PDA

View Full Version : Found a CCO: bought it!

wheelyfun44
06-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Hey All,
no pics or range report yet, as I cannot pick up this NIB CCO until Mon.

But, for the past three months or so, this DW CCO was just sitting behind the glass....every time I went in to the shop, I would eyeball it and think, if it is here next time....I'll buy it.

Well, it kept sitting and sitting, me not having the money but not believing that it wasn't selling.

So, I finally bought it. Can't believe the feel and quality of this pistol.
(now I am trying to sell off my most valuable revolver to fund it....):o

lots more to follow, next week!

douglas_knott
06-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Congrats. What are you selling?

Riverpigusmc
06-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Always great to get a quality pistol

Sheepdog
06-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Congrats!

:pics:

wheelyfun44
06-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Congrats. What are you selling?

Selling a brand new, customized Ruger SP101.
Gemini Customs did the work, and although it is one of my dream guns....my budget only allows one gun at a time worth over $1,000. :o

I have it on Gunbroker and several other forums, and will post it here, if there is a classifieds section?

wheelyfun44
06-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Congrats!

:pics:

Pics and full report to come mid to late week.
I bought it in a different state, and it is being shipped to my FFL.
I live on the NH/VT border, and gun shops all are used to shipping across the river.

wheelyfun44
06-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Additional question:
Is a bushing wrench necessary to remove the barrel bushing on a CCO?
Does DW include one in the factory case?

thanks!

Roverron
06-17-2013, 09:30 AM
great gun. Mine didn't come with the wrench but those are standard; and Yes unless you want to chase springs or caps the wrench makes it easy to undo return spring/barrel bushing. Now you'll need a holster--some great holster/belt makers here and then if you want new BBQ grips, there's several of those fellas here also!

wheelyfun44
06-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks Ron,
Hopefully I can find a bushing wrench in one of my local shops......
I know I can order one online....but I need one for when I pick up the CCO, as the first thing I am going to do is field strip, lube, shoot!

thanks

Sheepdog
06-17-2013, 11:08 AM
You can do it without it, unless it is really tight? Just be careful. I never use a bushing wrench except for really tight bushings.

Yes, it should come with one.

ronpaul50
06-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks Ron,
Hopefully I can find a bushing wrench in one of my local shops......
I know I can order one online....but I need one for when I pick up the CCO, as the first thing I am going to do is field strip, lube, shoot!

thanks

http://1911doctor.com/ACW_1911_Takedown_Tool.php

These work great for reassembly. I always disassemble by removing the slide first then remove the bushing and barrel.

wheelyfun44
06-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes, it came with one!
Picked it up this afternoon, and man....I'm in love :o

ColMike
06-18-2013, 04:42 AM
You can do it without it, unless it is really tight? Just be careful. I never use a bushing wrench except for really tight bushings.

Yes, it should come with one.

Wear eye protection. I recommend a tool by Alchemy custom weaponary http://1911doctor.com/ACW_1911_Takedown_Tool.php