PDA

View Full Version : Polishing slide on 09 CBOB

zenfly
09-10-2013, 12:13 PM
I fear if I polish the flats on my CBOB it will remove the word Classic that seems to be burned in with a laser or something but feels to be above the surface.. Any advice here ?

skosh69
09-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Considering the flats are already polished, how much more were you planning, a hard chrome, mirror like finish?

zenfly
09-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Considering the flats are already polished, how much more were you planning, a hard chrome, mirror like finish?

No.. I just want to get the scratches all in line with a similar grit by putting the wet dry paper on glass , using oil and even a straight edge.. Like I said the word Classic feels like it's burned in with a laser or something and feels above the surface.. Might be below also but if it's not the abrasive will remove it..

The Kydex / Supertuck is also beating the crap out of the blast top .. I wonder how the bead blast on the Valor would hold up EDC in Kydex.. Likely get rubbed out in spots too..

It's weird how I like a blue or parked gun with some holster wear. That it just gives them character but don't care for it on my CBOB..

skosh69
09-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Ah ha, I see. There is always more to the story that first told....:D

If it were me, I would carefully cover the "Classic" and do my best to work around it.

Dave Waits once suggested 00 steel wool and some kinda lubricant to remove small scratches and rust. I've used the 00 steel wool along with CorrosionX to do this on my Cbob, worked great. Remember to work with the grain of the metal.

Good luck.

zenfly
09-11-2013, 05:41 AM
Dan Wesson won't pick up the phone and don't answer emails.. Must be out of business..:eek:

Roverron
09-11-2013, 05:59 AM
I've used a 0000steelwool to micro polish but be easy on it.

milkmanjoe
09-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Home Depot sells a stainless steel polish, it is creamy, not gritty. It is made for polishing stainless steel sinks/fixtures.
Name is CorStone - Creme Sink Polish
Buffs out beautiful. I used soft cloth and let the polish do the work.