PDA

View Full Version : Glock 20

sdmc530
08-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Here are the pre-post mods on the Glock. The thing is huge but the proof is in the pudding so they say. Off to the range to get some numbers and a report!

Stay tuned.....

Xbonz
08-15-2013, 11:23 AM
You gonna use a sling to carry that beast? :D

Riverpigusmc
08-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Hope the twins heal before he tries to lift it :D

Grouse
08-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Not even plastic fantastic.:facepalm2:

sdmc530
08-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Well back from the range.....

Cons:
Just like every other Glock the slide release sucks, to small and difficult to use so that will have to be upgraded to a larger one. The only other issue I had was the thread protector would become loose. So I will have to put some purple on it to keep it tight. The bad thing about this is that you need to unscrew it to disassemble so that will be a pain. I just won't clean it.:D

Pros: I was a straight shooter, I tried some rounds at 25 yards with the 6" barrel and was hitting 8 ring or better 7/10 times. Not too bad.
The velocities were the real deal.

Remington 180gr fprn factory loads
With stock barrel the average of 15 rounds was 1123.883 and with the Lone Wolf barrel the average for 15 rounds was 1208.5. A added average of 82.667.

Hornady 200 grhp XTP factory loads
With stock barrel the average of 15 rounds was 907.1667 and with the Lone Wolf barrel the average for 15 rounds was 988.8333 A added average of 81.6667.

So it adds about 80 FPS. That is pretty good considering its a really inexpensive way to get some more boom for your buck.

I really enjoyed shooting the gun, was accurate and handled well. Its is kind of large with the big barrel out the end but I would never carry a Glock anyways....

Riverpigusmc
08-15-2013, 08:27 PM
No reason to clean a Glock. The purple is what I use on my Chicago screws on my belts..Permatex makes it

BTW...if I had my n*ts cut, it would cost at least a Les Baer funny

love ya, man

Sheepdog
08-15-2013, 09:03 PM
What are you going to put on the threaded barrel?

sdmc530
08-15-2013, 09:30 PM
What are you going to put on the threaded barrel?

I hope to put somthign on there some day, maybe.....I didnt order it either, the wifey did so not sure why but it does look nice with the thread protector on there instead of all that steel out there. Not sure what I will do with it. IF I do get tired of it I will ship it to lone wolf and have them either lop it off and crown it or just get another one that is not threaded.....

sdmc530
08-15-2013, 09:33 PM
No reason to clean a Glock. The purple is what I use on my Chicago screws on my belts..Permatex makes it

BTW...if I had my n*ts cut, it would cost at least a Les Baer funny

love ya, man

I put the purple stuff on the thing, works great and it will come off when I do need it too. I can just shoot it and get it hot and then remember to turn it off at the range if I need to.

I am wanting on Kobra really bad but she wouldnt spend that kind of $$$ of me of course...she dont love me that much. Some day though...some day...