PDA

View Full Version : Seattle is off and running again!

Roverron
08-02-2013, 01:23 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/02/seattle-officials-call-for-ban-on-potentially-offensive-language/

Seattle officials call for ban on 'potentially offensive' language
Government workers in the city of Seattle have been advised that the terms "citizen" and "brown bag" are potentially offensive and may no longer be used in official documents and discussions.

KOMO-TV reports that the city's Office of Civil Rights instructed city workers in a recent internal memo to avoid using the words because some may find them offensive.

"Luckily, we've got options," Elliott Bronstein of the Office for Civil Rights wrote in the memo obtained by the station. "For 'citizens,' how about 'residents?'"

In an interview with Seattle's KIRO Radio, Bronstein said the term "brown bag" has been used historically as a way to judge skin color.

"For a lot of particularly African American community members, the phrase brown bag does bring up associations with the past when a brown bag was actually used, I understand, to determine if people's skin color was light enough to allow admission to an event or to come into a party that was being held in a private home," Bronstein said.

According to the memo, city employees should use the terms "lunch-and-learn" or "sack lunch" instead of "brown bag."

Bronstein told KIRO Radio the word "citizen" should be avoided because many people who live in Seattle are residents, not citizens.

WTH? Wow, learn something new every day. I never knew that brown bag was a racist term. Here I thought it meant lunch all these years. What will they think of next.Good thing they didn't ban moronic f'tards. I guess "Creepy a$$ cracker" is still ok though.
The people around you may not be citizens or residents at all. They are "entities", and each should have a unique serial number to avoid all that duplicate name nonsense. I claim "THX1138" right off the top, unless this entity has not been granted that right of choice.

Xbonz
08-02-2013, 03:21 PM
There really are no words to describe......

But I do have a question: Will people named Brown or Black have to change their names now?

TLE2
08-02-2013, 03:33 PM
No, but Ron White will.

Xbonz
08-02-2013, 03:36 PM
No, but Ron White will.

:facepalm2:

ronpaul50
08-02-2013, 06:31 PM
They are also going after gender specific names. Where will they stop? I'm so sick of the libitards and their pussification of America.