PDA

View Full Version : Why are kalifornia demorats.......

Roverron
05-28-2013, 09:50 PM
...so darn stupid?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/28/california-dems-push-anti-fracking-bills/

California is on the verge of a new gold rush. Expanded hydraulic fracturing -- or "fracking" -- at the Monterey Shale formation is sparking estimates that 15 billion barrels of oil could be accessed, along with millions of jobs and huge contributions to the domestic energy supply.

Even the state's green-friendly Democratic governor, Jerry Brown, says "the potential is extraordinary."

But standing in the way is a flurry of anti-fracking bills. At last count, 10 were on the table, all introduced by Democrats seeking tighter controls over the controversial technology.

Some of the measures take aim at how crude is extracted from rock layers beyond the reach of conventional drilling.

Riverpigusmc
05-28-2013, 10:11 PM
They could f*** up a bowl of cream of Wheat

deputybpfife
05-28-2013, 10:48 PM
My parents left that ignorant state when I was 12 years old...best thing they could've ever done!

skosh69
05-29-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm no expert on the matter, but from what I know, "fracking" is bad for the enviroment and is the worst way to get oil.

That being said, the idiots that other Californians elected, not me could definetely eff up boiling a pot of water.

Boats
05-29-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm no expert on the matter, but from what I know, "fracking" is bad for the enviroment and is the worst way to get oil.

That being said, the idiots that other Californians elected, not me could definetely eff up boiling a pot of water.

There are always two sides to a story.

I've read plenty of things that throw cold water on the "bad for the environment" argument. Not saying they are true, but like "climate theory", I distrust objections by environmentalists who have already proven themselves to be lying bastards.

Now it might be more expensive, but that's for the oil companies to work out.

Just my two cents. Worth what you payed for it.

Tom

skosh69
05-29-2013, 03:13 PM
There are always two sides to a story.

I've read plenty of things that throw cold water on the "bad for the environment" argument. Not saying they are true, but like "climate theory", I distrust objections by environmentalists who have already proven themselves to be lying bastards.

Now it might be more expensive, but that's for the oil companies to work out.

Just my two cents. Worth what you payed for it.

Tom

True that Tom, true that.

Bottom line, America has plenty of oil fields/places to drill. But the damn enviromentalists are the ones keeping us dependant on foriegn oil!

Roverron
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
And yet one of the biggest FBHO supporters is GE and...

One of America's corporate giants is investing billions of dollars in the new boom of oil and gas drilling, or fracking. General Electric Co. is opening a new laboratory in Oklahoma, buying up related companies, and placing a big bet that cutting-edge science will improve profits for clients and reduce the environmental and health effects of the boom.
"We like the oil and gas base because we see the need for resources for a long time to come," said Mark Little, a senior vice president. He said GE did "almost nothing" in oil and gas just over a decade ago but has invested more than $15 billion in the past few years.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/28/ge-says-it-is-investing-billions-to-improve-fracking-oil-drilling/#ixzz2UiHKk8p5

DrHenley
05-30-2013, 08:26 AM
I was taken in by the anti-fracking propaganda. Then I learned that it is just that - propaganda, with less actual science behind it than global warming.

The dire things they blamed on fracking were actually already occurring prior to fracking. Read the claims carefully. They go something like this: "Methane ground water contamination is higher near fracking sites." Yeah, because the methane concentrations are and always have been higher in those areas, long before fracking. THAT'S WHY THE GAS WELLS ARE THERE AND NOT SOMEWHERE ELSE! Natural gas is primarily methane.

Correlation does not prove causality!

Every time you FART, YOU release methane!

You have to look at foreign media to find out that THIS YEAR, the U.S. EPA estimates of methane leakage from fracking has gone down 20%, even though production has gone up by 40%:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Fracking-gas-leak-estimates-lowered/tabid/1160/articleID/295881/Default.aspx

BTW, my father has a degree in geological engineering. I have a PhD in Chemical Engineering.