PDA

View Full Version : Don't Shoot If Someone is coming at you . . .

Roverron
08-05-2013, 02:41 PM
BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
August 2, 2013 6:43 pm

Executive Director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns Mark Glaze gave some ambiguous and potentially dangerous self defense advice Friday on “Hardball.”

Glaze, speaking in opposition to “Stand Your Ground” laws, said in a circumstance where someone “comes at you” with an axe handle one should attempt to either “talk,” “fight with your fists,” “run away,” or “deescalate the situation,” but not shoot the attacker:

MARK GLAZE: Very often somebody will come at you. They might want to have a fistfight. They might come at you with an axe handle.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Would you consider the guy with the axe handle armed or not?

MARK GLAZE: Not with a gun.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I would consider him armed [laughter].

MARK GLAZE: I have a word for him. I grew up in Colorado where my dad was a gun dealer, and a guy who shoots somebody who has anything other than a gun when they could have done something else like talk or fight with their fists –

CHRIS MATTHEWS: How do you talk to a guy with an axe handle?

MARK GLAZE: Well, you fight him. You run away. You deescalate the situation.

An axe handle, depending on the state and manner of use, can legally constitute a deadly weapon.

A Washington Free Beacon investigation suggests attempting to fist fight or talk down a crazed axe handle wielding attacker may not be prudent advice.

http://freebeacon.com/mayors-against-illegal-guns-says-dont-shoot-if-someone-comes-at-you-with-a-deadly-weapon/

YOu THINK??? WTF, This man is a perfect example of why abortion should be allowed. If only his mom had done that there would be one less MORAN breathing in our air. FMAIG, FBHO, FEH.

ronpaul50
08-05-2013, 03:17 PM
I am not going to take one for the BHO team. Somebody comes at me and I fear for my life or my family's the outcome will be with gunpowder and lead. If I can safely retreat I would.

What upsets me is that they keep inviting these azzhats on TV. Shut off their air time/supply.

You always get me fired up Ron.

Roverron
08-05-2013, 03:21 PM
I am not going to take one for the BHO team. Somebody comes at me and I fear for my life or my family's the outcome will be with gunpowder and lead. If I can safely retreat I would.

What upsets me is that they keep inviting these azzhats on TV. Shut off their air time/supply.

You always get me fired up Ron.

Sorry Ron! I just hate keeping it to myself.

ronpaul50
08-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Just let it out you'll feel better. :)

DaFadda
08-05-2013, 07:12 PM
"YOu THINK??? WTF, This man is a perfect example of why abortion should be allowed. If only his mom had done that there would be one less MORAN breathing in our air. FMAIG, FBHO, FEH."

Ahem. Ron. Really. Did you not know that my last name IS MORAN? What is it that you are possibly implying? Just asking of course.....
Love Ya! and LOL!

+Michael MORAN

Roverron
08-05-2013, 09:33 PM
"YOu THINK??? WTF, This man is a perfect example of why abortion should be allowed. If only his mom had done that there would be one less MORAN breathing in our air. FMAIG, FBHO, FEH."

Ahem. Ron. Really. Did you not know that my last name IS MORAN? What is it that you are possibly implying? Just asking of course.....
Love Ya! and LOL!

+Michael MORAN

Sorry padre, misspelled MORON, my bad!!

Riverpigusmc
08-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I will not retreat. I will not hide. I WILL NOT shoot someone in the back running away (like the old days in the Corps) but he damn sure better hope there aint a block wall in front of him I can bounce a round back into his front

Sheepdog
08-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Two to center mass, one to the head. that should “deescalate the situation,”.:D

Riverpigusmc
08-05-2013, 10:46 PM

Love Ya! and LOL!

+Michael MORAN

:X

:D:D:eek::p