PDA

View Full Version : Tell Us

NAMVET72
08-07-2011, 05:57 PM
About your Military History.

Clyde

NAMVET72
08-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I will be first went into the NAVY in 1969 went to Boot Camp in Great Lakes, then next orders were to Field Medical Service School (FMSS) is located on Camp Johnson (Montford Point), Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune, N.C. where I Earned the Highest And Best Qualification FMF Medic. Or better known as Doc then in May of 1970 got sent to my first Tour in Nam, an when that was over Volunteered for my second tour. Even though that time took a toll on me, those were the Best Part of my time in the NAVY. Then got to came home on leave then went to 3 Carriers, 1 Battleship, 2 Tin Cans, AWOL/ Deserter Chaser. During got to work with the NAVY's Best SEALS twice..........

All my Old Military friends still call me "Doc"............

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh450/NAVET74/imagesCAZJ5QBV.jpg

CORPSMAN UP!
OUT OF BOOT THE SAILOR SAVIORS
ONTO CORPS SCHOOL WITH HIS PAPERS
CORPSMAN UP! THE MARINES WILL SAY
KNOWING THAT SAILOR IS ON HIS WAY
HE LEAVES HIS WHITES, HIS BLUES OVER HERE
TO WEAR HIS BDU'S OVER THERE
WITH STRENGTH AND COURAGE HE WILL DREAD
THE HURT, THE WOUNDED, AND THE DEAD
EVERY DAY WITH ONE THING IN MIND
NO MARINE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND
HOW BRAVE THESE CORPSMAN DO YOU SAY?
HOW BRAVE THESE CORPSMAN FOR WHOM I PRAY?
BULLETS FLY, CHAOS ABOUND
THE CORPSMAN THEY KNOW CAN ALWAYS BE FOUND
WITH ALL THE KNOWLEDGE AND THE CARE
THOSE BRAVE MARINES MUST NEVER DESPAIR
CORPSMAN UP! THE MARINES WILL SAY
KNOWING THAT SAILOR IS ON HIS WAY

Clyde

AutoMag
08-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Thank you very much for this new forum Alex!!!!:)Clyde

MajO
08-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I seved in the Air Force from February 1970 to May 1978; Delaware National Guard from 1989 to 1992; and Army Reserve from 1992 to 2004.

230gr
08-07-2011, 06:27 PM
US Air Force

26 Mar 91 - 7 May 91 -- Lackland AFB, 3743d Basic Military Training Sq
8 May 91 - 3 Jul 91 -- Lowry AFB, CO, 3461st Student Squadron (Supply School)
20 Jul 91 - 3 Jul 92 -- Osan Air Base, Korea, 51st Supply Sq
2 Aug 92 - 1 Jun 98 -- Altus AFB, OK, 97th Supply Sq
**18 Nov 93 - 18 Dec 93 -- Mombassa, Kenya, 306th Air Refueling Sq (deployed for UN Op's in Somalia)
7 Jun 98 - ETS on 22 Jan 04 -- Sheppard AFB, TX, 383d Training Sq (Special Duty as a Military Training Leader)

BlackKnight
08-07-2011, 06:50 PM
USMC 18 Oct 84 to 11 Jan 85 - Recruit (long story)
USNR 28 Jul 93 to 28 Jul 01 - SeaBee (BU3)

To all who served, thank you.

Riverpigusmc
08-07-2011, 07:06 PM
USMC 1979-1984
Boot camp at parris Island
Infantry training School at Camp Geiger
Stationed at Camp Lejeune, went on 2 floats on LPD's, the Austin and the Trenton, spent time in 9 different countries, some of them twice, from jungle to Artic Circle..made some friends AND enemies in those countries. Anyway, thanks for letting me check in

Mike

skosh69
08-08-2011, 09:27 PM
US Army 1990-1997

Basic Training, Ft. Knox Kentucky Oct 1990 to Jan 1991

Harvey Barracks, Kitzengen Germany Feb 1991 to July 1991
4/69 Armor, 3rd ID

Ft. Polk, Louisiana July 1991 to Aug 1992 (Moved Division to Ft. Hood, TX)
1/70 AR, 5th ID

Ft. Hood, Texas Aug 1992 to June 1994
1/70th Ar 5th ID redesignated to 1/66 AR, 2nd Armored Div.-Gen Pattons Div.

