PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does this seem creepy like "1984"?

Roverron
05-29-2013, 09:43 PM
“Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe,” she said. "This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities.”

"At least 200 Wal-Mart stores will roll out security announcements within 24 hours, Wal-Mart spokesman Dan Fogleman said. By month's end, 588 stores in 27 states will be participating in the program. A short video featuring Napolitano will appear on TV screens at select checkout lanes, asking Wal-Mart shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40552073/ns/us_news-security/t/homeland-security-taps-new-partner-terror-fight-wal-mart/#.UaajQZVNNyE

Better not buy that pressure cooker or backpacks, or heaven forbid ammo! You'll have some FSA member turning you in to DHS ........:eek:

ronpaul50
05-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Most everything about this administration is creepy.

Riverpigusmc
05-29-2013, 09:53 PM
scroom. I have a pistol, and since scout/sniper school, my situational awareness is just fine. I don't need some man looking woman to look out for me and mine

Boats
05-30-2013, 08:57 AM
scroom. I have a pistol, and since scout/sniper school, my situational awareness is just fine. I don't need some man looking woman to look out for me and mine

Yeah, but you're not one of the sheeple. The sheeple need to be protected, and fed, and told what to do and what not to do.

The government is good for you... look into my eyes and repeat after me...

The Government is good for me. I need to do everything I can to help the Government.... Just tell me what to do...

Boats

DrHenley
05-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Walmart is a private business. If they want to put cameras everywhere on their property, that is their right.

Whole different ballgame from Big Brother monitoring everyone because if you don't like it with Walmart you can just shop at Target or K-Mart.

Civilian vigilance is fine too. There is a line somewhere between vigilance and spying on people, and I can't profess to know exactly where that line is. I just know there is a difference.

Boats
05-31-2013, 08:43 AM
Walmart is a private business. If they want to put cameras everywhere on their property, that is their right.

Whole different ballgame from Big Brother monitoring everyone because if you don't like it with Walmart you can just shop at Target or K-Mart.

Civilian vigilance is fine too. There is a line somewhere between vigilance and spying on people, and I can't profess to know exactly where that line is. I just know there is a difference.

The challenge is that these kind of things are so easily abused. We already know how the police often overreact - it's in the news every day and often reported here, and after we encourage people to report anything they perceive as amiss, can you imagine the mess?

No, it puts us one step closer to a police state.

Tom