PM
I doubt it'll be available before October. I should have plenty of time to take care of other "needs" first. haha

Grizz

Sheepdog
02-29-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm waiting on the 938. I've held one and they are really nice. By the way my buddies SOLO is on it's 3rd trip to Kimber.

Trekinhipe
01-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey Bald1, I'm with you with carrying: DW CCO in jacket months, and P238 for t-shirt weather. If any of you guys haven't tried Old Faithful Holsters, check 'em out. I love the one for my DW, and waiting for one for my Sig. Really comfortable, and with my 4 oclock carry, I often forget i've got it on, even in the summer months.

Trekinhipe
01-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Gonna try this picture post thing one more time, Dag nabbit!

KeystoneWeaponBK
12-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm waiting on the 938. I've held one and they are really nice. By the way my buddies SOLO is on it's 3rd trip to Kimber.

Hey Sheepdog, My wife has a P938… the 9MM just made more sense to me although my sister carries the p238. The 938 has had it's issues from what I understand during it's early stages but the one we have is a little rockstar, even cycles my lower-velocity (1000ft/s) Lead reloads with absolute reliability. I carry it occasionally, sometimes even in my motorcycle boot in a "Versa-Carry" holster because it's so small.

We actually traded in a Colt New Agent to get it and I must say that we both like it a heck of a lot better for what it's worth nanner