Ft. Stewart, Georgia June 1994 to Feb 1997,
1/64 AR, 24th ID then redesgnated 1/64th AR, 3rd ID

I made E-5 Sergeant in just under 4 yrs and made the cut-off to get promoted to E-6 Staff Sergeant but didn't have enough time left, I had less than 4 mos to ETS, I would've had to extend for at least a year to get pinned. That's o.k., my DD214 says E-6!

It was a pleasure serving my country and meeting great people from all around.

ps. My father retired from the Navy after 20 plus yrs. and my brother served 4yrs in the Marines, two of that in Vietnam and served 16 yrs in the Air Force Reserves.

So our family has a four of the branched covered, maybe someday someone will join the Coast Guard.

Thedragonslayer
08-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Thank you all for your service to this great Country. May we never forget!

SemperFi1977m
08-09-2011, 02:24 AM
In 1995 went to enlist with the Corps as a scout/sniper....let my parents talk me out of it. They talked me into seeing a Navy recruiter...I passed the nuke-test...but it wasnt for me. Sullivans are fight'n men; we were raised in the woods and with a rifle in our hands. I would be a Marine, or I would be nothing.

After 9/11 went to enlist again....let my then-wife talk me out of it. I made a deal with her: as long as they didn't need men, I would not answer my nation's call....if they did, I was bound by duty to answer it.

2004: USMC enlistments did not meet quotas.....so I enlisted as scout/sniper. I had to put a year in the grunts to get into the program.

August 2005: medical discharge for major complications from fallen arches :-(. Never got to be a scout/sniper.....but 0311 is the pride of the Corps!

I miss it everyday.

My parents didnt speak to me for almost a year, it put my college education on hold. Jody paid the Mrs a visit, and it cost me my marriage and the health of my feet......but I'd do it all over again if they let me! I love this country and the Corps. Semper Fidelis is a creedo I live my entire life by and I dont regret a thing I did. I think every man worth his salt deep-inside wonders if he could "pack-the-gear" if the S*** hit the fan....I know I wonder it myself. I'll never know....but I hope I wouldve served with distinction and honor if I was put to the test.

I don't share these thoughts with just anyone and I'm not a whiny candya**.....but here I'm amongst friends :-), and feel comfortable with sharing.

Semper Fidelis, God Bless, and thank you to all of you who have put it all on the line for this blessed nation.Clyde

SemperFi1977m
08-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Its true what they say, "Once a Marine, always a Marine". I carry with me the memories of Marines before me....and I believe its what makes Marines carry themselves as the do today in the present. Belleau Wood, Iwo Jima, Khe Sahn, Hue City, The Chosin Reservoir, the Arizona Territory, the DMZ, Hill 488, Guadacanal, Midway, Fallujah......the men before us who faced unsurmountable odds and percevered. Hitting the beaches of Iwo no matter how much fear was racking their guts....or how much incoming on an open beach. Charging through Hue, on the offensive...greatly outnumbered....doing the impossible(a successful offensive outnumbered in an urban environment) Holding Khe Sahn... besieged for months, surrounded, under constant barrage. Fighting their way out of the Chosin...a division written off as lost, outnumbered by hordes of Chinese...the wounded fighting prone from jeeps. Taking trenches from well-armed, machinegun-wielding Krauts at Bellau Wood....with nothing more than bolt action rifles, bayonets, and shovels.
These are the men who came before us....men we could only wish to honor by our own service. They are what makes a current Marine so proud....makes him carry himself with such pride. As long as there is a United States Marine Corps....there will be this great, free, blessed nation. Semper Fidelis, and God Bless

BlackKnight
08-09-2011, 12:34 PM
In 1995 went to enlist with the Corps as a scout/sniper....let my parents talk me out of it. They talked me into seeing a Navy recruiter...I passed the nuke-test...but it wasnt for me. Sullivans are fight'n men; we were raised in the woods and with a rifle in our hands. I would be a Marine, or I would be nothing.

