PDA

View Full Version : Has

NAMVET72
07-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Anyone read the Wilson Combat Forum lately on the 1911 Forum, I just read " Where even their Custom 1911's are having problems." So now you know why I think all manufactures have problems sometimes.......

Clyde

jmlutz
07-22-2011, 05:59 PM
It happens with all gun makers, right after I got my 09 Valor and had to send it back, my shooting buddy here had to do the same thing with his Bill Wilson Carry Model, neither one of were very happpy, but that's just the way it is sometimes. We both got our pistols back very quickly, and both have been excellent:) Mike

MPrimo
07-22-2011, 07:46 PM
I have owned one Wilson and was not impressed with it's accuracy compared to a Valor ... it sure was a beautiful piece of work though. And it was reliable.
Regarding issues with new guns, I just ordered a brand new, fairly high end sporting clays shotgun (around $5k) and when I got it, the trigger was sticky and did not reset reliably. I boxed it back up in the shop and had them send it right back. I know I could have fixed it but not for that kind of investment. Needless to say, I was disappointed ... but it happens. I am confident they will straighten it out.

230gr
08-05-2011, 08:22 AM
For that kind of investment, I mean from the pricepoint of a TRP and on up, I've not been thrilled with either the quality of the internals or the reported problems such as these from any manufacturer.
I've become a naysayer in that way, it seems that initial quality going out the door isn't there and I mean obvious stuff that we seem to see on Springfields. Cosmetic (debatable), just look it over in your hand, function check it, flip that safety on and off, a 30 sec cursory inspection is all I ask because it seems to be obvious stuff and that's what concerns me and why I'm building my own guns.

herefordman1
08-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Not unlike most things you purchase today, gun manufacturers don't make all the parts that go into their products. When you rely on someone else and don't do it yourself it becomes more likely for quality, specifications and materials to suffer.
That's just the way it is nowadays.

Jim

230gr
08-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Im more concerned with errors in assembly, the stuff that they do have direct control over, before it leaves the door. Low(er) grade parts don't concern me as much as ham-fisted assembly. I realize the difference between custom and semi custom and then production guns but its obvious problems at any price point that irk me.

Neener Neener
08-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Well, I am no 1911 guru, but my CQB has been nothing but perfect so far. Being I am not the most 1911 smart erson, there may be something I am missing that other s may catch. However, being oblivious to it stil keeps me happy!:D I am certain every manufacturer has some get out that are not up to par. High end ones should have the fewest instances of this happening, though.

DrHenley
08-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Not unlike most things you purchase today, gun manufacturers don't make all the parts that go into their products. When you rely on someone else and don't do it yourself it becomes more likely for quality, specifications and materials to suffer.
Jim

As Dave Severns said:
"the worst quality part in a Dan Wesson is an Ed Brown part”

That speaks VOLUMES...

Riverpigusmc
08-10-2011, 09:06 PM
My CQB has been pretty much perfect and shoots cloverleafs..but i got mine before the Arkansas floods and flu shut the shop down in Berryville and backed them up. They have over 1800 guns in the works now, and a few bad ones are gonna get through. On the other hand, how can you beat a company that is so proactive as Wilson, what with the WCR being in a forum answering questions and addressing problems and being on top of things?
Their guns are legend, but I think what has made their business is customer service and addressing mistakes...but, thats just my opinion, and worth what anyone paid for it:)