PDA

View Full Version : CBOB Price?

fjweems3
06-03-2013, 02:43 AM
I am thinking of selling my DW/CBOB in order to buy a Les Baer. What's an excellent CBOB with box and all accessories worth these days?

skosh69
06-03-2013, 03:36 PM
A lot will depend on the year of manufacture, what year is yours?

I like to keep an eye on current prices, at least here in California and here is my best guess-timates.

2005-2009's will get you $1200-$1400, sometimes $1500 for an '09, the 09's had cleaner FSC than the previous models.

2010's to present will aver. $1500 to $1650, as they have the forged frame.

Mind you, these are California prices and each area's market may or may not bring the same value.

If it were me, I would list it not only on Gunbroker.com, but also at a site called www.calguns.net. Californians are hungry for Dan Wessons, especially Cbob's as they are on our approved list.

Good luck with the sale.

fjweems3
06-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the input. Don't recall the year, but will look at it tonight. Still thinking it over. Shipping to California is a pain. Easier for an individual than a dealer...and expensive.

ronpaul50
06-03-2013, 06:07 PM
There's a CBOB in 10mm on Seattleguns.net for $1500. It's been refinished though.

Sheepdog
06-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the input. Don't recall the year, but will look at it tonight. Still thinking it over. Shipping to California is a pain. Easier for an individual than a dealer...and expensive.

Handgun sales must go from dealer to dealer, If interstate transfer.

skosh69
06-03-2013, 11:27 PM

Really? You drop the gun at your local FFL, he the ships it to the buyer, wherever that may be, ave. cost is about $35 bucks which the buyer pays. It's your gun, so it's your call.

fjweems3
06-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Unless things have changed, a dealer has to register to ship a gun into California. And individual can ship straight to a dealer. In fact, I will be sending a M1 Carbine straight to a dealer in Texas. It is that approved list in california that is the headache.

I could be wrong, but have shipped two or three guns there in the past.

skosh69
06-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Unless things have changed, a dealer has to register to ship a gun into California. And individual can ship straight to a dealer. In fact, I will be sending a M1 Carbine straight to a dealer in Texas. It is that approved list in california that is the headache.

I could be wrong, but have shipped two or three guns there in the past.

I've never heard of such a thing of a gun needing to be registered to send it to California. Shouldn't all guns be registered already when they were purchased? Unless it was some kinda back alley deal, I would assume that to be true. That's how things are done here.

t is my understanding that if you're shipping a gun across state lines, it must go from an FFL to an FFL, unless it's going back to the factory for maintenance or repair. I'm no FFL, but that is "MY" understanding of the law. Even here in California, if I want to ship a gun to my buddy somewhere else in the state, it must go FFL to FFL.

Either way, I understand your hesitance to do business with us here in California and if you re-read my first post, it was only a "suggestion" if you wanted to get the most for your Cbob.

Again, good luck with whatever route you choose.

DrHenley
06-04-2013, 08:13 PM
I've never heard of such a thing of a gun needing to be registered to send it to California. Shouldn't all guns be registered already when they were purchased? Unless it was some kinda back alley deal, I would assume that to be true. That's how things are done here.

Nope, out here in the free states, we don't have any gun registration. For face to face intrastate sales between individuals, there is no paperwork at all.

It's not "back alley"...it's NORMAL

For purchases from a dealer, or transfers requiring FFL, the dealer that does the transfer keeps a record, but it stays with the dealer. It is not "registered" with any government - local, state or federal.

skosh69
06-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Nope, out here in the free states, we don't have any gun registration. For face to face intrastate sales between individuals, there is no paperwork at all.

It's not "back alley"...it's NORMAL

For purchases from a dealer, or transfers requiring FFL, the dealer that does the transfer keeps a record, but it stays with the dealer. It is not "registered" with any government - local, state or federal.

Right, I understand that, that deals between individuals do not have to go through dealers in some states. Not arguing that point. I was merely questioning the process of having to register a gun to sell it out of state, that was all. :D

douglas_knott
06-05-2013, 04:07 AM
Registering your gun? If I walk into the dealer I pick my gun out. They run a check on me. I pay. I leave with gun minutes later and shoot when I get home. We don't register guns here.

skosh69
06-05-2013, 12:13 PM
We don't register guns here.

That may be true, but don't you guys sleep with sheep? :eek:

douglas_knott
06-05-2013, 12:47 PM
That may be true, but don't you guys sleep with sheep? :eek:

Talk to Razorwire that may be in his country in Arkansas. Lol.

dw1911
06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Slightly used CBOB for $1995.00
http://www.gunsamerica.com/989552999/DAN_WESSON_BOBTAIL_COMMANDER_C_B0B_IN_45ACP.htm#

skosh69
06-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Slightly used CBOB for $1995.00
http://www.gunsamerica.com/989552999/DAN_WESSON_BOBTAIL_COMMANDER_C_B0B_IN_45ACP.htm#

Whoever pays that price is a effin idiot!

fjweems3
06-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Some dealers will not receive from an individual. There is no law that I know that requires that.

California has that list of approved guns. I would sell it to someone there, but the last time I shipped one to California, the shipping was a killer.

dw1911
06-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Whoever pays that price is a effin idiot!

Agreed! That is too much! :eek:

skosh69
06-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Some dealers will not receive from an individual. There is no law that I know that requires that.

California has that list of approved guns. I would sell it to someone there, but the last time I shipped one to California, the shipping was a killer.

I hear ya...Oh yeah, what year is your Cbob???

fjweems3
06-13-2013, 02:36 AM
I think it is a 2009. How do you tell?

douglas_knott
06-13-2013, 09:27 AM
I think it is a 2009. How do you tell?

The serial number. What is it? That is how you tell.

fjweems3
06-13-2013, 11:50 AM
If my memory is correct, CZ9XXX. I will check to confirm later.

douglas_knott
06-13-2013, 03:24 PM
If my memory is correct, CZ9XXX. I will check to conform later.

its a 2009 model then and the other number are the production number. hope this helps

fjweems3
06-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks, that is what I thought.