After 9/11 went to enlist again....let my then-wife talk me out of it. I made a deal with her: as long as they didn't need men, I would not answer my nation's call....if they did, I was bound by duty to answer it.

2004: USMC enlistments did not meet quotas.....so I enlisted as scout/sniper. I had to put a year in the grunts to get into the program.

August 2005: medical discharge for major complications from fallen arches :-(. Never got to be a scout/sniper.....but 0311 is the pride of the Corps!

I miss it everyday.

My parents didnt speak to me for almost a year, it put my college education on hold. Jody paid the Mrs a visit, and it cost me my marriage and the health of my feet......but I'd do it all over again if they let me! I love this country and the Corps. Semper Fidelis is a creedo I live my entire life by and I dont regret a thing I did. I think every man worth his salt deep-inside wonders if he could "pack-the-gear" if the S*** hit the fan....I know I wonder it myself. I'll never know....but I hope I wouldve served with distinction and honor if I was put to the test.

I don't share these thoughts with just anyone and I'm not a whiny candya**.....but here I'm amongst friends :-), and feel comfortable with sharing.

Semper Fidelis, God Bless, and thank you to all of you who have put it all on the line for this blessed nation.Clyde
I ironic you mentioned this. When I first enlisted my father pretty much disowned me. Told me to never return. It was fear talking as he came from a culture that hated and feared their military and police. He has since learned and accepted that ours are different.

Riverpigusmc
08-09-2011, 08:55 PM

I miss it everyday.

Semper Fi. Ya didnt miss any glory by not going to Quantico. Went through the battalion level school, hence the "Pig" and not "Hog". Mostly hard work and travel and doing stuff ya didnt really want to do in the first place:) At least you would have gotten the secondary MOS, though:)

Neil Casper
08-09-2011, 10:08 PM
I originally joined the NAVY in the fall of 1962 to be an Electronics Technician (Nuclear) in the Polaris sub program. That lasted until the second week of boot camp at Great Lakes. They sent me to Engineman school instead. Well, at least they both start with an E.

After school I was stationed aboard the ammo ship USS Mauna Loa AE-8 from June '63 to June '66, three years of ear drum pounding time in the diesel engine room. They sent me to AC/R school and I never worked in that field after graduation.

In July '66 they sent me to the Naval Support Activity, DaNang, RSVN. I was aboard the LCU-1484 hauling stuff to Dong Ha, Hue, Phu Bai, and Chu Lai.

Somewhere in there I spent about 3-4 months at the Ship Repair Facility in Subic Bay, P.I.

I got out in July '67 as a third class petty officer with not enough time left in service to get my E-5 rank.

My son was a NAVY Corpsman who served with the USMC in Desert Storm. He wore MARINE greenClyde more than NAVY blues.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and hope to share knowledge.

Thedragonslayer
08-09-2011, 10:48 PM
I originally joined the NAVY in the fall of 1962 to be an Electronics Technician (Nuclear) in the Polaris sub program. That lasted until the second week of boot camp at Great Lakes. They sent me to Engineman school instead. Well, at least they both start with an E.

After school I was stationed aboard the ammo ship USS Mauna Loa AE-8 from June '63 to June '66, three years of ear drum pounding time in the diesel engine room. They sent me to AC/R school and I never worked in that field after graduation.

In July '66 they sent me to the Naval Support Activity, DaNang, RSVN. I was aboard the LCU-1484 hauling stuff to Dong Ha, Hue, Phu Bai, and Chu Lai.

