PDA

View Full Version : The Secret Supreme Court

Roverron
07-07-2013, 10:56 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/us/in-secret-court-vastly-broadens-powers-of-nsa.html?hp&_r=1&

The 11-member Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, known as the FISA court, was once mostly focused on approving case-by-case wiretapping orders. But since major changes in legislation and greater judicial oversight of intelligence operations were instituted six years ago, it has quietly become almost a parallel Supreme Court, serving as the ultimate arbiter on surveillance issues and delivering opinions that will most likely shape intelligence practices for years to come, the officials said.

Great, a secret 4th branch of government............
Just great!

DrHenley
07-07-2013, 11:58 AM
a single judge signs most surveillance orders, which totaled nearly 1,800 last year. None of the requests from the intelligence agencies was denied, according to the court.

So they just rubber stamp any and all requests from the intelligence agencies.

Riverpigusmc
07-07-2013, 12:06 PM
I gotta get a new shocked face. Mine's wore slap out

markbob45
07-07-2013, 12:58 PM
This is not the same country I was born in. I fear that we are seeing the beginning of the end. Future generations will not know the meaning of freedom.

douglas_knott
07-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I say we fight. We need to get our country back.

dw1911
07-07-2013, 02:08 PM
I say we fight. We need to get our country back.

I say DITTO. Fight! :mad: It's OUR Country, founded by Men that wrote our Constitution, and Bill of Rights. That 2nd Amendment was put there just for what is going on right now. To PROTECT US from:
A VERY Tyrannical Government!
MOLON LABE!