Somewhere in there I spent about 3-4 months at the Ship Repair Facility in Subic Bay, P.I.

I got out in July '67 as a third class petty officer with not enough time left in service to get my E-5 rate.

My son was a NAVY Corpsman who served with the USMC in Desert Storm. He wore MARINE greenClyde more than NAVY blues.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and hope to share knowledge.

Neil welcome and thank you for your service!

Old Draftsman
11-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I was in the Navy. :D

Daedalus
11-05-2011, 05:11 PM
U.s.a.f. , 1962 - 1966

Snipersnest
11-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Parris Island then Lejune for ITR. Memphis for school, made high Marine in my class, and got to choose my billet....2yrs in Hawaii. Shipped out on the USS Breckinridge for Hawaii. Docked in Pearl and caught duty section aboard the ship. Spent 26 hrs in Hawaii out of a 2yr assignment and never left the ship! My assigned outfit got shipped out to Okinawa. Went to Oki then on to Japan and from there two tours in Nam (Chu Lai and Ky Ha). Flew the door in UH-34D's. Was not a Marine sniper, but was a police sniper.

ed32hall
11-19-2011, 08:48 PM
US Navy, Nuclear Machinist Mate E-6/SS, Jan 1987 - Dec 1994
Boot Camp, "A" School, Nuclear Power School in Orlando Florida
Prototype training in Idaho Falls, ID
San Diego about the USS Gurnard / SSN-662 for 3 years
Back to Idaho Falls as an Instructor to finish out.

Thanks you everyone for your service. It is truly appreciated. Ed

yankee2500
01-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Army 75 - 78

Ft Benning 2/10 FA

Unit Armorer & Supply

Got out as an E-4 they offered me E-5 to re up but it was time to go.:cool:

DaFadda
01-22-2012, 01:07 PM
US Air Force, Strategic Air Command 32672C (AMS-Electronic Warfare)
1976 - 1980
Lackland
Nellis, Las Vegas, NV
Plattsburgh, NY

"We neither confirm nor deny the existence of Nuclear weapons at this military installation."

onegun
01-28-2012, 09:40 PM
CWO, US Army Counterintelligence (1961-1981)

Korea, Germany, Vietnam, Italy, Germany, Korea, Germany & a couple of special details in CONUS.

JBT
02-18-2012, 09:38 PM
USAF 1984-1994 Medical
IARNG 1996-1999 Military Police
USAFR 1999-2004 Security Forces (Active)

Bergstrom AFB TX, Kunsan AB ROK, MacDill AFB FL, Riyadh AB SA, Stout Field IN, Grissom ARB IN

Pawpaw
02-18-2012, 11:21 PM
USAF 1972 - 1994

Secure Communications

mjkortan
02-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Pissed off about 911 boot camp June 2003 infantry...
1st Bn 2nd Marines. Two deployments To Iraq got some then got beat up last month of second deployment. Hit two IED'S. lost 3 great friends and brothers in arms.
Then 1/6, one deployment To the gan lots of inderect and random Small arms but all in all nothing compared to Iraq. Currently pending orders to 2/7 hoping to get back sooner than later to gain back what little bit those f@@let's took from me and my brothers.

Semper fi, Matt. Austin and Brian,,, this ones for you my brothers.

JimF4M1s
02-19-2012, 02:18 AM
Xxxxx

Boats
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
USN, 1971-1992.

E1-E6 Boatswains Mate, O1-O4 Unrestricted Line Surface Warfare.

Among the last of the Navy NESEPs.

Fair Winds and Following Seas to all my Navy Shipmates, past and present.

Happy to be here, and proud to serve!

Madera, Ca
10-28-2012, 12:08 PM
USAF

Enlisted in '81
'82 to '85 March AFB, Regional Hospital
'85 to '87 Izmir, Turkey, as an EMT in the Clinic there.
'90 to '92 Travis AFB with the reserves flying aeromedical evacuation.